**Official NHL Playoff Thread 2007** | Page 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**Official NHL Playoff Thread 2007**

Last time we talked (typed) you stated the Jets would not come back. What has changed your tune??? I hope it happens
I did not think there was political will or the money to make it happen but everytime I listen to one of the people on the insdie they say the 'Peg has the ear of Bettman and they have big money people doing the talking.

I'd LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE to see the Jets return. The more Canadian teams the better.

I did not think there was political will or the money to make it happen but everytime I listen to one of the people on the insdie they say the 'Peg has the ear of Bettman and they have big money people doing the talking.

I'd LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE to see the Jets return. The more Canadian teams the better.

But doesn't the new stadium in Winnipeg have too few seats, with no room to expand? That's what one of the guys on local radio here said. If that's true, I don't see NHL hockey in Winnipeg any time soon. No way the build another new arena.......is there?

I think Balsillie will leverage to try and get the "G" to throw in the money but if push comes to shove he'll just build the rink on his own.

I love it when I'm told by sports radio talking heads "who I should support"...the Vancouver guys have said the same thing a few times this week.

I want the Cup back in Canada. It's been a LONG time. Sure the Ducks have more Canadian players but at least if Ottawa wins somepone will CARE about it. Outside of the 20,000 Duck fans in the Anaheim area the rest of the people won't care.

I'd like to see all those guys you listed get a Cup, accept Selanne. After watching him try out for the Finnish diving team in the second round against the Canucks I've lost everry ounce of respect I had for the guy. The guy has great balance and is a WORLD class skater yet a gust of wind was knocking him off the puck. I know a lot of the league is like that with the enforcement of the rules now. No one fights through checks anymore, they get touched, fall down and look for a call...sickening.

Ducks in 6 is my call IF they stay out of the penalty box. If they take a ****load of penalties like they did against the Wings the Sens powerplay will destroy them...

I say Sens in 6. The Senators have been the better team in every game they played this post season. I see no reason why that changes now. This is a team of destiny.
Read this article. It's sad and will probably put a tear in your eye.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNe...1/elgin_fraser_070521/20070521?hub=TopStories

Sen's in 7,down to the wire.Home ice & depth will win this.(IMO) And I can't see the Pred's moving to Hamilton,too many penalties( Leafs/Sabres ) and Copp's as an NHL rink is a joke!

But doesn't the new stadium in Winnipeg have too few seats, with no room to expand? That's what one of the guys on local radio here said. If that's true, I don't see NHL hockey in Winnipeg any time soon. No way the build another new arena.......is there?

I read somewhere (trying to find the link) that Winnipeg's arena was built with expansion in mind. they built in the ability to add more luxery suites as well. It holds a little over 15,000 for hockey as it is currently configured and that is pretty close to NHL numbers.

Hell, the Preds, Coyotes, Panthers, 'Canes and Thrashers don't average 15,000 per game for hockey as it is and you know the Jets would sell out every night.

I read somewhere (trying to find the link) that Winnipeg's arena was built with expansion in mind. they built in the ability to add more luxery suites as well. It holds a little over 15,000 for hockey as it is currently configured and that is pretty close to NHL numbers.

Hell, the Preds, Coyotes, Panthers, 'Canes and Thrashers don't average 15,000 per game for hockey as it is and you know the Jets would sell out every night.

If they have the ability to add suites that will help. But I gotta think you need more than 15,000 seats. But I would love to see the NHL return to Winnipeg. And Quebec City for that matter.

rumor has it flyers to sign Vanek to an offer sheet
recchi and roberts got offers from the pens

I'd be willing to bet 90 percent of America didn't know the Stanley Cup Finals had:

a) Begun tonight
b) Were taking place at all
c) The Ducks and Sens competing

Another brilliant move by the NHL marketing their game. Having a week off since Hockey was last played, making us all forget about the finals, and not doing anything to promote it at all.

I'd be willing to bet 90 percent of America didn't know the Stanley Cup Finals had:

a) Begun tonight
b) Were taking place at all
c) The Ducks and Sens competing

Another brilliant move by the NHL marketing their game. Having a week off since Hockey was last played, making us all forget about the finals, and not doing anything to promote it at all.

90% of america is too drun kto care that a hockey game is on tonight

It just angers me that the sport is so lifeless when i love it so much.....Management over the last 15 years has KILLED this sport.

Back
Top Bottom