Official Josh Norman is a Free Agent – Miami Rumors Super Thread | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Josh Norman is a Free Agent – Miami Rumors Super Thread

Has Cole been right about one thing concerning Miami this year? This tweet makes me think wonder if we are all in on Norman.

He is probably right, we are now all of a sudden convinced that compensatory picks are the key to success as well as trading down to take average to below average corners

What is he 28, 29? Sure let's give an at most 3 yr player top level production a max deal when we're 3 years from being a a serious contender...

What is he 28, 29? Sure let's give an at most 3 yr player top level production a max deal when we're 3 years from being a a serious contender...

funny cuz the team he was on went from bottom dweller to contender pretty quick....

we've been saying "we're 3 years away" now for the last 6

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2h
Ian Rapoport Retweeted NFL Network

Norman is expected to beat the franchise tag number when he's all done.

He's 28. People act like 30 is a death sentence; he was the top CB in the league last season.

SF and Washington are the front-runners for now. I knew the Dolphins wouldn't pursue him; he's a perfect fit and he makes too much sense...but he's not mediocre. We want to collect all the mediocre players in FA, not the best.

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

He would also allow us to go pure BPA in the first 3 rounds, and get exponentially better without reaching.

I'd love to know where that 3 years myth originated. It takes a year to build a playoff team if you have a QB. Anything else means you have a **** GM, **** coach, or both.

Josh Norman had 1 good year. Not worth 16 mil a year. Not even a shut down CB. He plays zone. Rather draft Apple. Younger, Cheaper, and be just has good in 2 years....

Whatever $$ figure we're all saying is way too high for a player like Josh...will be the norm or minimum next year.. So the idea of 15/16 mil isn't as outrageous as many are making it seem.

Whatever $$ figure we're all saying is way too high for a player like Josh...will be the norm or minimum next year.. So the idea of 15/16 mil isn't as outrageous as many are making it seem.

While this is true, it makes it much harder when you already have two guys that will be getting 20+ million the next few seasons in suh and tannehill

I'd love to know where that 3 years myth originated. It takes a year to build a playoff team if you have a QB. Anything else means you have a **** GM, **** coach, or both.

I bought into that myth for quite a while until recently when I delved more into the X's & O's if you will. Coaching is by far and away the most important factor in winning and can make an immediate impact on a team. Players (especially those at high profile positions) can make that job easier, but there's a reason the W/L column is tied to one position on a football team and one position only - the coaches.

Dolphins reportedly out of the Josh Norman derby, despite interest

The Dolphins were clearly interested in free agent cornerback Josh Norman, but it appears unlikely they’ll be able to add another $16 million a year guy to their payroll.

According to Adam Beasley and Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald, the Dolphins are apparently out of the Norman derby, despite making an early call and having legitimate interest.

Source: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ut-of-the-josh-norman-derby-despite-interest/

Frankly I'd love to have the kid but he really did price himself out of Miami. You need 4 to 5m for the draft class and that leaves you 14ish maybe 15m. He wants more than that and he will probably get it but at the minimum he is getting 14m.

I am still wondering if something else went on behind the scene also, why cut him loose this year? Why not after the season? Unless Carolina has a plan for next season and wanted the roll over money I don't get it.

I bought into that myth for quite a while until recently when I delved more into the X's & O's if you will. Coaching is by far and away the most important factor in winning and can make an immediate impact on a team. Players (especially those at high profile positions) can make that job easier, but there's a reason the W/L column is tied to one position on a football team and one position only - the coaches.

This is not true. No matter how much you want it to be true, it's not going to change the fact that at team's W/L record is also tied to the QB.

This is not true. No matter how much you want it to be true, it's not going to change the fact that at team's W/L record is also tied to the QB.

Don't be confused; I was talking about real football. Not the mystical realm people dabble in where it involves only a handful of offensive players for funtastical fantasy purposes.

Back
Top Bottom