Official Trade Thread | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Trade Thread

Trade Stills and Drake to the Texans for Clowney and a 4th. Get errrrrr Done!!!

LoL...

Sure there are.

Landry was a me-first primadonna and Wilson still ain't playing. Next thing you are going to tell me is that Parker is finally gonna be good...

I laugh... thanks.
Good god man..... Give me a chance!! I would never say that about Parker LOL!!! I would trade Parker in a heart beat even if it were for a half empty cup of diet coke full of back wash! And I hate diet.

Better...

Now, I agree... Stills should be a 2nd receiver, but until Parker or Preston prove it... it is still Stills.

Wilson's best use is out of the slot.

Stills is very good, if you trade him, Butler or (injured) Ford has to start. Nobody wants that.

Better...

Now, I agree... Stills should be a 2nd receiver, but until Parker or Preston prove it... it is still Stills.

Wilson's best use is out of the slot.

Stills is very good, if you trade him, Butler or (injured) Ford has to start. Nobody wants that.

I will take it. If I’m playing for 2020 who cares. And honestly if I’m playing for 2019 I don’t much care either.

No way can I imagine Grier doing this. No way. Keep 1 building block, just to get rid of another. No way.

I don’t believe they would trade Tunsil....

But I will say this....The New England way generally is to keep turning over players and not paying players when it’s time for a big contract.

I would like to believe Tunsil and Howard are exceptions...and a franchise QB down the road.

With Luck retiring I'd trade FItz to the Colts and start Rosen

I honestly feel they are high on Rosen... and that they know they have serious issues on this O-line and that they don’t want to expose Rosen to the likes of the Ravens and Chargers in those first four games.

Love reading that guys who won't be here past 2019 are on the trading block. Stills, Kiko & Jones fit that bill. All 3 overpaid. Their production doesn't come close to their salaries. Jones & Kiko are past their prime, so finding a trade partner may not be easy. Stills brings his kneeling shtick, so teams may be turned off by that as well. My guess is at least 2 of those 3 are gone by opening day...either by trade or outright release.

Then you get into younger guys with upside who are still on team friendly contracts. It makes no sense to trade any of them unless the haul coming back is too great to pass up. Still, it doesn't hurt to shop them to see what may be offered. Especially since we have guys who can fill their roles. McMillan, Drake & Parker fit that bill.

Trading Tunsil makes no sense unless a team makes them an offer they can't refuse. I wonder if the team has tried to extend Tunsil, but his agent's asking price is out of sight?

Other possible trade/release candidates...Akeem Spence, Dwayne Allen & Jordan Mills. These next few days should be quite interesting.

I honestly feel they are high on Rosen... and that they know they have serious issues on this O-line and that they don’t want to expose Rosen to the likes of the Ravens and Chargers in those first four games.

Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding !!!

Give this Man a cigar.....One of the most "right on" evaluations on FH.
Our current OL would put even the leagues best NFL QB's under to much pressure to function on even an adequate level.
Yes throwing in a Tua who'd crash and burn without an Alabama NFL quality wall in front of him. Which by the way would probably make Rosen that franchise guy a lot sooner too.

Sadly our OL was not a priority target this year in the overhaul stage but Rome wasn't built in a day and we are, though not tanking, are rebuilding and the next major haul will be OL at the top of the list (for next year), even over the QB which JMO we really lucked out with Rosen.

Houston Texans don't want a WR in the Clowney exchange "fake News", they do want an offensive lineman and it won't be Tunsil (IMO) more a Trent Williams, availability and making more sense and fitting a need for both sides.

Last edited:
With news that Lamar Miller suffered a torn ACL, a Kenyen Drake trade to the Texans for draft pick(s) sounds like a good fit. Drake is young & in the last year of his rookie contract. We have Balage, Laird & Gaskins waiting in the wings.

what can we get for stills alonso or jones. nada.
so likely cut.

I don’t know the Texans depth at RB but they just got Duke Johnson from the browns a week ago. Given the fungibility of RBs I don’t see them trading for another one.

Back
Top Bottom