Official March Madness Thread: The Road To Indianapolis | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official March Madness Thread: The Road To Indianapolis

phunwin said:
But the smart money would be on a LSU-Florida final. That depresses me, personally; given the choice of a Gators-Tigers football game and this, I'm fairly sure that the vast majority of both student bodies would opt for football. Someone once said the SEC has 10 football schools, 1 basketball school (Kentucky) and 1 academic school (Vanderbilt). There's a lot of truth to that. It would be like seeing Duke vs. UNC in a college bowl game.
that's true, but it's games like these that ignite the passion in other sports for the universities' fans. right now they would take football over basketball, obviously, but if they keep it up, they will have plenty of more passionate fans.

I'd just love to have George Mason win it all just for the "Mid-Majors". It's time for a school to win it all that not many people have heard of. Most importantly, Billy Packer will be exiled :D

Go (George Mason) Patriots!

TerryTate said:
I'd just love to have George Mason win it all just for the "Mid-Majors". It's time for a school to win it all that not many people have heard of. Most importantly, Billy Packer will be exiled :D

Or, how about MY school, who hasn't been to a Final 4 in 20 years.

That would work for me. :up:

DolphinDevil28 said:
Or, how about MY school, who hasn't been to a Final 4 in 20 years.

That would work for me. :up:

Or how about George Mason, who has NEVER been to a final four and them winning a national championship would be a David defeating Goliath (actually a few of them) scenario.

Rustin, you're a cool guy, but you lose on this one. :yes:

TerryTate said:
Or how about George Mason, who has NEVER been to a final four and them winning a national championship would be a David defeating Goliath (actually a few of them) scenario.

Rustin, you're a cool guy, but you lose on this one. :yes:

Trust me, GM is my second choice.

But just imagine if UCF was there. That's how I feel right now. Sorry, I'm so damned excited!!!

TerryTate said:

VEGAS wants GM to win it also. Because NOBODY put money on them this year to win this tourney. So, Vegas will just make a boatload of money if they actually win this thing.

Now, if Florida wins...........VEGAS will be jumping out of high-rises. I guess at the start of their early run back in Nov/Dec a bunch of people laid money down on them at 70-1 or 75-1. And are just waiting to cash in right now.

How about the Big East? What a job to get 8 teams in and NONE to the FF:lol:

we could be looking at an all-SEC final

nick1 said:
we could be looking at an all-SEC final

It's about time the SEC got a FF team again, it's been 6 years. The SEC used to be right up there w/ the ACC for best conf in most years until the past 5 years or so and evn in that span the ACC hasn't been normal but we still have 3 title and multiple FFs.

Intersting note on UF, they made it in '94, '00 and now '06. I guess they are due in '12?:D

nyjunc said:
It's about time the SEC got a FF team again, it's been 6 years. The SEC used to be right up there w/ the ACC for best conf in most years until the past 5 years or so and evn in that span the ACC hasn't been normal but we still have 3 title and multiple FFs.

Intersting note on UF, they made it in '94, '00 and now '06. I guess they are due in '12?:D
hope not for their sake

culpepper2chambers said:
I like Farmer but I have to disagree with you, he isn''t the best PG in the nation, Marcus Williams is. the kid can make any pass and can just flat out play

nick1 said:
I like Farmer but I have to disagree with you, he isn''t the best PG in the nation, Marcus Williams is. the kid can make any pass and can just flat out play

:yeahthat:

Farmar is a good pg though heres how my top 5 pgs in college bball look right now

1. Marcus Williams PG UCONN
2. Dee Brown PG Illinois
3. Darius Washington PG Memphis
4. Kyle Lowry PG Villanova
5. Daniel Gibson PG Texas

Back
Top Bottom