On the Clock Draft Simulator | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

On the Clock Draft Simulator

Because Brady has a 50 caliber for an arm.........................................

Quite a few? Goodness I came to the wrong forum to get educated then. Point them out so I can mark them.
Ah... you are one of those poor souls who mistake sarcasm for wit... noted.

Garrapolo and Brisette come to mind, but feel free to discount them... continue on with your Tua love. I won't bother trying to engage you in polite conversation.

No I dont think the Pats will get him. He's gonna go top 10 after all is said and done. I just saying when people talk about us taking some positional player in the top 5, I dont agree with it. Would the pats scare you more with Tua or with a LT, CB, or DE? If you say Tua, than why would the finz be any different? Why should the finz take some gamble on a lesser position?
Ok, I misunderstood what you said. If we stay put I want a real play makers top 5. I don't want a "safe" pick.

Ah... you are one of those poor souls who mistake sarcasm for wit... noted.

Garrapolo and Brisette come to mind, but feel free to discount them... continue on with your Tua love. I won't bother trying to engage you in polite conversation.

Should I mark you down for a top 5 LT to save the backside of Fitzpatrick? haha or better yet a CB as we average 18 points per game next year?

Would you rather the Pats get Tua in the first round or a any LT or a CB that they want? Theoretically the pats can pick an olineman or CB they want or Tua. I think thats how you look at this. Because if we dont draft Tua, we are going LT or CB. Does the Pats getting a LT strike fear in your heart? haha Or does the ability for them to get a QB that could continue there dominance. You dont have to answer. I already know it.

TUA doesn't scare me.....waste the #4 pick overall does.

He had a metal plate put into that hip from what I read, he even stated that we will not be able to open the hip up the same. Can you imagine the impact on the mechanics of his throwing motion?

Sorry that injury is just too much for me for a 1st round pick. Any of them.

Would you rather the Pats get Tua in the first round or a any LT or a CB that they want? Theoretically the pats can pick an olineman or CB they want or Tua. I think thats how you look at this. Because if we dont draft Tua, we are going LT or CB. Does the Pats getting a LT strike fear in your heart? haha Or does the ability for them to get a QB that could continue there dominance. You dont have to answer. I already know it.

I'll take a team over any single player.

He had a metal plate put into that hip from what I read, he even stated that we will not be able to open the hip up the same. Can you imagine the impact on the mechanics of his throwing motion?

Yeah lets take the safe pick. Lets not risk anything that might make us more than mediocre.

I'll take a team over any single player.

Well obviously we all would. That's not the point of my question. Look if you want to try to string together 15 singles to build this team and trust Grier to do it, thats fine. I rather not wait on grier to build this team before I get the most important player on the team.

Wash, rinse, repeat...

All QBs will have a risk when you take them, most have holes in their game you hope the staff can mask or he works out (I'm still waiting for someone to fix accuracy). Taking Tua is no different, except his risk will be easier to access and earlier to determine, You can draft a Herbert or Fromm and spend a half dozen year hoping they can be a viable NFL QB, or you can take the most gifted passer with an injury and hope he returns to form. At least with Tua, you will know before the next draft and can address the issue if needed.

The only way I draft anyone else with our first-round pick, is if Tua is gone because there is nothing else that interests me QB wise in this draft class.

The book on him coming into the season was smallish and fragile.
This season proved the truth of the book... smallish and fragile.

Say what you want about Russell Wilson's size, hes been durable as can be.

The book on him coming into the season was smallish and fragile.
This season proved the truth of the book... smallish and fragile.

Say what you want about Russell Wilson's size, hes been durable as can be.

Smallish? HE is 225 and 6'1" You did not watch Alabama play or you would know that Tua is thiccc...

HT: 6002
WT: 230
Hand: 10 1/8
Arm: 30 6/8

From last years junior/senior pro day. There was an associated picture where he is stretching as high as he can go to get that... LOL

If you would prefer, I will substitute... 'shortish' and make it 'shortish and fragile'.

HT: 6002
WT: 230
Hand: 10 1/8
Arm: 30 6/8

From last years junior/senior pro day. There was an associated picture where he is stretching as high as he can go to get that... LOL

If you would prefer, I will substitute... 'shortish' and make it 'shortish and fragile'.

So he is technically bigger then most qbs in the nfl...the height thing has proven to be a nonstarter. No team in the NFL gives a **** about a QB being "short". Hand size tends to be a much bigger issue and at over 10 inches, he has the mitts to grip and rip it. Most QB's learn to manipulate the pocket to find passing lanes anyways because that QB that is 6'3" is still shorter then the o-line. He's worked behind an NFL size line for the last three years and has never had an issue completing passes (to the tune of almost 70% over his career, 80 plus Tds to only 11 ints). If you are out on him because of injury concerns, that is understandable and I will not argue against that. I tend to think the risk is worth it, but that is my opinion on it. To use his size, or anything he did on the field as an argument against him as a player is just complete nonsense.

Ok, lets put this clearly our options

1. Player X @4 turns into an All-Pro/major player which outside of QB's they usually do

2. Tua who's major injury now limits his mechanics significantly and is never the same QB.

3 . Tua taken @4, who is too short and now mobility challenged get hands in the face every play...accuracy sucks, arms is average, and his hip is a problem with mechanics.

4. Tua is taken @4 hobbles around and gets injured again (never made it through a season)

Which would you rather have? regardless of position.

Odds are against the kid....I actually don't like to be honest, but I suspect he will never be the player people hoped he would be.

I'll risk a 2nd or 3rd....but not a first.
You forgot option 5 - turns out Tua can still play to a high level and is an excellent franchise QB for us.

As for too short, accuracy sucks and arm is average...what?

And why are the odds against him?

I believe they measure in eighths of an inch and that reads as 6 foot and 2/8ths of an inch... which is what I have read.

This is shorter than most QBs.

He is also less durable than most QBs.

He is also the recipient of being on a team that dominates most weeks.

Pass.

I've never been impressed with what I've seen from him physically, and dont think he's got much room for an injury that promises to limit him going foreward.

I could be wrong... sure... but I'm not gonna bet on him if I'm G.M.
I'm just not.

3: R1P3
QB JOE BURROW
LSU

22: R1P22
CB KRISTIAN FULTON
LSU

23: R1P23
OT AUSTIN JACKSON
USC

35: R2P3
OT TREY SMITH