Omar laying out the FACTS | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Omar laying out the FACTS

Its a pointless debate. Comming out of College Tua has the high rated prospect... had he not had injuries he probably woulda went ahead of Burrow.

Its happened since the beginning of the league. Todd Blackledge went ahead of Marino... over 10 Qbs were drafted ahead of Brady.

Herbert is great, we missed, it happens. Move on.
Ya I can’t wait to see what he does in the playoffs!!!

Because that is on one player.

You guys seem to think we blame Tua for our offensive struggles or not making the playoffs. We dont entirely.

What people down on Tua actually believe is that his skill set doesn't translate well into the NFL and so far it hasnt particularly.

Well if this is true, it just brings about more questions about Flores… why would he have made the pick and gone about the QB situation the way he did
He got a boner for a call girl and couldnt look his wife in the eyes anymore.

I just don’t think Ross had anything to do with the decision to play Tua in 2020. If it was indeed Flores decision to draft Tua and the Dolphins were winning with Fitzpatrick at QB, there was no reason for Ross to pressure Flores to play him.

Ross has always stated that he wants a playoff team in Miami. So it would make no sense for him to insist they play Tua when he was coming off major hip surgery and hasn’t played in a game for nearly a year. The Dolphins were playing well enough with Fitzpatrick at QB and Gailey was hired to be the OC with Fitzpatrick as his QB.

I have no insight as to why the switch to Tua was made at the time but I really don’t think Ross had anything to do with that switch of QB’s.
I hope your right, it would demonstrate Ross possibly has some competency… just doesn’t make sense to me

You guys seem to think we blame Tua for our offensive struggles or not making the playoffs. We dont entirely.

What people down on Tua actually believe is that his skill set doesn't translate well into the NFL and so far it hasnt particularly.
No, you seem level-headed but you are the exception. I've seen other posters hold Tua solely responsible and call him the worst QB in the NFL. Mind you this is an NFL that employs the likes of Jacoby Brissett and Nathan Peterman.

No, you seem level-headed but you are the exception. I've seen other posters hold Tua solely responsible and call him the worst QB in the NFL. Mind you this is an NFL that employs the likes of Jacoby Brissett and Nathan Peterman.

I've been not so level headed in the past about Tua, but I've come to realize he isn't as bad as i projected him to be. I'm just not sure he has the tools to be in the upper tier of QB.

Fans want to believe so bad that someone in the room had the right QB in mind and others around failed them.

The reality most likely is Flores and Grier came to the conclusion together that Tua was the right choice.

So sick of the idea that someone had it right and was over ruled. Get over it. Move on.
Hmmm somebody pick Tua and after yr made mistakes because herbert is ballers..I don't think it was Flores..that herbert is causing major problems in dolphins world...less just be real. Front office made mistake or Grier.. .

I don’t want to be rude nor argue but“You guys” and “we?” It would seem that you’ve divided fin nation into two neat little groups and are speaking for everyone?

Anyhow, my post had NOTHING to do with Tua. Just merely stating that Herbie choked when it mattered….again.

Just out if curiosity, do those analytics matter to you?

I'm not down on Tua but Herbert has been a pro bowl QB two years in a row.

If you think Tua is better than Herbert your not watching Herbert, hes a stud, we shoulda drafted him, end of story.

Maybe Tua will get the final word one day, I hope so but where we sit today, we ****ed it. Accept it and move on.

Omar is more plugged in than a lot of people on here think. He speaks with players, other reporters and I’m sure he has an insider or two.

I do believe everyone wanted Watson because they were desperate for an instant impact and didn’t see it in Tua. If they weren’t than they had every opportunity to say otherwise but they didn’t. Even Grier acknowledged “due diligence” when top players are available.

FACT: Miami Dolphins incorrectly evaluated their critical #5 draft selection and rated Tua over Herbert. They also failed in their #18 Selection of the draft (unless a new offensive line coach can turn our O-Line around in 2022/23) with picking Austin Jackson. They also struck out on 3rd 1st round pick #30 with the selection of Noah Igbinoghene. Strike 3, Grier should be fired along with Flores. I am mixed on the Flores termination because he was still making rookie coaching mistakes which should have been ironed out last year. Ross will end up firing Grier next year or sell the team. With Ross's inability to select personnel as witnessed by the Dolphins turnstile of coaches, How in the hell did he become a billionaire??????

I don’t want to be rude nor argue but“You guys” and “we?” It would seem that you’ve divided fin nation into two neat little groups and are speaking for everyone?

Anyhow, my post had NOTHING to do with Tua. Just merely stating that Herbie choked when it mattered….again.

Just out if curiosity, do those analytics matter to you?

What matters to me is how a QB plays throughout the course of a season.

Without a significant amount of reps, I don't believe in players choking or being "clutch" (I actually hate the term clutch but ill use it for ease). It's too easy for statistical anomalies to happen when youre talking limited reps in specific situations.

Also, im not blaming a QB who throws an INT and loses the game if he's been let down by his team and/or scored enough points that an average defense should have won the game. Not speaking to Herbert's game here, I mean any QB any game.

As for we and us, it doesn't mean anything specific. It just how I type, I was just trying to express two general groups and their general thoughts, not draw a line like us vs them or something.

Back
Top Bottom