O'Shea Fired | Page 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

O'Shea Fired

Peeps be speculating like crazy and some will be disappointed that we'll probably never know the answer, we'll get the typical generic reasons released by the team, doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, next up...

Indeed, but where does this offense begin next season? As they were playing toward the end of the season, which can be the case with an in-house hire, or does Flores get a Mulligan to day-one of his HC career because of a new offense being taught to a new group of guys?

Indeed, but where does this offense begin next season? As they were playing toward the end of the season, which can be the case with an in-house hire, or does Flores get a Mulligan to day-one of his HC career because of a new offense being taught to a new group of guys?

I feel it is never a mulligan, but a reduced level of expectation due to the circumstances involved. The longer a guy is the coach, the smaller the leeway for acceptable performance will be.

Why would he get a mulligan? He doesn't come across as a guy who makes excuses, get it done or you're gone. With the amount of turnover in players expected this off-season including draft picks, it won't matter what system they're taught, any system will be new to them...

Dude, thank you for that statement, I just laughed my *** off. Totally agree with you. Like we’re gonna have a first year OC make a trade for a QB. Where do some of these posters come from LOL

Anyway, I’m shocked that Flores fired these guys. Thought we were headed in the right direction. The minute I heard of the firings I immediately had flashbacks of Gase and his stubbornness and his volatile impatience. The one thing that makes me nervous is that these firings are listed as mutual. Does it mean these guys don’t believe in Flores and wanna jump ship??? I don’t know.

I guess I believe in Flores so I’m gonna have to jump on board and trust him. I hope he really has a vision. A bold move on his part, a very bold move.

Reminds me a bit of how Philbin would have heavy turnover on the staff every year. iMO, it’s never a good sign when a coach is firing coordinators so quickly, especially one they knew very well, had worked with for years and came in together with a shared vision (supposedly).

I feel it is never a mulligan, but a reduced level of expectation due to the circumstances involved. The longer a guy is the coach, the smaller the leeway for acceptable performance will be.

I see your point. I agree with your point. I just don't want a 6-10 season next year to be considered an accomplishment to hang your hat on because we changed jockeys at the start of the race.

Why would he get a mulligan? He doesn't come across as a guy who makes excuses, get it done or you're gone. With the amount of turnover in players expected this off-season including draft picks, it won't matter what system they're taught, any system will be new to them...

Ok...

What would be an acceptable record next season...considering what we have to what we might have next season?

Back
Top Bottom