*Official NHL Offseason Thread* | Page 28 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*Official NHL Offseason Thread*

figures...i finally get a tyutin jersey and hes involved in trade rumors....sigh...this is why i only buy retired player jerseys

Slappy8800 said:
figures...i finally get a tyutin jersey and hes involved in trade rumors....sigh...this is why i only buy retired player jerseys
I would'nt worry too much Slappy...Naslund is'nt getting traded so unless the Rangers are talking to other teams about trading Tyutin, he will be staying in New York.

On another note, I'm with you on the "getting a jersey and the guy gets traded" thing.

I bought an authentic Craig Janney home sweater and he got traded less then a month later. I bought an authentic Joe Juneau road sweater and he was traded 3 months later. I bought an authentic Adam Oates home sweater and he was traded 2 months later...it sucks.

It's one of the reasons I never bought a Joe Thornton sweater.

My next Bruins sweater purchase is a throwback Bobby Orr....guarenteed to never be out of style...LOL.

unifiedtheory said:
#1 Try spelling Hannu's name correctly

#2 Numbers and FACTS disagree with you.

Hannu is 22 years old and widely thought of a future franchise goaltender. Esche is what he is...a scrub.

Just like the other Boston Goalies 1year wonders!!

here we go!!

Blaine LAcher!!
John Blue
Andrew Raycroft
Jim Carey
Byron DAfoe
John Grahame
MArco BAron!!!!

How bout em UNI!!! LMAO

Add HAnnu Toivennen and Tim thomas while your at it

Enjoy

dominizzo said:

here we go!!

Blaine LAcher!!
John Blue
Andrew Raycroft
Jim Carey
Byron DAfoe
John Grahame
MArco BAron!!!!

How bout em UNI!!! LMAO

Enjoy

You straighten him out Dominizzo!!!!! :wink:

unifiedtheory said:
:sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol: @ Flyers fan casting stones at another teams goaltending.

Lets compare shall we...

Boston Bruins goaltending:

Hannu Toivonen (a 22 year old rookie):
2.63 GAA. and a .914 Save %
Tim Thomas:
2.73 GAA. and a .918 Save %

Add the fact that they have a the best goaltending prospect in the World not currently in the NHL, 19 year old Fin, Tuukka Rask. They also have another decent prospect in Providence named Jordan Sigalet.

Phiadelphia Flyers goaltending:

Antero Niittymaki:
2.97 GAA. and a .895 Save %
Robert Esche:
2.97 GAA, and a .897 Save %

Add to that well...nothing. As usual Bob Clarke has chosen to ignore the goaltending position. The only prospects worth mentioning are Rejean Beauchemin and Martin Houle but neither will be anywhere close to making the Flyers roster this year.

The Bruins goalies last year were playing behind a team that was pretty bad in it's own zone and had up to 4 rookies on defense at times because of inuries...and STILL put up better numbers then the Flyers tandem.

If the Bruins have no goalie then what the hell do the Flyers have?

:lol:

Unified bringing the stats... excellent post there.

Also something to note, the Bruins defense was beyond bad last year. I think you might be underestimating how much of a negative effect it had on the goaltending.

lmao a flyers fan laughing at another team's goalie situation....oh man thats too funny

dominizzo said:

here we go!!

Blaine LAcher!!
John Blue
Andrew Raycroft
Jim Carey
Byron DAfoe
John Grahame
MArco BAron!!!!

How bout em UNI!!! LMAO

Enjoy
Well, here we go...

Blaine Lacher: Lacher was never a highly thought of prospect. In fact he was such a hot commodity that he went undrafted. The Bruins, so desperate for goaltending threw him into the fire and things worked well....for a short time.

The "Lach-ness" monster was actually excellent during his rookie year, appearing in 35 games in the strike year. He then proceeded to TOTALLY crap the bed in the playoffs.

The Bruins were so high on him that they acquired a VERY old Bill Ranford the following year, Lacher went to the minors and 2 years later was out of hockey.

What did I discover? He was never thought of as the "goalie of the future" or anything else. He was a flash in the pan. you got one right....and that is the LAST one.

John Blue: John was never thought as anything more then a backup. He was drafted 197th overall (by the Jets). It took him 9 years to make the NHL and never appeared in more then 23 games as a Boston Bruin.

What did I discover? You actually have to accompolish something before you get called a one year wonder.

Andrew Raycroft
: Andrew was a 5th round pick. After three years of bouncing between the minors and the NHL Andrew finally got his chance in 03/04 and was brilliant. He won the Calder (rookie of the year) and put up GREAT numbers.

All that being said, the Bruins thought so highly of him that they screwed him around when it came time for a contract and he got hurt in camp. He had a poor 05/06 season.

The Leafs were high enough on him that they gave up the #1 goalie prospect not currently in the NHL for him though...

What did I discover? Raycroft is highly thought of around the league but was never the goalie of the future in Boston.

Jim Carey: Well, too bad we were'nt talking about "one year wonders" for the Washington Capitals because that is where Carey was great. He won rookie of the year and the Vezina in a 2 season span.

He was TERRIBLE when he came to Boston.

What did I discover? Again, you have to do something in a year to be considered a one year wonder.

Byron Dafoe: Well, the Bruins got him from the Kings for a song.

In five seasons as the Bruins starter he averaged:
  • 57 starts
  • 27 wins
  • 2.36 G.A.A.
  • .908 Save Pct.
What did I discover? When you call someone a "one year wonder" try looking to see what they have done before you do it. The guy was actually a pretty damn good goaltender for 5 seasons....that is more then one year.

John Grahame: Drafted in the 9th round (229th overall) and never made more then 24 starts for the Bruins.

What did I discover? See John Blue and Jim Carey

Marco Baron: Well, I don't remember the guy at all and I found out why when I did a little research. He played 44 games for the B's in 81/82. He was drafted 99th overall in 1979.

What did I discover? See John Grahame, John Blue and Jim Carey.

Hell the Bruins have had a TON of scrubs between the pipes since the days of Pete Peeters/Rejean Lemelin/Andy Moog. I'm pretty sure every other team has had a guy that has played lights out for a few months and faded away...goaltenders are famous for this.

Of ALL those guys you listed as "one year wonders" only Blaine Lacher fits the mold. Raycroft might yet turn into one BUT he is no longer Bruins property...he's the Leafs problem now.

AND....none of those guys had the pedigree that Hannu Toivonen does. He's 22 years old, was drafted in the first round and has been thought of as the "future" in net for the Bruns for 3 years. They have been bringing him up very slowly and next year (barring injury) it's his team. He gets 50-55 starts.

Who knows...he might turn out to be nothing. Even if he does turn into nothing he is still not considered a "one year wonder" because he has yet to do anything substantial.

You brought a laughable one liner to the party and I brought facts.

You said the Bruins had no goaltending and I brought facts that their goaltending was actually better then the Flyers.

Don't get into a pissing contest with me about hockey...I'll win 99 times out of 100.

dominizzo said:
Leafs Sign Mike Peca 1yr Deal!!!
DDay is a happy man

not quite official yet...

The Toronto Maple Leafs had a tentative deal in place with centre Michael Peca after meeting with the unrestricted free agent and his camp Monday, a source told The Canadian Press.
An official announcement was expected Tuesday with Peca, an unrestricted free agent, agreeing to a $2.5-million US, one-year deal. The Leafs and Peca have been courting each other for well over a week with both camps agreeing Toronto is a good fit for the 11-year NHL centre.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Toronto/2006/07/17/1689403-cp.html

but yes d-day is happy :wink:

peca > lindros, allison

Back
Top Bottom