Ogbah top FA | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ogbah top FA

I appreciate next gen stats, but he has 33 sacks and 7 FF in 78 games over 6 seasons (so far). At 28 years old there is a solid chance this is his last opportunity for a big contract. I see all of this ending with him being overpaid; either by us or another team. To clarify, he has been a solid player for us the past 2 seasons. I don’t want us to break the bank for a non-elite player approaching the tail end of their prime. If we can get him on a 3 year deal at a reasonable price (say $13M range) I’m all for it. However, if he’s looking for something north of $15M I think it’s in our best interest to let him walk.
I'm thinking 3 years with a 4th-year team option. Realistically I think we'll get another 2 or 3 years tops from him before he starts to drop off significantly. Keeping him here is one less position we have to worry about filling in the immediate future which is good with such a young team.

Ogbah has batted down a pass in seven straight contests (he has nine total), the longest such streak for a defensive lineman since at least 2000. His pressure rate of 10.7 percent is not a fluke but rather a trend, as he posted a rate above 10.0 in each of the previous two seasons. Computer Vision shows that Ogbah has entered a three-foot radius around opposing QBs at the 10th-highest rate at his position this season. He's also faced double-teams at a higher rate than he did last season. The Dolphins will maximize the production of their excellent cornerbacks if they keep Ogbah's pressure potential up front.

Need to keep him.

Miami only has 36 players under contract next year. There are also some other players they may look to get rid of;

Eric Rowe - is a $500k cap hit but saves $4.5m
Allen Hurns - is a $433k cap hit but saves $3.1m

I'd like to see Ogbah back as well, but we will see how they value him.

Ogbah will inevitably cost more than his value due to his production. Love having him on the Fins but I think the better business/team decision is let him test FA waters. If by some grace if God he doesn't get much interest then bring him back
I think franchise tag may be the best bet. It’s very expensive but at least it gives us one more year to figure things out. I agree making him a top 5-10 paid DE is probably not a wise move as much as I love having him on the team

what busts are you referring to?

all i can think of is Jordan Howard, Skura, and Jacoby Brissett.

most of the rest of the guys came in and did what we asked of them, then got traded, let go, or still here but upgraded.

it is always nice when you hit one out of the park! (Ogbah).

i don't consider band-aids that leave after a year as busts. they were brought in to plug a hole (Van Noy, Flowers, Lawson, et. al).
Careful Circ, people might get the idea you are a closet Grier fan like I am...

Careful Circ, people might get the idea you are a closet Grier fan like I am...
i'm way out in the open that he's doing a decent job! lol

i'm not crowning him Ozzie Newsome Junior Junior Junior, but i think the hate is undeserved.

perhaps once it's widely decided that he hit on the QB (Tua), the most important GM task of all, people will ease up.

Unfortunately, from what I can see.......I have reservations about the Dolphins resigning Gesicki. They haven't said anything, but their actions speaks volumes when it comes to the TE position.
Right now teams are trying to take Giesiki out with a corner and a LB/S combo, freeing up what little we have in the way of receiver talent. Every team.

I like him, but I wish his Jersey wasn’t number 91. That will be always be Wake’s number to me.

Right now teams are trying to take Giesiki out with a corner and a LB/S combo, freeing up what little we have in the way of receiver talent. Every team.
i hope the giants try that today if parker is playing.

shade a S towards Gesicki, and Parker and Waddle gonna feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeest

Miami should concentrate on re-signing both Ogbah and Gesicki. Get one deal done and franchise the other if necessary.

You can't lose that kind of talent when you're cap is as healthy as the Dolphins is. Plus, no reason to open up another area of need.

As to Gesicki not being a typical tight end, I don't really care about that. Call him a receiver if that makes you feel better.

Back
Top Bottom