***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread*** | Page 655 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get it... Blake James said he was starting his national search for a coach and 7 hours later Manny was hired. If this is a failure then Blake James should be the next to go.

I really think our success will be tied to who Manny hires as OC and if we can get a real QB.

I thought that at first but I really like this hire, this defense was sick it was wasted by the bad offense and this is a better hire than Matt Cambell or Dino Babers I believe. The U is a school that doesn't need a good coach they are one of the schools (IE Notre Dame Alabama) that need the right coach I think he fits the mold.

Meanwhile, Diaz has interest in former North Carolina coach Larry Fedora for his offensive coordinator job. There could be additional candidates as well, but an associate said Diaz holds Fedora in high regard.

The UM assistants dismissed, according to associates: Brown, quarterbacks coach Jon Richt, offensive line coach Stacy Searels, receivers coach Ron Dugans and tight ends coach Todd Hartley.

Cleaning house which is a good start. i might have kept Dugans and Hartley for their recruiting but this allows the new OC to bring in his own guys.

Fire the whole offensive staff! Excellent move. He is showing a pretty big set around campus.

huge_balls_south_park.gif

Rumors are Larry Fedora is next OC if this true HC fails and OC pick fails at least we will have the best looking staff in college football. :chuckle:

Guys, this is what we wanted.... A savage. My concern with Manny was that maybe he already had a relationship with some of the coaches so would keep them around. I thought Rich's son was safe since he lobbied for Manny to be his successor. Nope. All of the underperforming coaches have been slaughtered.

I can't wait to see what type of staff he puts together. Fedora and Martin are both intriguing options on the offensive end, and both guys should be able to pull in solid positional coaches if hired.

I'm really excited about Manny. I have high hopes for the program going forward. But I hope his leash is short, and it better be known that if he doesn't work out.... Blake James goes with him.

Happy New Year. Go Canes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom