Official Schedule!!! | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Schedule!!!

Where should you stay when going to the game ? How do people get there if drinking and don’t want to drive

I live in the area so have never had to get a room in the area. Sorry not much help. If you get a room in the downtown area you can get a short ride to stadium and back thru shuttles or Uber.

Only part of that schedule I think is brutal, is the back-to-back west coast games, followed directly with an away at Buffalo...aside from that, regular NFL schedule.

And we've done better in the past few years on the west coast, so not worried, just hate all that travel for the guys in such a short time.

LOL MID 70s!? It's more likely to snow in Miami for the opener honestly.

But, seriously unseasonably warm would be mid-30s

Meeeeeh...the average high in Buffalo in mid-December is the mid 30s. (Yes, I see where you're from.)

December 16 of last year, it was in the mid-60s. Of course, December 6 was that crazy-ass windy, rainy mess.

It really could be anything.

Half of the days in December, the highs were in the 40s....and then a few days the lows were in the teens or below. Let's just hope for the best.

This is why I'm moving away from the Pocono Mountains and back down to Florida, finally. The weather up here is drunk most of the time.

The AFC is stacked, but I don't think that means what many of us think it means. It doesn't mean every team will have a better record; it means most teams will have a worse record. I think 9-8 makes the playoffs this year for SOME team.

So far, it APPEARS that of the 2021 AFC non-playoff teams:

The Dolphins got much better.
The Broncos got much better.
The Chargers got much better
The Jets got better.
The Jags got better.
The Colts got better.
The Browns got better.

Of the 2021 playoff teams:

The Chiefs got worse.
The Patriots got worse.
The Steelers got much worse.
The Titans got much worse.
The Bengals didn't get worse, but the Super Bowl hangover is a real thing.

The AFC is gonna be a freaking war this year.

Side note - I am of the opinion that the Raiders were a freaking mirage last year...and there's a pretty decent chance the wheels completely come off the Patriots this year. There are only so many times in a row you can have extremely sketchy drafts and lose top-tier free agents and coordinators before everything suddenly flies apart. "But they're the Patriots" is starting to sound less and less threatening.

Only part of that schedule I think is brutal, is the back-to-back west coast games, followed directly with an away at Buffalo...aside from that, regular NFL schedule.

And we've done better in the past few years on the west coast, so not worried, just hate all that travel for the guys in such a short time.
They won't travel home after the game in San Francisco. They will stay on the west coast and head home after the Chargers game.

In recent years, they've stayed out west on a back to back with decent results.

2016 - 11/13 Chargers, 11/20 Rams. Won both.

Past performance is no guarantee of future results, yada, yada.

Last edited:

I have heard from a couple places that the plan is to stay out west for the week. The fins actually requested they be back to back.

It's been bugging me for some time now...what does "eschew the onvious" mean?
Hehehe.. I've been asked that before!

I used to participate in a play-by-mail (PBM) wargame where a turn might take 2 weeks. One of the strategy hints was "eschew the onvious".

It took me a while to figure out it meant "avoid the obvious". Like a trap, which was quite detrimental to my forces, lol.

I've always liked that little tidbit. I feel it has many uses in life!

Back
Top Bottom