Ota Tweets | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ota Tweets

Crazy looking back how many favors the overpaid Mike Wallace did not do for tannehill lol

look, im no expert, but from beginning i could see Walkace was poison and THill had zero confidence in throwing to him. Never knew if he was going to run full speed route or not, or fight fir ball ir not, or use two hands or not.

RT was NOT a firceful dynamic leader that could call him out- Walkace was the pricey accomplished (yeah...) veteran.

That the FO couldnt see this and re-signed Wallace was the single most shocking and telling move ive seen of the then mgmt since following Fins in 2012.

I said Wallace was a cancer- and he was. or maybe just gutless and lazy.

I find it Interesting an exciting, that as the years go by RT is being appreciated more in retrospect and various pkayers and coaches are being exposed for what they were.

RT survives and improves in spite of the way he and those around him have been handled. I think Gase is the right guy at right time fir this franchise- stay the course!

Last edited:
The question we have to ask about David Fales is whether he's legitimately good enough to be the primary backup and to perform well should Tannehill get hurt, or whether he's being manufactured a bit by the presence of Jakeem Grant.

Look most of the good work Fales did in preseason and regular season, it was highly influenced by Jakeem Grant making plays. And now this spring, as David Fales is dusting Brock Osweiler in the "competition" for the backup job, Adam Gase notes that Fales and Grant have hooked up on FIVE deep touchdown bombs this spring...and that quite frankly when they get into training camp he wants to make sure Tannehill gets the chance to work with Jakeem and Albert Wilson.

Recall that the only good game Brandon Doughty basically ever had was that Giants preseason game when Jakeem Grant went off for him.

Maybe it doesn't matter, so long as Jakeem Grant is present when/if the Dolphins need to have Fales come into a game.

look, im no expert, but from beginning i could see Walkace was poison and THill had zero confidence in throwing to him. Never knew if he was going to run full speed route or not, or fight fir ball ir not, or use two hands or not.

RT was NOT a firceful dynamic leader that could call him out- Walkace was the pricey accomplished (yeah...) veteran.

That the FO couldnt see this and re-signed Wallace was the single most shocking and telling move ive seen of the then mgmt since following Fins in 2012.

I said Wallace was a cancer- and he was. or maybe just gutless and lazy.

I find it Interesting an exciting, that as the years go by RT is being appreciated more in retrospect and various pkayers and coaches are being exposed for what they were.

RT survives and improves in spite of the way he and those around him have been handled. I think Gase is the right guy at right time fir this franchise- stay the course!
I couldn't have said it better myself.

Jarvis Landry is a lot like Mike Wallace in that the two were not complete receivers. Neither had the ability to be dangerous on everything they do, or even most things you could ask of them. Just as it was a mistake to pay Mike Wallace $12 million per year in 2013 (when the salary cap was $123 million), it is a mistake to give Jarvis Landry $15.1 million per year now (with the salary cap at $177.2 million).

We have a Mike Wallace. His name is Kenny Stills. And the Dolphins managed to get him at a very affordable contract (literally about half as much as Wallace got, relative to the salary cap).

I would suggest the same about Danny Amendola, but I think even the most optimistic of us realize that Danny's durability issues are much greater than we enjoyed with Jarvis Landry (who amazingly played all 65 games for which he was eligible here).

Every time Tannehill connects with Parker is a good thing. We'll need that but you look around and see there's plenty of good targets this year. I'd like to hear more Tannehill connects with Gesicki tho

The question we have to ask about David Fales is whether he's legitimately good enough to be the primary backup and to perform well should Tannehill get hurt, or whether he's being manufactured a bit by the presence of Jakeem Grant.

Look most of the good work Fales did in preseason and regular season, it was highly influenced by Jakeem Grant making plays. And now this spring, as David Fales is dusting Brock Osweiler in the "competition" for the backup job, Adam Gase notes that Fales and Grant have hooked up on FIVE deep touchdown bombs this spring...and that quite frankly when they get into training camp he wants to make sure Tannehill gets the chance to work with Jakeem and Albert Wilson.

Recall that the only good game Brandon Doughty basically ever had was that Giants preseason game when Jakeem Grant went off for him.

Maybe it doesn't matter, so long as Jakeem Grant is present when/if the Dolphins need to have Fales come into a game.

I think that be a little unfair to Fales, but wiil find out more as time goes on I think.

I will say that I doubt we make any more moves at QB unless this is an injury, so it is what it is for this year.

I think that be a little unfair to Fales, but wiil find out more as time goes on I think.

I will say that I doubt we make any more moves at QB unless this is an injury, so it is what it is for this year.

He made the throws. But the difference between acceptable QB play and unacceptable QB play is a pretty thin margin. Sometimes it can come down to a receiver making a stupefying play that should've resulted in a punt, or being "normal".

There's normally between 85 and 90 qbs on NFL rosters during the regular season. I hate when people have an attitude that sugguest anybody not in the top 20 of the group is trash or well below average.

nice in non contact otas but damn I hope "throw it deep to amendola" isn't seriously going to be in the playbook every week

Why not? If Amendola has the speed to get down the field and the attention is given to everyone else.

Why the heck not?

Back
Top Bottom