Opinion: Giants Will Trade For Rosen - How Would The Dolphins Respond? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Opinion: Giants Will Trade For Rosen - How Would The Dolphins Respond?

I see it the opposite way. I think they want a QB this year and brought in Fitzpatrick to back up should the rookie falter in a game (or several), or start if the rookie isn't ready.

If the goal is to draft a QB next year, why bring in Fitz to likely win more games than one of the bums already on the roster?

Because Fitz might be the back-up plan to not take a QB in 2019 at all, or maybe they are eyeing someone in the round 2 or 3 .

I say we're taking a QB in 2019 and 2020. But in 2019 it will be later rounds. 2020 we're trading up IMO.

But if you want to take one early next year, it makes more sense not to bring in Fitz to win a couple extra games.

But if you want to take one early next year, it makes more sense not to bring in Fitz to win a couple extra games.

Either way we need a Vet mentor for a QB be it 2019 or 2020 or both. I don't think Teddy Bridgewater would have been a good mentor. Tyrod not sure, but I feel Fitz can and will help any young pup.

We're going to need a starter in 2019 (Fitz) and a mentor if Fitz goes down and a possible mentor for 2019 if we luck out with a QB. 2020 we no doubt need a mentor QB till that to be announce QB gets his feet wet in the NFL.

Fitz will earn his pay.

I'm certain teams were 'certain' or 'absolutely' sure Leaf, RGIII, and Russell were going to be elite QBs. Doing homework and finding THE guy doesn't equate to being right. And if they're wrong, they should have known better. I'm all for getting a QB, but some seem to ignore the odds of failure.
seem to me we both understand football. Leaf was very talent coming to pros. it just didn't workout.

Use the 13 pick for him?....lol
Arizona will have a hard time getting a 2nd round pick for him and might even have to settle for a 3rd. No way do we trade our first round pick for him.
Do you really think if he could be had for a 3 he’d still be available?
He was ranked by many Experts last year as the best pure pocket pass in the draft. My perdiction, the Giants trade the #17 for Rosen. If he were in this draft this year he’d be the #1 ranked QB.

He was ranked by many Experts last year as the best pure pocket pass in the draft. My perdiction, the Giants trade the #17 for Rosen. If he were in this draft this year he’d be the #1 ranked QB.
it doesn't matter what the so called "experts" say......zona won't get more than a 2nd if that.

the only problem I have w qb is you don't know which one will end up being elite. passing up qb. that you don't think is going be good can still hurt you too. picking qb these day is luck.

You
Makes sense on paper but clearly does not mesh with the Mara/Tisch mindsets.....neither did Beckham - they tolerated him for a while because of his ability but he clearly is/was not what they see as "Giants - type" players. Gettleman (GM) is getting the blame but there is no way Beckham was gone and they ate all that money without ownership input & approval.

Them taking Rosen would be a huge shock....his mentality, mouthiness and ego does not fit the "Giants type" player mold and I doubt it happens...they just got rid of one player causing those headaches, why take on another?

Rosen seems to have put any perceived "attitude problems" to rest since he was drafted. So far as I can tell, he never complained about being thrown to the wolves last season, didn't pout after poor performances, and hasn't complained or demanded anything ever since the talk (and now apparent certainty) of the Cardinals taking Murray started. And to be honest, they seemed a bit overblown to me in the first place. Doesn't mean he'll be a good NFL quarterback.

I’d like Haskins this year, but I’m not trading that 2020 first for anything. So unless we can move up with this years second and next years second I’m, sitting at 13 or trading back. I doubt two seconds gets us up high enough to snag Haskins but who knows. I think Giants are acting like they don’t like Haskins so he falls to 6 and they don’t have to trade up

I’d like Haskins this year, but I’m not trading that 2020 first for anything. So unless we can move up with this years second and next years second I’m, sitting at 13 or trading back. I doubt two seconds gets us up high enough to snag Haskins but who knows. I think Giants are acting like they don’t like Haskins so he falls to 6 and they don’t have to trade up
Or like some of the talking heads have said the Giants aren't really in QB desperation mode in 2019 and are going defense at 6 (Sweat) , and BPA at 17 .

Dunno if I want a rookie learning to be like Ryan effing Fitzpatrick, lol

He can help you with reads on the sidelines, motivate you, take the time to study the playbook with you, inspire you to bust your a$s in camp to beat him out. It isn't a be like me situation at all IMO.

Please don't trade up....we should stay put or trade back for more capital as you so aptly said. Gettleman is not making any new friends in the Tri-State area with his current trajectory.
Agree. There will be starting level defensive players available in the mid 20s. That trade down should net us an extra round 2 or 3 pick.

What leverage do they have?

What are the chances of them receiving a #1 off of the season Rosen just had?

Unless I can get a 2 and maybe a late rounder as well, I keep Rosen. Why not have that "best pure passer in the draft" on the ready incase Murray doesn't produce or gets killed/injured?

I guess it comes down to the locker situation or the media that will crush them with questions day after day.

I believe the Giants are going to take Haskins the speculations on them not being interested is all a Smokescreen.

Back
Top Bottom