Oh Darn, Another Thill Thread! Just A Few Points I Wish People Could Be Honest About.... | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Oh Darn, Another Thill Thread! Just A Few Points I Wish People Could Be Honest About....

I'm not going to start a new thread, but I just saw this, so I'm adding it here. I find this a pretty laughable "Top 50 quarterbacks of 2018" list. It can fit your agenda for whatever side of the Tannehill argument you're on, but assuming we're all Dolphins fans here, this is just another sign of the complete lack of respect we get. I really should stop clicking on this stuff:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/ranking-the-2018-quarterbacks-from-1-to-50/ar-AAwIADK

I'm not going to start a new thread, but I just saw this, so I'm adding it here. I find this a pretty laughable "Top 50 quarterbacks of 2018" list. It can fit your agenda for whatever side of the Tannehill argument you're on, but assuming we're all Dolphins fans here, this is just another sign of the complete lack of respect we get. I really should stop clicking on this stuff:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/ranking-the-2018-quarterbacks-from-1-to-50/ar-AAwIADK

probably the most atrocious list i've ever seen....

jimmy g is top 10, patrick mahonnes is 21 for god's sake....

fair point, BlueFin. he DOES still need to prove that.

I differ a bit though in that i cant arbitrarily say 2018 is it. I COULD agree with that if it turns out our Defense is decent and our OL protection is adequate. we have the pieces at receivers and decent RB, so no excuses there. Give him protection, and give him a D so the pressure is not solely on him and it will be sink or swim time.

I’m not suggesting he has to win it all in 2018...but if at the end of 2018 he doesn’t show progression...if we don’t have confidence he is the guy...it’s time to draft a new future.

C....Cu....Cut.....Cutl.....no...I'm in denial. Can we remove that name from.the history books? Voldemort Mk2.

I’m not suggesting he has to win it all in 2018...but if at the end of 2018 he doesn’t show progression...if we don’t have confidence he is the guy...it’s time to draft a new future.
What if they already have confidence he is the guy? What if Gase thinks, holy **** he put up a damn good season surrounded by a group of mental midgets. It's my job to fix that. Last season showed me what Tannehill was covering up for.

IMO the best you can say about Ryan at this point in his career is that he hasn't crapped the bed but he hasn't exactly burned the barn down either!
The simple fact his "performance/record" is so divisive among the fan base certainly is indicative of someone who is "halfway" between good and bad.
In contrast, for a reality check, the collective fan base for Marino NEVER suffered such division.

Bottom line -- this is a huge year for Thill -- he either proves he's "it," or the negative reality a fairly high % of fans perceive will be all the more obvious...
Sooner or later even his more fundamentalist supporters will loose their devotional zeal.

I truly hope he can get it done -- at a high level consistently and be a legit difference maker. But I seriously doubt he's got that kind of upside.

We'll see real soon.

BNF

What if they already have confidence he is the guy? What if Gase thinks, holy **** he put up a damn good season surrounded by a group of mental midgets. It's my job to fix that. Last season showed me what Tannehill was covering up for.

Agreed...just saying we need to see something good this year...not more uncertainty.

If we finish this season still unsure of what we have...it’s time to look at new options.

IMO the best you can say about Ryan at this point in his career is that he hasn't crapped the bed but he hasn't exactly burned the barn down either! .....
In contrast, for a reality check, the collective fan base for Marino NEVER suffered such division.....

BNF

well uh, yeah, somehow the fanbase got behind the greatest QB of all time who started out Rookie of the year, then was NFL MVP and 1st team All Pro tne next three years....

But what if Marino's first four years were 1987-1990 where he went 30-33 and most his stats were below what Ryan Tannehill posted?

I bet if we had internet back then and those were his first four years, it wouldnt have been a lot different than today's schism.

which is the point a lot of us get- it aint all on the QB all the time- you can have very good qb's with mediocre team results- even if you're Marino. and certainly if youre just Tannehill.

Omg between Bradford and MCCown in the 30s lol

There may be some in the fan base unsure, but after this offseason, there should be no doubt this team is convinced Tannehill is "the guy"

yeah, that bodes well for his recovery outlook, but last year we had similar (even more) talk of how the injury was behind him.

team is def convinced RT is the man.

Then they will live or die with their decision.

I can only speak for my perceptions.

I have always supported him and believed in the past...still have a certain degree of faith, but if at the end of 2018 I still have no clarity or basis for faith...it’s time to work on plan B.

Then they will live or die with their decision.

I can only speak for my perceptions.

I have always supported him and believed in the past...still have a certain degree of faith, but if at the end of 2018 I still have no clarity or basis for faith...it’s time to work on plan B.

As I have said in the past, when I see Tannehill unable to perform when supported by a decent team, I'll lose faith. As long as I see a QB that is performing well despite an OL that cannot block or stay healthy, WRs and RBs that don't know their assignments, TEs that just shouldn't be playing, and a defense that can be counted on to fold at the worst possible times, I'll continue to believe that if you fix that crap, we'll be fine. I'd love to find out. Maybe this year we do.

Back
Top Bottom