*** OFFICIAL MIAMI DOLPHINS @ CHICAGO BEARS GAME THREAD *** Preseason WK1 | Page 78 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** OFFICIAL MIAMI DOLPHINS @ CHICAGO BEARS GAME THREAD *** Preseason WK1

Status
Not open for further replies.
So...how bad do you want to win this game?
I want the guys on the field in Dolphin uniforms to score more points than the guys not wearing Dolphin uniforms. I'd like to see the guys on the field, with a chance to win any competition, win that. Does it mean anything longterm? Not really. But I get a little happiness out of it.

Preseason doesn't matter for a team. But it sure as heck matters to see a guy like Myarick just get stripped on a big catch in his first real action. It matters for Myarick and it matters for the team that just saw that in their evaluation.

Fields might not ever be good. However, he has a strong toolset (arm strength, size, running ability) that you can be patient with for the upside. Similar to Allen.

You need a strong toolset to develop, otherwise what are you wasting your time developing? What's the upside?

Yeah! But learning the mental side of the Game AT the NFL level is no joke.

Teams are going to scheme him and dare him to beat them with his arm.

Can he do that or will he be the next RGIII?

Plenty of decisions between the 40th and 60th players on this team. Don't let the 86th man blowing a play for the whole unit distract you from that.
Agreed. The top 40 are also getting quality work in on the side with coaches as they observe the teams gameplan get executed. For one of the youngest teams in the league I think that’s key

I want the guys on the field in Dolphin uniforms to score more points than the guys not wearing Dolphin uniforms. I'd like to see the guys on the field, with a chance to win any competition, win that. Does it mean anything longterm? Not really. But I get a little happiness out of it.

Preseason doesn't matter for a team. But it sure as heck matters to see a guy like Myarick just get stripped on a big catch in his first real action. It matters for Myarick and it matters for the team that just saw that in their evaluation.
think about it like this though:
Our team will get down to 53 ppl. 40-some will get cut. I prefer those who get cut to have had their chance and not be good enough than to ball out and get cut. That would suck more in my opinion.

Now the interviews in game start. I hate this about pre-season, there are plays going on there, focus on that, talk to these guys later with you fluff questions that'll get an orchestrated response.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom