**Official New England Patriots 06-07 Thread** | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**Official New England Patriots 06-07 Thread**

MKeveny said:
beat our JV team :rolleyes2 twice was it? 04 and 05?

04 you played your full squad. The Pats may have been looking past the game, but they did put on a pretty good lead at one point, and though your post says so, they did not play a bunch of backups. In 05 the Dolphins starters were beating the Pats starters while they were out there, so we'll never know what would've happened if they left them in there.

Dolfan984 said:
04 you played your full squad. The Pats may have been looking past the game, but they did put on a pretty good lead at one point, and though your post says so, they did not play a bunch of backups. In 05 the Dolphins starters were beating the Pats starters while they were out there, so we'll never know what would've happened if they left them in there.
The starters didnt last long in 2005. Brady threw an early pick, Dolphins scored. Brady comes back, TD to Branch, starters are then pulled.

2004, the Patriots were taking the Dolphins seriously. They had an 11 point lead then Brady threw a horrible interception. I dont think they were not trying, Brady made a bad play. Fins played a LOT better that night and shocked the champs. Congradulations you've won two of our last six meetings. Pats win against the Jets easy the next weak, make a shocking win 20-3 against the Colts, obliterate the Steelers and win the SB. The game was a minor choke, but we still won the SB again so I dont really give a damn about that game.

You can look back at two meaningless wins if you want. Maybe you want to be reminded of the other four the Patriots won.

What a circle jerk this thread is. Nobody is gonna say their team is not as good as the others, no matter if it's true or not. We'll just have to see in the season. At least theirs some football on tonight, preseason or not.

Yes... pre season game should be great just for the feeling that the NFL season has started again.

This thread seems like trash because the Dolphins fans quickly ruined it. As far as I recall this thread was FOR Patriots fans, not Dolphins fans smack talk. Thats for Depths of the Sea if I remember but they are allowed to continue anyways. The thread quickly turned into a joke.

ThePats said:
The starters didnt last long in 2005. Brady threw an early pick, Dolphins scored. Brady comes back, TD to Branch, starters are then pulled.

2004, the Patriots were taking the Dolphins seriously. They had an 11 point lead then Brady threw a horrible interception. I dont think they were not trying, Brady made a bad play. Fins played a LOT better that night and shocked the champs. Congradulations you've won two of our last six meetings. Pats win against the Jets easy the next weak, make a shocking win 20-3 against the Colts, obliterate the Steelers and win the SB. The game was a minor choke, but we still won the SB again so I dont really give a damn about that game.

You can look back at two meaningless wins if you want. Maybe you want to be reminded of the other four the Patriots won.

Did I say it mattered? I know the starters didn't last that long, but it still wasn't like the Pats were blowing out the Phins either at that point, the game and outcome was totally meaningless.

All my reply was for that was to the guy who said they played the Pats JV squad in the two wins. If Mare doesn't kick in the dirt twice in 03 the series is tied 3-3 in the last six, and who even cares about what happened 3 years ago?

The fact is the Dolphins always play Brady tough, and Miami has the best team it's had in a long long time.

ThePats said:
Yes... pre season game should be great just for the feeling that the NFL season has started again.

This thread seems like trash because the Dolphins fans quickly ruined it. As far as I recall this thread was FOR Patriots fans, not Dolphins fans smack talk. Thats for Depths of the Sea if I remember but they are allowed to continue anyways.

Dude, first off I haven't come in here with smack. I've been talking football the whole time man. Maybe you weren't referring to me but if you were I'd like to see where I'm just smacking your team.

Second off, this is a DOLPHINS board, if you don't want DOLPHINS fans in your Patriots thread, go to a Pats board man, or expect Dolphins fans to debate things that you have to say in this thread. Anyway you'll only get football talk from me, I try to backup my points. :)

ThePats said:

This thread seems like trash because the Dolphins fans quickly ruined it. As far as I recall this thread was FOR Patriots fans, not Dolphins fans smack talk. Thats for Depths of the Sea if I remember but they are allowed to continue anyways. The thread quickly turned into a joke.

I thought this thread was for all fans to discuss the NE Patriots, instead of having it spead out over this entire section. I don't consider it a joke and you shouldn't either just don't expect dolphin fans to agree with you all the time. They look for stats to make their team look like a contender and we have the rings. That right there is going to put a chip on their shoulder. :D Anyway time is closing in on what looks good on paper and soon it will be time to put these players on the playing field...Ah the days of reckoning are coming soon!

MR NFLFAN said:
I thought this thread was for all fans to discuss the NE Patriots, instead of having it spead out over this entire section. I don't consider it a joke and you shouldn't either just don't expect dolphin fans to agree with you all the time. They look for ststa to make their team look like a contender and we have the rings. That right there is going to put a chip on their shoulder. :D Anyway time is closing in on what looks good on paper and soon it will be to these payers on the playing field...Ah the days of reckoning are coming soon!
Aw what the heck, I wont pretend I came to this forum to argue with Dolphins fans...entertainment. If there were no Fin fans in this thread I'd be very upset. :(

MR NFLFAN said:
I thought this thread was for all fans to discuss the NE Patriots, instead of having it spead out over this entire section. I don't consider it a joke and you shouldn't either just don't expect dolphin fans to agree with you all the time. They look for stats to make their team look like a contender and we have the rings. That right there is going to put a chip on their shoulder. :D Anyway time is closing in on what looks good on paper and soon it will be time to put these players on the playing field...Ah the days of reckoning are coming soon!

I agree, we bring up stats, and you bring up your past rings. I'm just saying just because the Pats won the superbowl 2 years ago doesn't mean they're guaranteed to win the division. All I'm tryin to say is I believe this current Dolphin team is a lot better than they've had in a long time. If Culpepper stays healthy, they could be very dangerous.

Dolfan984 said:
I agree, we bring up stats, and you bring up your past rings. I'm just saying just because the Pats won the superbowl 2 years ago doesn't mean they're guaranteed to win the division. All I'm tryin to say is I believe this current Dolphin team is a lot better than they've had in a long time. If Culpepper stays healthy, they could be very dangerous.

Agreed but Its going to take more than Culpepper to get the job done. I mean to say he improves your chances over Gus but the team that wins the east will have to play well in all three phases of the game. We in NE look forward to the return of a few injuried KEY players coming back into the mix this season and a return to a dominant type of defensive play but we still think we'll improve over last season even before the wounded return. With Mangini,Saban and Belichick all in the same division look for this division to be played much like a chess match...I'm sure glad we have the original. :up:

MR NFLFAN said:
Agreed but Its going to take more than Culpepper to get the job done. I mean to say he improves your chances over Gus but the team that wins the east will have to play well in all three phases of the game. We in NE look forward to the return of a few injuried KEY players coming back into the mix this season and a return to a dominant type of defensive play but we still think we'll improve over last season even before the wounded return. With Mangini,Saban and Belichick all in the same division look for this division to be played much like a chess match...I'm sure glad we have the original. :up:

I agree, but the Dolphins have a pretty underrated O-line, an very talented up and coming RB, a solid fullback, good receivers including a probowler (with Gus mind you) a good tight end. Miami's defense should be better this year, with a year under the system, and an upgrade to the secondary, and a very good special teams unit with Welker/Campbell/Mare/Jones. I believe Jones was 2nd in the AFC in net punt yard average.

Culpepper and Harrison have the same injury. The only thing is that a quarterback relies on his knees a lot less than a defensive back, but Culpepper is moving really well for having had surgery about 9 1/2 months ago, so I imagine Harrison can't be too far behind if at all behind. Any myth about Culpepper losing his mobility should look at Harrison and his supposed return as well.

ThePats said:
How kind...a Pats thread. How many Pats fans are here anyways? I assume most of the Pats trolls got banned...lol. We somehow find a rivals forum and try to tell the other how bad their teams are. Like Aqua4Ever...you know where you go Aqua :D

I'm glad I'm being recognized where I'm not even present. :D But I will welcome you to this site unlike you guys do at yours. Whenever I post in the interleague forum there, I get thousands of people telling me to get off that forum and go to my own teams forum. LOL, even though it's for opposing teams. Plus it's just too hard to argue with most Pats fans because most think that the Pats are the only team in all of football.

Anyway, welcome to Finheaven. It's the best fan forum there is!

DolphinDevil28 said:
Wrong-o, pal.

Randy McMichael had a CRITICAL fumble at the end of the first half that prevented us from going up 14-3 before halftime.
We were driving beautifully, and would have at least made it 10-3 at half.

Instead, he turned the ball over and we led 7-3. That allowed you to make your comeback in the 2nd half.

Also, you say Heath Evans was your running back.

Gus Frerotte was our QB. Now we have a healthy Daunte Culpepper. You do the math.

You guys are going to be surprised this year at how much we've closed the gap.

Our team is NEVER "not" hungry for a game anymore. This ain't the Wanny era my friend.

Actully Devil, had McMike not fumbled that ball and we did go on to score, the Pats may hav not scored that late field goal which would've made it 14-0 or 10-0. That fumble literally was the game.

August 8th, 2006
Bad Break for Bruschi
Posted by Albert Breer at 11:50 pm
LB Tedy Bruschi has, indeed, broken a bone in his wrist, the team confirmed late Tuesday night.
It was reported in the Herald last week that the bone in question was the scaphoid, a small peanut-sized bone in the wrist. If it is and the team didn’t confirm it was last night  then surgery would be required and Bruschi would probably be sidelined for at least six weeks.
What’s certain is that he’ll miss the entire preseason.

Back
Top Bottom