***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread*** | Page 639 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man I just heard Randall Hill’s call in to the post game show on Friday Night. He straight up called in without notice and hung up after he was done with his rant.

Chilling stuff . . . Been looking around to find a link.

As for Richt . . . There just isn’t any excuse for Rosier starting.

This is the University of Miami . . . We dealt with it last year because the team was on a lucky run and was undefeated but you mean to tell me another year in you don’t have a QB better than Rosier to lead your team vs. the Virginia’s and Boston College’s?

It is inexcusable, and I really don’t wanna hear it anymore. It is clear as day that Nkosi Perry is miles more talented at QB than Rosier yet u keep trotting that dude out there.

Give fans more credit than that, we know this and if Perry struggles then he struggles . . . But the absolute worse possible scenario is watching Malik again while still having all this ambiguity at the QB position going forward.

Yea losses suck but utter incompetence while still losing is the worst and that is what I see from Richt in 2018. From playcalling to roster decisions.

Mark Richt sticks with QB Malik Rosier. And here’s what he said about his play-calling.

“Malik is the starter,” Richt said matter-of-factly when asked if he already knew who would start Saturday at Hard Rock Stadium. The coach then elaborated on his decision by returning the same talking points he’s used since naming Rosier the starter Oct. 17.

“Like I’ve said a lot of times, I feel like he can handle the game plan the best right now and gives us the best shot,” Richt said. “If that changes, then that will change. That’s where we’re at right now.”

Regarding his play-calling, which many have criticized as uncreative and repetitive, Richt said coaches will stick with what they’ve been doing.

“We all as a staff put our game plan together. It’s a joint effort,” Richt said. “There are certain plays that we like on first and second down, in the green zone as we call it, between the 20s. And then there are certain plays we like in third-and-short, third-and-medium, third-and-long. We rep all those plays. We all have confidence in them. Same thing in the red zone.

“And so, to a degree we’re just calling the plays that we’ve repped, that we have the faith and confidence in, that we worked against the looks we think we’ll see. So, it’s not really a situation of making stuff up in the middle of the game.

“We’re sticking to the plan [and] making adjustments if need be. But for the most part we’re calling the things that we all believe in. We just gotta do a better job of it.”

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/college/acc/university-of-miami/article220681155.html

:bang::dead:

There is so much wrong with that.

Obviously as the last two games have shown Rosier is not the right choice to run this HS offense successfully. But the question I have is if Richt believes that Rosier can run that crappy and shallow offense better than Perry one has to question Perry's football smarts. Richt hangs on to a QB from the Al Golden era over his own recruit? What does that say about Richt's recruitment talent?

Personally I have not seen anything which would put Perry in the stupid box. He is young, he made mistakes as expected but he also has shown resilience and nerves for comebacks.
Under Rosier I see a boring and predictable offense who lacks scoring and moving the ball with consistency.

Someone needs to check the donation sheet if the Rosier family or their friends/associates are donors to UM otherwise I cannot explain why Richt coaches himself out of a job.

The Canes offense, now 83rd in the country (387.6-yard average)
UM is 128th of 129 FBS teams in net punting (31.6-yard average)

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/college/acc/university-of-miami/article220893610.html

Rosier and Feagles . . . The two main things from last year that we all said needed to go has continued to haunt us this year. SMH

On the brightside, UVA lost last night, essentially opening the Coastal right back open . . . But still need to see some offense before I fall back into that trap.

So he pulls his safety net Rosier to give Perry the ball at his own 8 after it starts pouring.

Richt is just out of touch as a manager of the offense

Richt needs to go. When you are losing to Duke, Richt needs to go.

I don't want to be like Georgia and have to root for a team that has him as a coach for the rest of my life.

Richt needs to go. When you are losing to Duke, Richt needs to go.

I don't want to be like Georgia and have to root for a team that has him as a coach for the rest of my life.

No worries . . . He’ll say his playcalling was good . . . But we didnt execute . . . Just like he said after last weeks loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom