Official NCAA Tournament Thread | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official NCAA Tournament Thread

Well it's been a fun ride...but this one looks to be out of reach. What a ****ty 24 hours it's been

To be honest, Miami didn't play poorly at all. Everything that they've done all season long, they did tonight as well. They attacked the way they always have and they played defense they way they have all season. Problem tonight is that everyone was ice cold. You can manage is a shooter goes ice cold, but you can't have everyone go belly up. Marquette never really did anything offensively that Miami wasn't ready for or equipped for. Miami didn't particularly rebound very well, but a lot of that had to do with losing Reggie. Miami shot 30%. That's very very poor shooting. The shots were there, they just didn't go in. If Miami shoots even 35%, this is a very tight game. And Marquette shot over 50% tonight.

I'm no genius, but they should have went to a zone. Marquette is not a good shooting team, and they kept killing Miami with penetration. The zone would have forced them to take more jump shots.

Also, even though he doesn't put up big numbers, Reggie Johnson was sorely missed.

I'm no genius, but they should have went to a zone. Marquette is not a good shooting team, and they kept killing Miami with penetration. The zone would have forced them to take more jump shots.

Also, even though he doesn't put up big numbers, Reggie Johnson was sorely missed.

Reggie Johnson is mostly useless, but we needed our fat slob to matchup with their fat slob.

That said, Coach Larranaga is obviously an average basketball coach.

Cuse putting it on IU right now at the half. Man, Zeller is softer than a baby's behind. NBA GMs should run away from that kid. Sure he runs the floor well for a big guy but overall his play is too soft.

Unless they penetrate the top of the zone. Then it can be broken down.

Marquette played their usual stellar D. Thats why teams shoot a very low percentage against them.

Cuse putting it on IU right now at the half. Man, Zeller is softer than a baby's behind. NBA GMs should run away from that kid. Sure he runs the floor well for a big guy but overall his play is too soft.

Zeller was horrible tonight. Oh well , indiana should be strong again next year.

Unless they penetrate the top of the zone. Then it can be broken down.

Marquette played their usual stellar D. Thats why teams shoot a very low percentage against them.
They're a good team don't get me wrong, but to me it looked like Miami was missing a ton of open shots tonight. Some of it was the defense, but some was also Miami not being able to hit a thing.

Miami missed wide open shots all night long.

Can't tell me that it's stellar D when Miami is blowing layups lol. Rion Brown and TMJ were wide open from three on almost every attempt. Picked a bad night for everyone to be off.

Such a shame, shots simply would not go. It's really the only thing that was wrong, because the defense was great until they were forced to spread out and press. Then there was never a chance. I honestly believe 3-4 more made shots in the first half would have completely changed the game.

Oh well, proud of the boys and pretty thrilled with the season overall. It's good to know we'll have Shane, some talented young players, and some invaluable tourney experience moving forward. And Coach L.

We ask you one time to carry the ACC and you can't do it, they don't miss from 3 against Carolina but against Marquette they can't do anything. So disappointing.

Back
Top Bottom