***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread*** | Page 653 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good points about Mario Michael although I think he pissed off some alumni when he bolted for Bama after being on staff here just a short time.I'd be ok with him.
Who ever they get I would not mind Major Applewhite who got fired from Houston as OC
If Cristobal stays under Golden no way in hell is a head coach again.

Yes that's true but the guys with the money may still have sore butts about it.

Personally I think it's a very attractive opening and there will be several guys who want it.
Reasons ? S. Fla talent , new practise facility , proved with a winning team can make Hard Rock a true home field advantage , lots of good talent from the last top 8 class of recruits to build with , The weather :)

Cristobal, Leach, or Dino Babers...in no real order.

If we were to get Diaz, I’d be so pissed...his defenses are as overrated as our late 90s/early 2000s ones were.

I also wouldn’t be as down on Rex as a lot of people are...I think he’d be a perfect college coach. He was a guy I thought about in 2015.

Let him hire a stud OC.

I like Leach and Cristobal I think I am going to take a pass on Dino Babers though.

It seems highly unlikely that Butch Davis would be the first choice for the Canes, but I hope you guys don't hire him. He's doing a pretty phenomenal job at FIU and I think if he stays for a few more years he can do for that program what Schnellenberger did for FAU.

I wonder if Ken Dorsey is on the radar for the Canes in any capacity? Heard nothing but great things about how he's conducted himself in his current role at FIU.

I like Babers and would be ok with that hire but he's not my prefysimply because of his age. He's Richt's age. I'd rather take a chance on someone younger.

I like Babers and would be ok with that hire but he's not my prefysimply because of his age. He's Richt's age. I'd rather take a chance on someone younger.
Isn't that crazy about his age? I honestly thought he was in his young 40s.

I wonder if Ken Dorsey is on the radar for the Canes in any capacity? Heard nothing but great things about how he's conducted himself in his current role at FIU.

He just accepted the Job as OC for App st. I'd like him for Miami if he was available.

Cristobal is fixing to build a monster at Oregon. They’re going to be bigger and more physical than Chip Kelly’s version. I don’t see him leaving that one.

Mike Leach thrown in the middle of south Florida high school talent would be fairly scary. I was glad he didn’t end up with the Tennessee job last year when it appeared to be a done deal.

However, if you want an up and coming coach and recruiter go get Jimmy Lake from the Huskies.

Call Bob Stoops while you’re at it. He’s not doing much these days other than growing a beard that has surprisingly little gray in it.

There’s good coaches out there.

Twitter buzz is saying Manny Diaz.

If true, I'm ok with it, but I'd have scoped out the scene for other candidates.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom