*** OFFICIAL NEW YORK GIANTS @ MIAMI DOLPHINS GAME THREAD *** Week 14 Monday Night | Page 97 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** OFFICIAL NEW YORK GIANTS @ MIAMI DOLPHINS GAME THREAD *** Week 14 Monday Night

I can't blame Tanny as a person for his lack of clutch personality traits. I myself am not good at thinking on my feet. So I have a job that allows deliberate decision making. Unfortunately, a professional quarterback needs to have that split second instinct. Tanny would be okay in an operating room with a few other doctors around to bounce questions off of before making the big incision. But not on the football field facing a lb all out blitz on third and long trailing by a touchdown. Marino wasn't a genius by any means, but he had more instinct in his pinky finger than Tanny could ever hope for.

you really don't waste your posts on here, do you?

another pure gem of a post by you

Alex Smith makes more back breaking plays with his feet in a quarter than Tanny makes in a month. Alex frickin Smith. He can't even throw a ball 20 yards, but is unbelievably savvy.

I would agree. Thy play calling was better, but a little too heavy on the pass side. We should have run more.....but still better for Taylor's 2nd game.

I also thought RT showed good improvement as well. You have to ignore the extreme posts on this site on both sides of the RT issue, but if you look at the details, you can see more comfort by RT in this style of offense.

For the first time I thought I saw a glimpse of pocket presence as well...the more I watched this game to more angry I got at Lazor...what an absolute waste that guy was.

On the defense...I honestly have no idea how they got so bad so fast. It was like a light switch went off last year with a few games remaining and they just started sucking super bad. Suh coming in didnt change anything this year. What happened?

Dolphins fans haven' seen a good team in 7 years and that was a team that lucked out playing a weak schedule with the best player on their main competition being out for most of the season. The Dolphins haven't won a playoff gave in almost 15 years. Dolphins fans have all the right to be disappointed in the garbage team that we have watched this season. 0-5 and most likely will be 0-6 in their division.Myself and I am sure many other fans are sick and tired of this crap.

Believe me I get it. I been around this team for 50 years, but it's very non productive to trash everything Dolphin. Tannehill was good tonight. He ran the ball and took some tough hits, but HE wasn't the problem. There are a ton of problems but he's not even near the top of the list. I'm a positive person and I choose to look for the good.

This team lacks discipline. Too many dumb penalties.

Also, whenever our Dline fails to create pressure, our defense just folds entirely. That was the case today. Eli had all the time in the world to destroy us.

My MVPs in tonight's loss: Miller (should've had more carries), Darr, and Tannehill (I know, unpopular opinion).

I agree with those three as MVP's. Darr was amazing...basically placed the ball inside the 5 three straight times...wow. The Giants changed something up because Miller seemed contained in the second half.

For the first time I thought I saw a glimpse of pocket presence as well...the more I watched this game to more angry I got at Lazor...what an absolute waste that guy was.

On the defense...I honestly have no idea how they got so bad so fast. It was like a light switch went off last year with a few games remaining and they just started sucking super bad. Suh coming in didnt change anything this year. What happened?

Tannehill has the necessary skills, but Lazor's offense has hindered his development. I think we will continue to see improvement through the end of the season.

Our defense is horrid, especially on the back end. We are so bad at CB and safety, I don't think you keep anyone but Jones back there for next year. And we need major upgrades at linebacker as well.

"eli puts the game away" is translated to smart talk as "the dolphins D was terrible, but i'm going to pretend the QB is god among men"

Yes. The Giants franchise quarterback put the game away and miamis mediocre quarterback folded under pressure for the 50th time

The more and more I look at the box score and see the highlights, I am getting more and more pissed. The lack of getting the ball to Lamar Miller is INEXCUSABLE.

****ing BS.

Yes. The Giants franchise quarterback put the game away and miamis mediocre quarterback folded under pressure for the 50th time

You are trying way too hard....

---------- Post added at 12:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 AM ----------

The more and more I look at the box score and see the highlights, I am getting more and more pissed. The lack of getting the ball to Lamar Miller is INEXCUSABLE.

****ing BS.

Hard to fathom, isn't it......

Dolphins secondary has to be the worst in the league. And continuing to play off the ball like they have been for years, never works and never will. The entire secondary (besides Jones) needs to be completely overhauled in the off season.

I do not understand why Miller is not getting the ball more. It makes no sense. The guy scores 2 TD's in the first half, and gets phased out of the game in the 2nd half. Mind boggling. Resigning Miller has to be a top priority in the off season.

Tannehill had an ok game. The audible for the TD pass, is exactly what I have been waiting to see! Great call, great throw. Liked the fact he did not turn the ball over.

The Problem with Tannehill, as seen tonight, he always falters in the 4th quarter. He is simply not good enough to take over a game when the defense is giving up points. He is not a clutch quarterback, and can not get it done in the 4th quarter. On the 3rd and 11 play, he could of easily ran for the 1st down. He has to make the smart play in key situations like that.

But our D didn't fold at all.

No, wait, RT made a bad play on that long ODB td... you're right, its all his fault

****ing BS.

Miami went Desperation mode even though they didn't have to. Completely abandoned the run.

And I understand people saying they continually blitzed. Even more reason to run the ball. Miller's first TD? Directly at a safety blitz.

And as I wake up, Mike Greenberg is there is to **** on the Fins. I hate that little ****er. And THIS IS WHY the Fins needed to win. I am so ****ing tired of being a punchline locally and nationally.

Despacio, not only was Tannehill put in that position but the o-line picks that time to forget how to pass block. It's in the 4th quarter of every game.

From August 3:

“If you just look at our sales and how the fans are responding to that and the excitement,” Ross said, “I think the Heat is a different organization now that LeBron James isn’t there. I think the Dolphins are a team that’s kind of capturing the imagination over the whole entire fan base here in South Florida.”

:lol2:

Back
Top Bottom