***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread*** | Page 652 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure who they bring in as an upgrade. He has limitations but overall he’ll keep you in contention. He had no QB this year and it showed.

I think Richt was a good coach, especially his first few years, but he checked out this year and it showed. Recruiting wasn't good, playcalling was basic and predictable.

Glad he acknowledged that he wasn't into it anymore and retired instead of making a money grab next year. He's a good guy.

Unbelievable. Best late Christmas gift ever.

But after attending the Canes basketball game yesterday if was unmistakable toward the growing animosity toward Richt. One person after another was telling me they were not going to renew the football season tickets next year. I think Richt understood that his reputation was going to take a severe blow if he didn't get out of here now. Banners would have been flying everywhere. The opening game against the Gators would have brought out the vultures upon defeat.

Brent Venables or Matt Campbell please. I like Babers a lot too, and I think his personality would mesh well in the area as far as recruiting goes.

How do you guys feel about Mario? I just know his name is going to ring out, and fast.

Have to assume Manny would of had a a shot at the job but probably best he was snatched up.

Miami has a chance to get this right

Here are some names being tossed around

https://247sports.com/college/miami/LongFormArticle/Miami-Hurricanes-Coaching-Search-Hot-Board-127048102/?utm_source=247Sports Newsletter&utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_campaign=181230_151527_Miami Hurricanes&utm_content=Link&liveconnect=15-5C-1E-65-8E-10-5E-07-B8-D7-56-12-19-76-0E-F1181230_151527MiamiHurricanes

Mario would require a 10 mil buy out, Excellent recruiter
Kiffin is nuts but would play well with the recruits. Babers from Cuse is not bad. Butch is almost 70 but did a great job at FIU

Here are some names being tossed around

https://247sports.com/college/miami/LongFormArticle/Miami-Hurricanes-Coaching-Search-Hot-Board-127048102/?utm_source=247Sports Newsletter&utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_campaign=181230_151527_Miami Hurricanes&utm_content=Link&liveconnect=15-5C-1E-65-8E-10-5E-07-B8-D7-56-12-19-76-0E-F1181230_151527MiamiHurricanes

Mario would require a 10 mil buy out, Excellent recruiter
Kiffin is nuts but would play well with the recruits. Babers from Cuse is not bad. Butch is almost 70 but did a great job at FIU

Many of the cons on that list is that they have no ties to South Florida for recruiting. Quite honestly maybe it is time that The U looked outside of its back yard for talent.

Many of the cons on that list is that they have no ties to South Florida for recruiting. Quite honestly maybe it is time that The U looked outside of its back yard for talent.

We tried that with Al Golden :bobdole:

It's all about getting the good recruits and a connection to South Fla surely helps. They know all the high school coaches and have been following the best players down there.

Not saying it must be a Miami guy but that surely helps.

We tried that with Al Golden :bobdole:

It's all about getting the good recruits and a connection to South Fla surely helps. They know all the high school coaches and have been following the best players down there.

Not saying it must be a Miami guy but that surely helps.

What has the connection gotten us? Not a National Championship. The team doesn't need to be made of of 90% local talent. They can still have a connection with the assistants/position coaches but maybe they need to try harder at selling the weather to some of the corn fed fellers in the MW? :D

I hear ya but teams built with mostly S.Fla talent won 5 Championships. Go north to get some big body linemen but the best skill position players are in Fla . Bama and Clemson recruit there heavily. Georgia / Texas / west coast for special players only.

Lock down south Fla and we'll be a power house again.

I hear ya but teams built with mostly S.Fla talent won 5 Championships. Go north to get some big body linemen but the best skill position players are in Fla . Bama and Clemson recruit there heavily. Georgia / Texas / west coast for special players only.

Lock down south Fla and we'll be a power house again.

And this is why Cristobal doesn't scare me much. He is an excellent recruiter. Any coach that comes here and locks down the area will easily build a powerhouse at least capable of rivaling Clemson.

At Oregon, he was able to keep together Taggart's class, produce a top 5 recruiting class, and convince a QB who was likely a lock to be a top 10 pick to stay another year. Sounds like a difficult situation to leave, and it would cost $10 million just to buyout the contract (or $8 million after January 31, 2019).

But this is absolutely his dream job.

Personally, I'm more afraid of hiring Schiano, Kiffin, Diaz, Mark Stoops.

My short list would be (no order): Butch, Mario, Campbell, Babers, Venables, and yes -- MIKE PIRATE LEACH. But I'd interview at least 10 guys. This is a program shifting decision, one way or the other.

Last edited:
Good points about Mario Michael although I think he pissed off some alumni when he bolted for Bama after being on staff here just a short time.I'd be ok with him.
Who ever they get I would not mind Major Applewhite who got fired from Houston as OC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom