*Official NHL Offseason Thread* | Page 27 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*Official NHL Offseason Thread*

FaninPatsyLand said:
I can't believe Samsonov is a Canadien, I despise that friggen team.

I liked Sammy when he was a Bruin, but not anymore after crossing over to the darkside. He's an injury prone guy, not the type of player you can count on throughout an entire NHL season.

Samsonov never lived to his hype in Boston, he was fun to watch in his rookie year but after that he became injury prone, too fast too small.

dominizzo said:
Montreal is a better team than Boston IMO
Three months ago I would have agreed....not so much now.

The Bruins I look at now are a LOTTTTTTTTTTTT better. When the season ended I had zero hope for this upcoming season. All I could hang my hat on was the fact that they had some good youngsters coming up through the organization.

After free agency, I expect a playoff berth now...

The defense of Chara, Brad Stuart, Paul Mara, Mark Stuart, Milan Jurcina, Matt Lashoff and Andy Alberts is a great mix of young up and comers, young veterans and, arguably, the best defenseman in the World.

The Bruins have a top 5 defense in my opinion.

The forwards, while a little thin, have a good mixture.

The 1st line (Bergeron, Sturm, Boyes) is very young, fast and explosive. They can play with anyone.

The 2nd line looks like it could be alright. If Marc Savard can get Glen Murray to start scoring again they'll be fine. I don't expect a 90+ point season from Savard but 70 points will be fine if that means Murray scores 35+ goals.

The rest of the forwards are a decent mix of youth (Kolus, Stastny) and grit (Axelsson, Donovan, Primeau). I don't know where Alex Zhamnov fits in that picture. He might end up playing some wing with Murray and Savard if the B's can't pick up another skilled winger.

All the additions (Savard and Chara especially) will help the Bruins powerplay without a doubt. With how many penalties are called in the "new" NHL you have to do better then 25th in the NHL on the PP to be a playoff team.

Add to the improvements at forward the fact that Hannu Toivonen will only get better between the pipes and I think the Bruins might have found something...

I see the Habs and the B's as roughly the same type of team. Playoff contenders but not ready to push into the top 5 in the East.

If the Bruins first line scores, they get production from the 2nd line, the young defenseman continue to develop and the goaltending tandem of Thomas and Toivonen plays up to last years standard this is a playoff team.

Rumour has it that MArkus NAslund is not happy in VAnc!! The Rangers are interested in him i heard on Siriuis radio!!

Rangers are ready to deal

Fedor Tyutin
1st RDer

dominizzo said:
Rumour has it that MArkus NAslund is not happy in VAnc!! The Rangers are interested in him i heard on Siriuis radio!!

Fedor Tyutin
1st RDer

The Rangers would have to give up more than that, Tyutin has good potential but he was very shaky in the 2nd half and the playoffs.

Throw in Jarkko Immonen and you might have a deal.

BTW, I'm an Administrator for a great hockey message board if any of you would like to check it out, the link is in my signature below.

dominizzo said:
Boston= No goalie
:sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol: @ Flyers fan casting stones at another teams goaltending.

Lets compare shall we...

Boston Bruins goaltending:

Hannu Toivonen (a 22 year old rookie):
2.63 GAA. and a .914 Save %
Tim Thomas:
2.73 GAA. and a .918 Save %

Add the fact that they have a the best goaltending prospect in the World not currently in the NHL, 19 year old Fin, Tuukka Rask. They also have another decent prospect in Providence named Jordan Sigalet.

Phiadelphia Flyers goaltending:

Antero Niittymaki:
2.97 GAA. and a .895 Save %
Robert Esche:
2.97 GAA, and a .897 Save %

Add to that well...nothing. As usual Bob Clarke has chosen to ignore the goaltending position. The only prospects worth mentioning are Rejean Beauchemin and Martin Houle but neither will be anywhere close to making the Flyers roster this year.

The Bruins goalies last year were playing behind a team that was pretty bad in it's own zone and had up to 4 rookies on defense at times because of inuries...and STILL put up better numbers then the Flyers tandem.

If the Bruins have no goalie then what the hell do the Flyers have?

dominizzo said:

Fedor Tyutin
1st RDer
Nazzy has said NOTHING about being "unhappy" in Vancouver. Believe me, in this market that would have been front page on every newspaper in this city for a week.

He was interviewed on TEAM 1040 (the local, all sports radio station) and he is excited about playing this year. He admitted he was disappointed about Todd Bertuzzi getting traded (they are best friends) but he understands it is the business.

Fedor Tyutin is a good prospect but, to get arguabley the best pure goal scoring left winger in the NHL (Nazzy's averaged 37 goals and 80 points a season for the last 7 years, 6 of those years were during the dead puck era) your'e gonna have to cough up a hell of a lot more then a Tyutin and a pick.

Not gonna happen.

Nick is God said:
The Rangers would have to give up more than that, Tyutin has good potential but he was very shaky in the 2nd half and the playoffs.

BTW, I'm an Administrator for a great hockey message board if any of you would like to check it out, the link is in my signature below.

If it was any other team I'd say yes, Immonen, Tyutin and a first rounder would get it done.

Not in Vancouver though. Everyone in this city knows this team is gonna have MAJOR issues scoring this season.

Trade the only pure goal scorer, and the captain for a couple of good prospects and draft pick?

Dave Nonis would get hung up by his feet at center ice if that happened.

Nick is God said:

That's a nice board man....I think I'll join up.

Thanks!

unifiedtheory said:
That's a nice board man....I think I'll join up.

Thanks!

Cool, and we have quite a few hockey people among the 25,000+ members including Bob McKenzie who posts regularly on the board. Even Eklund's a member, he drives us nuts!

And see if you can figure out who I am, I am a Devils fan and there are only five administrators on the board and if you look at my user name here, it shouldn't be all that hard.

dominizzo said:
ILL Join!!

Esche better than Thomas and Toiveenen

#1 Try spelling Hannu's name correctly

#2 Numbers and FACTS disagree with you.

Hannu is 22 years old and widely thought of a future franchise goaltender. Esche is what he is...a scrub.

Back
Top Bottom