Official Super Bowl LIV 49ers vs Chiefs | Page 31 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Super Bowl LIV 49ers vs Chiefs

Man, Garropolo had a decent game and Mahomes struggled. Even though Pat had two interceptions. He's young and his first superbowl. but this actually helped his legacy because it showed what he's made of. He struggled and didn't have a rhythm, but rallied the team and made big throws in the end. Jimmy G, maybe the pats feel better for trading Jimmy since they're going to draft a qb soon enough with Brady at the end of the road. Brady might leave and go to another this next season. But Jimmy will be a decent and people weren't expecting him to be great I think. But that was his moment from leaving the Patriots and who niners traded for to be their franchise qb. That missed deep pass, was such a big miss. He hits that and the niners might've won the game. Either a td or a pass that's completed within 5 yards from chiefs goalline.

True, but that was a good play call at end and well Jimmy G couldn't perform in the clutch. That missed deep pass was such a big miss. Niners probably win that game if Jimmy doesn't miss Sanders open deep or atleast throws it that allowed for a big PI. They let the lead squander, but chiefs can get hot and 3 and outs can happen. I just remember thinking, wow one throw made a huge difference of niners winning vs chiefs and Jimmy G having heroics or taking away from mahomes comback. But he didn't and Mahomes had a hell of an ending and fitting for him to be the mvp

I forgot, how many times the chiefs actually had good teams or playoff teams that just couldn't make it to the superbowl, let alone win. In the 90s, when they had that ferocious D line and great pass rushers. Dick Vermeil coaching them, and just many years with good records but just falling short. They finally had the qb and team to break the curse and watch out now. I know that feeling has been there before when Aaron Rodgers won the superbowl as he's a great qb and it seemed like you'd see him in more. But mahomes is special and I think is just going to get better with more time. The coaching with Mahomes, plus talent. I know the chiefs will lost some WRs, but they can still win with some of the talent with mahomes as their qb and as he'll only get better.

Looked like bosa was held on the inside there to me real time.

I know there was an offsides on 3rd and 12 or something not called with San Fran witb the ball. Right de was offsides. Instead San Fran punted next play

Par for the course. Ohio State players are held all the time. ;)

In all seriousness, all games are heavily influenced and decided by what the officials call, and more importantly, don’t call throughout the game and when.

A great snapshot example from this game was the 4th and 10 where the play clock expired. Ref looked like he was gonna call it but didn’t.

If he does, the Niners would have had another chance. Who knows what they do with it? Then imagine if the 49ers had converted and scored to win the game? It shouldn’t have counted. But would have helped decide the outcome.

And there are a myriad of plays just like it. Fans tend to look at what they do call rather than what they don’t call. But those have more impact.

That said, those complaining about the Kittle push off are wrong IMO.

It was the right call. Unfortunately, the NFL doesn’t consistently call those the way they should. So from that angle, I understand 49ers fans frustration.

But Kittle pushed off for a reason. Because it helped him gain separation. Like a sling shot. Gave him a boost while slowing the defender. Without it, the defender may have disrupted the throw. When both players are running full speed like that, the slightest bump makes a huge difference.

Imagine two sprinters running a race and one did what Kittle did to the other. Or if one suddenly hit a 10 mph head win while the other didn’t. It creates a huge advantage. And that wasn’t a bump, it was an extended push. IMO it needed to be called for the integrity of the game.

I was peeved watching the College National Title game last month because LSU’s first TD came on essentially the same play. Ja’Marr Chase got away with a subtle push off that suddenly gave him 2 yards of separation. Wasn’t called. But should have been.

I just wish they called it more often. But you know the NFL, they love their scoring.

True, but that was a good play call at end and well Jimmy G couldn't perform in the clutch. That missed deep pass was such a big miss. Niners probably win that game if Jimmy doesn't miss Sanders open deep or atleast throws it that allowed for a big PI.

True, he missed it. A truly elite QB like Mahomes likely completes that throw,

That said, it is a lower percentage play. It’s a risky play given the situation, down and distance. Dan Marino used to make those plays. But Jimmy G isn’t anywhere near that level.

Also, why was SF in that 3rd and 10 situation in the first place? Questionable play calling after advancing past midfield.

Then, consider this from a team with a near dominant rush attack and a 10 point lead:

Williams was short in that touch down

Lol.

You wanted it to be short. So that’s what you saw. But it was too close to tell definitively.

The Niners were given a game against SEA earlier this season that was decided by a goal line call. Because it was called no good on the field of play. Sometimes what comes around, goes around.

From all the replays I saw, I thought tip of the ball crossed the line simultaneously with his toe touching out of bounds. Maybe it did, maybe it didn’t. But they got the call right because there wasn’t no indisputable evidence to show that it didn’t.

You‘re barking up the wrong tree on that one.

Besides, it’s not like the 49ers didn’t get away with their fair share of potential penalties.

I understand the consternation, but did anyone think/feel like SF had control of the game when they went up by 10 in the 4th? I didn't. It always felt - to me - like KC was just a play or two from getting it going. Mahomes missed throws he typically doesn't all game, and even Aikman was pointing out how they were being conservative relative to the way they normally play - failing to attack man coverage down the field. Mahomes played like Mahomes in the 4th, and Reid called plays like he normally does - not when he's choking in the playoffs.

But, this game illustrates what I meant when I said SF has more ways to win, but KC's way of winning took up more win-probability real estate. Even though SF won in more ways last night, KC had the trump card. If KC built a double-digit lead early, they likely win going away. SF builds a double-digit lead in the 4th, and the game feels like it's tied.

Mahomes has played 5 postseason games now and has thrown for 17 TD’s with only 2 INT’s. If it wasn’t for Dee Ford lining up offside against the Patriots, it‘s very possible he might be part of two SB titles right now.

True, he missed it. A truly elite QB like Mahomes likely completes that throw,

That said, it is a lower percentage play. It’s a risky play given the situation, down and distance. Dan Marino used to make those plays. But Jimmy G isn’t anywhere near that level.

Also, why was SF in that 3rd and 10 situation in the first place? Questionable play calling after advancing past midfield.

Then, consider this from a team with a near dominant rush attack and a 10 point lead:

yeah but don't you think KC was geared to stop the run and they were doing better and slowing it down at the end. Niners focus was getting first downs, which they felt they had to pass. It's hard to run for first downs especially when a defense starts to get momentum and is doing everything to stop the run. The Chiefs had 3 timeouts and still good time. Running the ball and having the clock go down doesn't mean much if a first down is not converted, which I think the niners knew would've been hard with KC's defense all committed on stopping the run. Niners didn't want to stop the clock, but they felt they had to move the ball and get first downs moreso than running the ball only to force a 3rd down which they'd have to pass anyway. I think they should've ran on second down though, but they knew they needed Jimmy G to deliver. KC did get lucky though on that one 3rd down play where that definitely looked like they jumped the line and it was offsides so should've been a free play for niners

Lol.

You wanted it to be short. So that’s what you saw. But it was too close to tell definitively.

The Niners were given a game against SEA earlier this season that was decided by a goal line call. Because it was called no good on the field of play. Sometimes what comes around, goes around.

From all the replays I saw, I thought tip of the ball crossed the line simultaneously with his toe touching out of bounds. Maybe it did, maybe it didn’t. But they got the call right because there wasn’t no indisputable evidence to show that it didn’t.

You‘re barking up the wrong tree on that one.

Besides, it’s not like the 49ers didn’t get away with their fair share of potential penalties.
exactly, the tip of the ball just has to slightly pass the line. It doesn't have to completely go over for it to be a td. I was trying to explain that to my brother in law ha. So even though his toes was out of bounds before ball went completely past the pylon. It looked like the tip of the ball was already at the endzone line or slightly past it anyway.

I understand the consternation, but did anyone think/feel like SF had control of the game when they went up by 10 in the 4th? I didn't. It always felt - to me - like KC was just a play or two from getting it going. Mahomes missed throws he typically doesn't all game, and even Aikman was pointing out how they were being conservative relative to the way they normally play - failing to attack man coverage down the field. Mahomes played like Mahomes in the 4th, and Reid called plays like he normally does - not when he's choking in the playoffs.

But, this game illustrates what I meant when I said SF has more ways to win, but KC's way of winning took up more win-probability real estate. Even though SF won in more ways last night, KC had the trump card. If KC built a double-digit lead early, they likely win going away. SF builds a double-digit lead in the 4th, and the game feels like it's tied.

If you ever wanted to win a debate with the way you think we should approach the draft (which paraphrasing is invest in the game changing QB and the high end skills) . . . Your exhibit A was last night.

Amazing how much blame is being placed on an obviously talented young head coach.

First, the New England super bowl is on Dan Quinn and Matt Ryan, end of story.

Secondly, the Chiefs did to SF what they did to everyone else this year. If Garoppolo makes that throw to Sanders this all moot.

How many coaches out there get this SF tthe Super Bowl?

Im gonna go ahead and praise Shanahan for a remarkable job.

Amazing how much blame is being placed on an obviously talented young head coach.

First, the New England super bowl is on Dan Quinn and Matt Ryan, end of story.

Secondly, the Chiefs did to SF what they did to everyone else this year. If Garoppolo makes that throw to Sanders this all moot.

How many coaches out there get this SF tthe Super Bowl?

Im gonna go ahead and praise Shanahan for a remarkable job.
If Brady doesn't retire or doesn't stay with Patriots which some are thinking he won't. The talk has been that he'd obviously want to be on a team that's a good team or a qb away. Some were saying chargers and reports about Raiders trying for Brady if Brady doesn't re-sign with Pats by the deadline in March. If it wasn't for Tannehill doing well in his back up role, I'd say the Titans with the talent, very good rb in Henry and coach Vrabel would be a place that would be great for Brady and would like his talent. But I saw a point made and interesting because of how it seemed clear to me, that Jimmy G is not bad but he's a decent qb and is what he is. The niners were a qb away from winning the superbowl.

Brady makes that deep pass missed by Jimmy and probably gets a drive for the win for the niners. Apparently the niners wouldn't lose much if they cut Jimmy and could trade, but niners actually seem like a team that would be the best fit for Brady if they trade jimmy and get Brady. People will say the niners will be bad though if and when Brady retires a year after. But if you feel your qb that you picked (Jimmy G) has peaked and isn't a franchise qb, then you might have to go to the draft anyway. The niners have such a good running game and Jimmy G holds onto the ball way too long at times, but they protect the qb pretty well actually. Very strong defense and Kittle is a beat of a te. They have good wr talent and they can draft a very good WR in this draft too which is supposed to be a strong class and deep I think for WR. But Brady loved having Gronowski and Kittle is the one of the best in the league other then Kelce. Plus Brady's mother who is not well is from California and he idolized Montana and grew up in California I think. I think the niners would be the best option actually over Chargers and Raiders.

Back
Top Bottom