Other Teams Qbs That Might Get Cut? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Other Teams Qbs That Might Get Cut?

Gase has said he will not be bringing in another QB who doesn't know the system. I don't see them signing a QB and keeping 3 when it would take the new guys weeks or months to learn the system and even be active as the backup. That doesn't rule out Matt Moore though....

Drew Stanton could be cut. He could make for a decent vet back up.option. Sounds like the plan is to go with either Fales or Osweiler and if an issue pops up during the season they could always call the loser of the Fales Osweiler battle, Petty or one of a dozen free agent or practice squad guys. But as of now if Tannehill does down mid game the it's either going to be Fales or Osweiler.

I honestly don't get the obsession with a backup QB. This is a terrible team all around and if Tannehill goes down there is no QB - who is available right now or after cuts or via trade - who could save this season. Tannehill is absolutey - as hoops put it - mission critical. If Tannehill gets injured we are going to pick very early next year. With that we will draft our new QB and he will sit & learn behind Tannehill for a year before taking over. And we would still have our early 3rd round pick because we haven't thrown it away this year just to get another body behind Tannehill who won't take this team anywhere.

(Disclaimer: I absolutely do not want the team to fail or Tannehill get injured. Just in case somebody might come to this conclusion after reading my post.)

This is the worst advice ever for several reasons.

1. That is literally what happened last year and you didnt learn from it.

2. Even if Ryan goes down, they will still play the games, and I imagine I know what kind of fan you are by what you said, but I am going to watch week in and week out like I did last year, and I would most certainly prefer to have a glimmer of hope of winning than watch Brock Osweiler get us the #1 pick, where we will choose a defensive end, and pass up yet another surefire QB, for a 2nd round gamble that doesnt pay off.

3. Imagine had the Eagles said the same thing when their MVP candidate QB went down. Ryan Tannehill is our best QB but he is definitely replaceable.

How is it "literally what happened last year and you didnt learn from it. " ? We paid $10 million to a guy to try an salvage some hope for the season, instead of just running with what we had and probably yielding the same results.

Quoting the Eagles situation is ludicrous when you compare rosters with our own.

I'm more interested in what CB's get cut from other teams...

I honestly think he’s going to keep both Fales and Osweiler. They’ve been acclimated to the Gase system already, no point bringing in another scrub to learn an already complex system.

Actually this is my second favorite part of the pre-football season second to the draft. There will be at least a handful of players that will get released we could use.

Thing is, if Tannehill goes down for a few games, Fales could do enough to help the team win a game or two, but if he goes down for the whole season, odds are very bad from there on...as would happen with most of the NFL Teams.

What the Eagles did last year does not commonly happen, there are very few teams that lost their Starting QB, and still did damage.

Fales is good enough, just need to cross our fingers.

Our plan B at qb is a top 3 pick

But if tannehill hurts a rib or something and misses a week? Fales isnt good enough

do the Eagles ring a bell, or any Shula team, you got to have a guy can win a meaningful game as a backup, I agree Thill is crucial but we shouldn't have to flush the season if he misses a few games...plus how many backups have beaten us in recent years, too many to remember
Or the Packers last year. Or the Texans last year. Yeah, I think I got your point...
And the bold part says nothing about the qualities of NFL backup QBs, it rather tells us something about the quality of our defense.

1. That is literally what happened last year and you didnt learn from it.
Actually, what I said is the exact opposite to what happened last year.

and I imagine I know what kind of fan you are by what you said,
How would you know?

Imagine had the Eagles said the same thing when their MVP candidate QB went down.
It's always nice to say that in hindsight. This time last year, Nick Folks was considered being on the same level as Chase Daniel:
Foles might be a way of getting a similar service for less.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ick-foles-returning-to-eagles-on-twoyear-deal

I bet I can find you threads on here from a year ago where posters demanded we trade for Brett Hundley. I think I even remember people saying he'd beat out Tannehill for the starting job. How does that look a year later? I am just saying the Eagles situation was so unique and while Nick Foles played a remarkable Super Bowl, the Eagles also had the team to win it all. We haven't.

Back
Top Bottom