*** Official Nfl Draft Thread *** Rounds 4-7 | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Official Nfl Draft Thread *** Rounds 4-7

3 very young defensive tackles is a good thing
but 3 defensive tackles with limited snap counts
is not. Who's going to handle all the double teams Suh
did last season? Whose the run stopper to shield our
undersized linebackers?

Maybe after the draft but as it stands
we might have problems with these defensive tackles in the run game

It is frustrating... I agree we have a problem here and I think we still have not completely addressed LB. Having said that I think there were too many things to fix in this draft and I don't think we can fix them all in this draft.

I would have prioritized DL and LB over the TE position but it looks like they did fix that. I will concede that I'm just a fan and the coaches and FO are probably more qualified than I am to decide which to fix first. Overall, I think we had a good draft.

watched Ballage's highlights, looks like a 2nd round pick to me. Frank Gore will only play one year (maybe 2) so Ballage will split carries with Drake no doubt.
I read up on him in the only positives are speed and hands. Lacks Vision, dances in the backfield doesn't break tackles and hasn't made a whole lot of big yardage in games. Seems like a poor pic to me but again I'm not real familiar with him just what I read.

3 very young defensive tackles is a good thing
but 3 defensive tackles with limited snap counts
is not. Who's going to handle all the double teams Suh
did last season? Whose the run stopper to shield our
undersized linebackers?

Maybe after the draft but as it stands
we might have problems with these defensive tackles in the run game

I used to worry about this too, but we have to realize that our scheme doesn’t place an emphasis on space eaters at DT. We’re not playing that type of 4-3 where the emphasis is on keeping the LBs clean.

I read up on him in the only positives are speed and hands. Lacks Vision, dances in the backfield doesn't break tackles and hasn't made a whole lot of big yardage in games. Seems like a poor pic to me but again I'm not real familiar with him just what I read.

I thought the same thing. Someone else mentioned him here the other day, and I freely admitted I hadn't researched him. I went and did so...there are some plays that made me understand why someone (like us) would pick him for the potential upside. At his best, he looks like a monster. The problem is that he's inconsistent.

Could still sign Hankins, Branch, Pea, Upshaw or one of the other free agents still on the market. Not to mention others will likely be available between now and the start of the season.

I hear you but the thing is I think the FO thinks they are set - and that has me very concerned, like the OL in the past.

watched Ballage's highlights, looks like a 2nd round pick to me. Frank Gore will only play one year (maybe 2) so Ballage will split carries with Drake no doubt.

Highlight tapes probably do look good....physically talented kid and makes some nice plays. Take a look at a few full game cut-ups though to see if you think the same or if you're opinion is a bit different on his consistency, power, vision, ability to cut in holes at speed and ability to break tackles.

wow, Falk and White are both still there. They will probably be gone before we pick again tho

Back
Top Bottom