**Official New England Patriots 06-07 Thread** | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**Official New England Patriots 06-07 Thread**

Pats fans, even as bad as you think Culpepper is, you know in your mind he is a world of an upgrade over Gus, and the Phins played you tight in both games in 2005. You're honestly not a little afraid? ;)

Dolfan984 said:
Pats fans, even as bad as you think Culpepper is, you know in your mind he is a world of an upgrade over Gus, and the Phins played you tight in both games in 2005. You're honestly not a little afraid? ;)

Honestly? No Many of us are concerned about who our defensive starters will be. The secondary showed improvement as the season wore on but really their success was more due to a healthy "D" line and the return of Bruschi. He help to stablize the back field somewhat and with Seymour's return the defense was fairly dominant. With out a decent pass rush any QB will pick a team apart. This season we also look forward to the return of harrison who IMO was probably one of if not the biggest loss we had to endure last season. He is key to secondary and if we get these players back in a reasonable time then there is no reason to fear any QB out there let alone Culpper. We know we have the personel on defense to stop anyone wondering if they be heathly is what scares us.

Dolfan984 said:
Not at all. A Culpepper who has been robbed of most of mobility, had some of the worst QB performances I've ever seen in the games he played before injury last year. No I'm not afraid of Daunte Culpepper.

He's not throwing 4700 yard and 38 TD's this year even though you might think so. The WR blame in Minnesota is pathetic. Culpepper was mis firing, making horrible decisions and getting picked every other play.

If BB has gotten in the minds of Peyton Manning and various elite QB's before, I'm sure he wont have a huge trouble getting inside Culpeppers.

Looking at the TV listings the pats play in atlanta next fri 8/11 and it's broadcast on CBS, We must be the nationally broadcast tv game for the country fri night. Oh well it's time to start shaking out the scrubs.

Yeah then the Miami trolls will break into our thread and thrash us for losing a preseason game if it happens :lol:

ThePats said:
Yeah then the Miami trolls will break into our thread and thrash us for losing a preseason game if it happens :lol:

I don't care what fish fans think its preseason and it don't count anyway. What bugs them is we have 3 nice shiney Lombardi's all lined up in a row and they don't. Besides their the best team on paper and if you don't believe it just ask them and they'll tell you how great they are. They all have their carts ahead of their horses anyway. :sidelol:

I can't wait to see some football and get the chance to see some of the scrubs trying to make the team along with some of the higher round draft picks finally get out and play.

ThePats said:
Not at all. A Culpepper who has been robbed of most of mobility, had some of the worst QB performances I've ever seen in the games he played before injury last year. No I'm not afraid of Daunte Culpepper.

He's not throwing 4700 yard and 38 TD's this year even though you might think so. The WR blame in Minnesota is pathetic. Culpepper was mis firing, making horrible decisions and getting picked every other play.

If BB has gotten in the minds of Peyton Manning and various elite QB's before, I'm sure he wont have a huge trouble getting inside Culpeppers.

Who said he lost most of his mobility? He's moving pretty well in camp. I'm more worried about his health, not his speed.

I understand BB is a great coach. The fact is the Dolphins were pretty close behind the Pats last year with the Gus Frerotte/Sage Rosenfels combo. You have to at least admit Culepper is a pretty decent upgrade over that. This team isn't going to win just because of Culpepper, he has a better team than he ever had in Minny.

I'll be suprised if he doesn't have a top 10 QB rating this season.

Yeah Mannings monster Passer Ratings have gotten him to the SB right? Culpeppers in 2004 got them to the SB right? It doesnt really matter how great your passer rating is. Culpepper like Manning is a choker in the playoffs.

Dolfan984 said:

DC couldn't do anything against Belichick's defense during his prime in 2002. Now he's a slow gimp, why should we be worried?

11/24/02 @ NE

NE 24
Minn 17

Culpepper:

49% completions, 4 sacks, 1 fumble

WorstTrollEver said:
DC couldn't do anything against Belichick's defense during his prime in 2002. Now he's a slow gimp, why should we be worried?

11/24/02 @ NE

NE 24
Minn 17

Culpepper:

49% completions, 4 sacks, 1 fumble

Dude, he is moving fine, he's not a slow gimp man. He is ahead of schedule and if you read any training camp reports, you'd know he hasn't lost most of his mobility dude. 2002 his prime? Didn't he get drafted in 1999? He's 29 man, he's in his prime. Culpepper has the best team and best coaching staff he's had in his entire career.

Here's the deal. The 2005 Dolphins went 9-7 with Gus. Is 2 more games that hard to conceive with a weaker schedule? Remember Gus completed about 51% of his passes last year, while Culpepper has the highest completion % in NFL history.

Dolfan984 said:
Dude, he is moving fine, he's not a slow gimp man. He is ahead of schedule and if you read any training camp reports, you'd know he hasn't lost most of his mobility dude. 2002 his prime? Didn't he get drafted in 1999? He's 29 man, he's in his prime. Culpepper has the best team and best coaching staff he's had in his entire career.

Here's the deal. The 2005 Dolphins went 9-7 with Gus. Is 2 more games that hard to conceive with a weaker schedule? Remember Gus completed about 51% of his passes last year, while Culpepper has the highest completion % in NFL history.
29 isnt necesarily his prime, he's almost 30. 2004 he was in his prime obviously, not many QB's get 4700 yards and 38 TD's I have to give Daunte that. But the next season he fell apart for no good reason. Then after lousy performances he got his knee screwed up.

Hey, Daunte is indeed better than any QB the Fins have had in a few years. Saban is the best coach you've had in a long time. The AFC East matchups with the Pats are going to be fun tough matches. Predicition? Pats win 1, Dolphins win 1. They both dominate their AFC East "others" and the rest relies on their schedule. Because honestly, I dont see the Fins or Pats beating 1 another twice in a year. Besides the fact that I'm a huge Patriots fan, all I know is the Pats have an incredibly easy schedule put aside, Denver and Indy. Bengals...their defense is junk, their coach is junk. I dont feel the need to worry a ton about them besides Palmer and Johnson. Then its some pretty bad NFC teams. Fins, I dont know the schedule you have but its harder than the Pats from what I hear. But hey if the Dolphins end up with the better record...the sweeter it will be?

Unlike some Fins fans here and some Pats fans at other forums...I will admit I dont see either team blowing out the other team in either divisional meeting, let alone going undefeated in the division. I have a feeling the Dolphins win in NE and the Pats win in Miami, sort of odd but we'll see.

ThePats said:
29 isnt necesarily his prime, he's almost 30. 2004 he was in his prime obviously, not many QB's get 4700 yards and 38 TD's I have to give Daunte that. But the next season he fell apart for no good reason. Then after lousy performances he got his knee screwed up.

Hey, Daunte is indeed better than any QB the Fins have had in a few years. Saban is the best coach you've had in a long time. The AFC East matchups with the Pats are going to be fun tough matches. Predicition? Pats win 1, Dolphins win 1. They both dominate their AFC East "others" and the rest relies on their schedule. Because honestly, I dont see the Fins or Pats beating 1 another twice in a year. Besides the fact that I'm a huge Patriots fan, all I know is the Pats have an incredibly easy schedule put aside, Denver and Indy. Bengals...their defense is junk, their coach is junk. I dont feel the need to worry a ton about them besides Palmer and Johnson. Then its some pretty bad NFC teams. Fins, I dont know the schedule you have but its harder than the Pats from what I hear. But hey if the Dolphins end up with the better record...the sweeter it will be?

Unlike some Fins fans here and some Pats fans at other forums...I will admit I dont see either team blowing out the other team in either divisional meeting, let alone going undefeated in the division. I have a feeling the Dolphins win in NE and the Pats win in Miami, sort of odd but we'll see.

IMO a QB's prime is around 30. He doesn't turn 30 until late January, so it's not like he turns 30 early in the season. I also believe they'll split, and believe me, Miami's schedule is the easiest it's been in a while. I think everyone knows the East is a two team race, I just think Miami has a lot better team than it did in 2005, while New England didn't upgrade that much (though they had a really good draft)

ThePats said:

AJ Feeley beat them :lol: .

Back
Top Bottom