Official March Madness Thread: The Road To Indianapolis | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official March Madness Thread: The Road To Indianapolis

SMadison29 said:
It's the truth. Of the 3 teams currently in the Final there are only two players that have NBA talent, Davis & Thomas from LSU. Nobody from George Mason is going the NBA, though Jai Lewis may make it to the NFL. Farmar & Moute are good young college players for UCLA but neither is a lock for the NBA. This is good parity but not good for the NCAA & ratings.

I beg to differ.

Your exact reasons you mentioned are why this will be a GREAT Final Four. The Cinderellas. George Mason!!??? Are you kidding?

The vast majority of college fans don't give a FLYING DIAHRREA about the NBA. Especially not right now. They don't care who's going where in the lottery.

Put together the fact that a huge Cinderella has made it with the fact that two schools in already have HUGE fan bases in LSU and UCLA, and possibly a third if Florida wins.

This will be a great Final Four. It's not about the NBA at this time of the year.

SMadison29 said:
It's the truth. Of the 3 teams currently in the Final there are only two players that have NBA talent, Davis & Thomas from LSU. Nobody from George Mason is going the NBA, though Jai Lewis may make it to the NFL. Farmar & Moute are good young college players for UCLA but neither is a lock for the NBA. This is good parity but not good for the NCAA & ratings.

actually, Farmar and Affalo would be first round picks this year and next year. Farmar is one of the best PGs in the country.

luc richard or w/e his 5 word name is he could make it to the NBA......and yes farmar is one of the best pgs in the country and is a sophmore. u guys act GM is a highschool team......these guyz are for real.

Mason has good talent, you can't win the tornament without talent. Will Thomas is a NBA player and a good one at that. Jai Lewis is also a good talent. Butler and Skin and also pretty good. I don't know where you get Mason has no talent from

Florida will make the final four after they beat Nova and they have tons of NBA talent. Florida will win it all. It will be Florida and UCLA in the final game. yes I said UCLA, LSU just doesn't have a guy with a good 3 point shot. UCLA has a good defense and will shut down LSU.

UCLA also has good NBA talent, you don't get this far if you don't

DolphinDevil28 said:
Precisely.

...and Uconn only beat LSU by 1. And it was in Hartford.

They shouldn't of. Uconn is overrated and this is coming from someone who lives in CT. Rudy Gay is the most overrated overhyped player in the NCAA. The guy couldn't gaurd a chair and on offense he still doesn't take over games like he should with the way people make him out to be. Also Marcus Williams is one of the worst pg's i've seen he reminds me of a streetballer.

I want to see either Florida or Mason win this whole thing and I have no doubt that one will

culpepper2chambers said:
meh i like williams.....i think id take farmar over williams by a hair.

Don't get me wrong, the man has talent but he's suppose to be a point gaurd but he doesn't act like. He's like stupid Allen Iverson, tries to do everything himself and that just doesn't work because it takes a team to win.

nick1 said:
Florida will make the final four after they beat Nova and they have tons of NBA talent. Florida will win it all. It will be Florida and UCLA in the final game. yes I said UCLA, LSU just doesn't have a guy with a good 3 point shot. UCLA has a good defense and will shut down LSU.

UCLA also has good NBA talent, you don't get this far if you don't

:lol:

They said the same thing when we played Texas A&M, when we played Duke, when we played Texas, etc...

So go ahead. Keep on saying LSU will get "shut down." :lol:

MARINO1384 said:
They shouldn't of. Uconn is overrated and this is coming from someone who lives in CT. Rudy Gay is the most overrated overhyped player in the NCAA. The guy couldn't gaurd a chair and on offense he still doesn't take over games like he should with the way people make him out to be. Also Marcus Williams is one of the worst pg's i've seen he reminds me of a streetballer.

Gay is actually a pretty good defender, he just takes too many fakes. But yeah he is overrated.

I like Williams as well, he'll be a lotto pick after how he performed, but IMO he's not as good of a PG as Farmar or Lowry.

UConn as a team was very overrated. I remember listening to an interview the whole team did during the Mawuii invitationatl, and they were saying if the whole team stayed healthy, they were Final 4 locks. They bought into their own hype, and never play hard throughout a game. In 99 they had Rip, a guy who would break your heart and stomp on it, in 04 they had Gordon(who was an unstoppable guard), and Okafor (who was the most dominant force in college basketball that year).

DolphinDevil28 said:
:lol:

They said the same thing when we played Texas A&M, when we played Duke, when we played Texas, etc...

So go ahead. Keep on saying LSU will get "shut down." :lol:

who needs an outside shot when you've got T2 and Baby Shaq?

nick1 said:
Mason has good talent, you can't win the tornament without talent. Will Thomas is a NBA player and a good one at that. Jai Lewis is also a good talent. Butler and Skin and also pretty good. I don't know where you get Mason has no talent from

Will Thomas massively upgraded his stock in the NBA today. And who's to say Skinn couldn't become a great NBA backup point guard? The guy doesn't quit and has a smooth stroke.

Back
Top Bottom