***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread*** | Page 657 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel a lot better about the Diaz hire now.

My big worry was keeping guys due to his internal relationship with them.

Now that he cut everybody from offense, I feel like he was probably the best guy for the job and hopefully a surefire OC bing brought in is the cherry on top.

Man great fortune having Richt retire

Houston coach and Texas QB Major Applewhite among those eyed for #Canes OC position with Larry Fedora.

Looks like Temple is going after Fedora for HC. Turnabout is fair play i guess. Applewhite is the guy I wanted anyway if it comes to that. A real gunslinger

Major Applewhite and his offense...

Rice- 58th
Alabama - 75th
Texas - 54th
Texas - 40th
Texas - 65th
Houston - 20th
Houston - 41st

Not very good except his first season at Houston. I just remember them putting up 40 points a game his first year there. Oh well on to the next choice.

Apparently, we're looking at the La. Tech DC for the DC position.

For S&C, Kurt Hester from La. Tech, or Bo Davis from the Lions.

Solid hires if they come to fruition.

Just gonna post that Cedar

**Earlier today, Manny Diaz referred to an additional hire coming on the defense. I'm told Miami is set on making that hire a defensive coordinator, which would move Jon Patke (outside linebackers) and Ephraim Banda (safeties) back to their prior roles on the staff. I can confirm the top target right now is Blake Baker, the current defensive coordinator at Louisiana Tech. Diaz worked with Baker at Mississippi State and I'm told Baker was set to follow Diaz to Temple to be co-DC's with Fran Brown, with Baker in the playcalling role.

Good to have a vet calling D plays and leaving those other guys where they were.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom