O'Shea Fired | Page 25 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

O'Shea Fired

I was hoping for coaching stability going into year 2. Also, I just heard a discussion on sports radio how several fire the coach / coordinator to keep the hot QB coach like Kitchens and Koetter have not panned out. Then this news today, doh!

I liked the Fins play calling... if our oline got any push we would've been a respectable offense.

Wish things could've been worked out to throw extra money at the good coaches to keep them longer than a year. Even worse, what if McDaniels decides to be a terdburgler to another team and stay in NE like last year?

This news plus Howard is not a great start to the offseason.
We'll survive

I thought he improved throughout the year like the rest of the team. Weird firing.
Nothing like orchestrating the biggest upset in years then getting fired the next day.

I know your reply was some sort of tongue-in-cheek, though I don't know the exact reason... but she was self-conscious about having webbed feet, due to being Tatar, which is related to Genghis Khan.
We're just having fun with ya Joe, we're a couple of class clowns! Especially that other guy...

Could be related to coach Caldwell. Maybe he's said if he returns he wants 100% control of the offense and didn't want or need O'Shea onboard. Or maybe Caldwell has decided to move on and the person they're looking at wants full control of the offense.

How could we blame an offensive coordinator for trading for a player?
Like we’re gonna have a first year OC make a trade for a QB. Where do some of these posters come from LOL
We are now blaming the first year OC for a trade that didn't pan out? Chris Grier is the most powerful being in the universe. His super power? Not being held accountable for anything, ever.

I don't think anyone is claiming that O'Shea made the trade or is accountable for it, but if stories are correct that he was a big fan of Rosen and the trade was made partly on his advice, as well as him advocating for Rosen during the season and Grier/Flores not agreeing, then that may explain why the HC and perhaps the GM have taken a dim view of O'Shea.

Of course Grier is accountable for the trade, it goes against him, but any leader will take advice and considerations from their team. If Grier and/or Flores (and it's unclear which one is driving this) have lost faith in O'Shea as a result then it may feed into the decision to replace him.

Last edited:
This head coach is bordering on disaster. I'm so glad people feel comfortable that "we've found our coach" smh.

Dolphins offensive coordinator Chad O’Shea was let go, and I’m told that part of it was Brian Flores’s desire to move away from his Patriot roots on that side of the ball. Why does that make sense? My theory is that since Miami’s going to be really young the next couple years, running a scheme with the complexity of New England’s might be tough on the players developmentally. Which is why it wouldn’t surprise me if we see some more college ideas infused into what Miami is doing.

Back
Top Bottom