Official March Madness Thread: The Road To Indianapolis | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official March Madness Thread: The Road To Indianapolis

MARINO1384 said:
Don't get me wrong, the man has talent but he's suppose to be a point gaurd but he doesn't act like. He's like stupid Allen Iverson, tries to do everything himself and that just doesn't work because it takes a team to win.

i want a true pg, that runs offense. spurs have a true pg, suns do, mavs do, pistons do, miami kind of does, cavs do. successful teams have true pgs.

ChambersWI said:
Gay is actually a pretty good defender, he just takes too many fakes. But yeah he is overrated.

I like Williams as well, he'll be a lotto pick after how he performed, but IMO he's not as good of a PG as Farmar or Lowry.

UConn as a team was very overrated. I remember listening to an interview the whole team did during the Mawuii invitationatl, and they were saying if the whole team stayed healthy, they were Final 4 locks. They bought into their own hype, and never play hard throughout a game. In 99 they had Rip, a guy who would break your heart and stomp on it, in 04 they had Gordon(who was an unstoppable guard), and Okafor (who was the most dominant force in college basketball that year).

About Gay he's a pretty bad defender he gaurded well in the tournament but the guy can't gaurd a chair. If it wasn't for his hieght and those long arms he'd be absolutely horrible. He's the one that blew the tournament last year he let that guy go right past him for the easy shot to win the game.

culpepper2chambers said:
gay just needs to try harder and then IMO he wouldnt be overrated.

Yes he seems to be saving himself for the NBA, which pisses me off because it tells me he has no pride and i wouldn't want anyone like that on my team.

culpepper2chambers said:
he can get to the basket at will, and shoots consistant. he should be domnating every game.

Yeah but as i said he's not playing hard and seems to be saving himself. If he woke up and played defensive instead of being one dimentional (don't know how to spell) then he would be the #1 pick and Uconn would be in the the final four. i garentee it.

DolphinDevil28 said:
Congrats.

I hope we meet in the finals.

GEAUX TIGERS!!!

I think we got an extremely good chance of that judging from both teams play.

DolphinDevil28 said:
Congrats.

I hope we meet in the finals.

GEAUX TIGERS!!!

No doubt. UCLA did *NOT* impress me at all against Memphis. And Florida has George Mason. Of course, if Mason can beat Connecticut, UNC and Michigan State (3 of the last 6 NCAA champs, including the last 2, I might add), they can sure as heck beat Florida.

But the smart money would be on a LSU-Florida final. That depresses me, personally; given the choice of a Gators-Tigers football game and this, I'm fairly sure that the vast majority of both student bodies would opt for football. Someone once said the SEC has 10 football schools, 1 basketball school (Kentucky) and 1 academic school (Vanderbilt). There's a lot of truth to that. It would be like seeing Duke vs. UNC in a college bowl game.

phunwin said:
No doubt. UCLA did *NOT* impress me at all against Memphis. And Florida has George Mason. Of course, if Mason can beat Connecticut, UNC and Michigan State (3 of the last 6 NCAA champs, including the last 2, I might add), they can sure as heck beat Florida.

But the smart money would be on a LSU-Florida final. That depresses me, personally; given the choice of a Gators-Tigers football game and this, I'm fairly sure that the vast majority of both student bodies would opt for football. Someone once said the SEC has 10 football schools, 1 basketball school (Kentucky) and 1 academic school (Vanderbilt). There's a lot of truth to that. It would be like seeing Duke vs. UNC in a college bowl game.

:lol: u wouldnt learn from ur mistake would you. smart money to bet conneticut against george mason. :lol:

culpepper2chambers said:
UCLA is better than yall think.
I know they are, they have a very good defense. they will beat LSU

Back
Top Bottom