**Official NHL Playoff Thread 2007** | Page 23 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**Official NHL Playoff Thread 2007**

I'd be willing to bet 90 percent of America didn't know the Stanley Cup Finals had:

a) Begun tonight
b) Were taking place at all
c) The Ducks and Sens competing

Another brilliant move by the NHL marketing their game. Having a week off since Hockey was last played, making us all forget about the finals, and not doing anything to promote it at all.

Typical Gary Bettman. If he had a brain in his head the Finals would have started this past Saturday NIGHT. It would have gone Saturday, Monday, Thursday, Saturday, Monday, Wednesday, Friday.

He's an idiot. A week off is ridiculous. 2-3 days would have been just fine. there is no way in hell, in my opinion, there should be hockey in June.

Bettman is ruining the sport but making owners happy at the same time!

Man I love the Niedermayer-Pahlsson-Moen line. Pronger, Nidermayer and Beauchemin are also a joy to watch for us fans of defensively deprived hockey teams.

Completely agreed, there should be no hockey in June. Cut it back to 70 games and have the playoffs finish (at the latest) in the beginning of May.

Cut down on the number of teams, I wouldn't be against closing shop in 10 cities, reducing the number from 32 to 22. You'd have a lot more talent and the game would be better for it, instead of teams playing more and more with 3 lines and 4 defensemen.

Also, bring back the Jets, the Whalers and the glowing puck.

Finally, stop the nonsense with my Leafs playing 8 games per year against the Habs, Bruins and Sens, it's ridiculous and boring.

Man I love the Niedermayer-Pahlsson-Moen line. Pronger, Nidermayer and Beauchemin are also a joy to watch for us fans of defensively deprived hockey teams.

Completely agreed, there should be no hockey in June. Cut it back to 70 games and have the playoffs finish (at the latest) in the beginning of May.

Cut down on the number of teams, I wouldn't be against closing shop in 10 cities, reducing the number from 32 to 22. You'd have a lot more talent and the game would be better for it, instead of teams playing more and more with 3 lines and 4 defensemen.

Also, bring back the Jets, the Whalers and the glowing puck.

Finally, stop the nonsense with my Leafs playing 8 games per year against the Habs, Bruins and Sens, it's ridiculous and boring.

Beauchemin is SUPER underrated.

If the Ducks win the Cup am I alone in thinking that Samual Pahlsson should get serious Conn Smythe consideration? He gets my vote.

rumored new stars jerseys

clear.gif

Pronger is CHEAP. How could that not be a penalty? Wait, the official was probably looking for a hook or a hold. NHL officials are terrible.

I like that "white" Stars sweater but that dark one is bleh.

That was bush league. Pronger is a p***y. I wouldn't be surprised if gets nothing for it. Although he should get 2 games as a repeat offender.
I think McGratton should take McAmmond's spot in the line-up Monday night. Then we will see what king of a man Chris Pronger is.

That was bush league. Pronger is a p***y. I wouldn't be surprised if gets nothing for it. Although he should get 2 games as a repeat offender.
I think McGratton should take McAmmond's spot in the line-up Monday night. Then we will see what king of a man Chris Pronger is.

The most disturbing part is that it WAS'NT a penalty! I know Devorski is a horse **** official but O'Halloran is usually on it.

Pronger is CHEAP. How could that not be a penalty? Wait, the official was probably looking for a hook or a hold. NHL officials are terrible.

I like that "white" Stars sweater but that dark one is bleh.

I think he got them back for that Alfredsson goal. He clearly sees the puck coming and turns his skate before it hits him. What a farce.

I think he got them back for that Alfredsson goal. He clearly sees the puck coming and turns his skate before it hits him. What a farce.
He did turn his skate to direct the puck but he did not kick the puck.

I think the NHL has to address this issue in the offseason to clarify the rule because in some instances being able to tell whether it was a kick or a redirect is all a judgement call.

I think they should just say, "you can do anything you want with your feet to get the puck in the net" OR "if you touch the puck with your skate on purpose, whether it is a kick or a redirect it is NO goal".

I'd go with "you can not try to redirect the puck with your feet". Having guys trying to kick the puck is VERY dangerous. If you're standing in front of the net and the puck hits your skate and goes in it's a goal but if you move your foot to direct it it's no goal...just like the old days...LOL!

He did turn his skate to direct the puck but he did not kick the puck.

I think the NHL has to address this issue in the offseason to clarify the rule because in some instances being able to tell whether it was a kick or a redirect is all a judgement call.

I think they should just say, "you can do anything you want with your feet to get the puck in the net" OR "if you touch the puck with your skate on purpose, whether it is a kick or a redirect it is NO goal".

I'd go with "you can not try to redirect the puck with your feet". Having guys trying to kick the puck is VERY dangerous. If you're standing in front of the net and the puck hits your skate and goes in it's a goal but if you move your foot to direct it it's no goal...just like the old days...LOL!

I agree the NHL needs to make the rule a lot clearer.

In the Alfredsson case, even though he doesn't kick the puck, he sees the puck coming and turns his skate accordingly. The intention is there. As a result, I don't see why hand passes (redirecting it with your hand basically), high sticks and other parts of your body could not be used to put the puck in the net.

Back
Top Bottom