**Official NHL Playoff Thread 2007** | Page 24 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**Official NHL Playoff Thread 2007**

I agree that he should have gotten 2 games. He's a repeat offender. Hell, he's a repeat offender in THESE playoffs.

And the thing is, the NHL always says they will be tough on repeat offenders. He just got a game for an elbow to head 2 weeks ago. If THAT is not the definition of repeat offender, I don't know what is.

It's because it's the playoffs. If these exact series of events happened in November or January, we'd be sitting here talking about Pronger being suspended for 5 games. Maybe more. But as usual in the NHL, rules change in the playoffs.

And the thing is, the NHL always says they will be tough on repeat offenders. He just got a game for an elbow to head 2 weeks ago. If THAT is not the definition of repeat offender, I don't know what is.

It's because it's the playoffs. If these exact series of events happened in November or January, we'd be sitting here talking about Pronger being suspended for 5 games. Maybe more. But as usual in the NHL, rules change in the playoffs.
I support shorter suspensions in the playoffs because it is different then the regular season but in this case I think they should have brought the hammer down. Giving him 4 games would have sent a CLEAR message.

The NHL's system of disipline is a farce anyway. They don't have the stones to give anyone REAL suspensions even during the regular season.

Shots to the head have to stop in my opinion. I'm not trying to legistlate the physical aspect out of the game but I would like to see hits to the head stop. You can play tough, physical hockey without elbowing someone in the head.

They should bring in a system for hits to the head. Your first one gets you a game. Your second gets you 5 games, third gets you 20 and so on...

Taking the game and their pay away is the only way to get the message through to these guys.

Hit on Tucks, mocking Sundin and now this. You never, ever do that, especially not to someone such as Scott Niedermayer, captain and leader of the Mighty Ducks. At this point it doesn't matter if he gets suspended or not, he's already gotten enough negative attention because of it. I'd be ashamed to have him as my captain, especially with a guy like Mike Fisher on my team.

He had a dirty hit on Tallinder that didn't get called vs Buffalo too.

Scumbag.

He's Swedish! to him that's contact,cheap shots,hits from behind,face wash....He'll get his.

He's Swedish! to him that's contact,cheap shots,hits from behind,face wash....He'll get his.

Calling him "cheap" because of his nationality is a little to generalistic don't you think?

Is Nik Lidstrom like that? Mats Sundin? Markus Naslund? Hell, Peter Forberg is one of the most physical guys I've ever seen...

Back
Top Bottom