Other Teams Qbs That Might Get Cut? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Other Teams Qbs That Might Get Cut?

I’m curious to see what they gave up for Teddy. But I believe that he will be Brees’ heir for sure

Why do you think he will be the heir apparent when he can leave the Saints after this year? I doubt he sticks around if Brees decides to play a few more seasons.

Why do you think he will be the heir apparent when he can leave the Saints after this year? I doubt he sticks around if Brees decides to play a few more seasons.

I would expect them to have worked out a deal with Teddy prior to this trade depending on the value of what the Jets are getting.

I would expect them to have worked out a deal with Teddy prior to this trade depending on the value of what the Jets are getting.

The Jets are getting a 3rd round pick from the Saints but I haven't heard of the Saints working out a long term deal with Teddy.

The decision to make Fales QB2 happened long ago.
However, I did notice Gase qualified his statement that he wasn't interested in a QB who doesn't "know the system". Are there any out there that do?

... and who runs the second team during practice?

We didn't pick up a developmental QB because we, unfortunately, have a developmental team. Picking up a player who might be good enough to start means giving up a too much relative to the rest of the holes on this team. Late round QBs are a lottery ticket -- either an unbelievable reward or nothing -- that it's a luxury for us, and so many other teams.
No offense but it’s complete BS that a developmental team can’t get a developmental QB. There’s no excuse for ignoring the position when just last Swain the team was bitten. It’s been ignored for many years.

well, let's see, we had Moore for at least 5 years, and many here considered him the top backup in the league.

And what happened last year was an anomalay. So what you are saying, in fairness, is that the Fins didnt get a 3rd string QB in the last few years who is now starter quality (what team has?) or who is now back-up ready?

The latter point is well taken, but I think it's a reflection of just how many holes this team had.

Plan seems to have been lets roll the
dice with a pretty good qb that we lnow is durable, and hope we can pick up a good backup qb here or there.

Personally, I dont think it was a bad plan. Problem was bad drafting and bad coaching that didnt really build the team.

Oh, and i dont know answer to this, but how many teams have drafted a 3rd 4th 5th rounder QB to groom to be
a quality back-up (or starter) and succeeded? it would be interesting to compare those teams and map out their trajectory.

Maybe after 53 man rosters, we can look at everyone's 3 deep and see who fills those QB spots and how long they been w/ their team.
“The Team has so many holes that we won’t fill a key hole year after year even though our starter is suspect to begin with and hasn’t proven he can get the job done consistently and has a shakey knee on top of it.”

Ok.

“The Team has so many holes that we won’t fill a key hole year after year even though our starter is suspect to begin with and hasn’t proven he can get the job done consistently and has a shakey knee on top of it.”

Ok.

Kind of funny to question the reliability of Tannehill's knee in a thread about a guy who nearly got his leg amputated.

However, I did notice Gase qualified his statement that he wasn't interested in a QB who doesn't "know the system". Are there any out there that do?

The funny thing about this statement, is what the hell is so complex about a system that seems to consist of poorly implemented screens, passes that fall well short of the sticks and the odd reliance of magic running of Drake ? If our O was incredibly dynamic, diverse and well drilled I could understand it, but that has hardly been the case in the Gase years so far.

it seem to me that Adam the qb coach doesn't want developmental rookie QB.

I don't know man...I'm hearing reports that Brees shoulder may be done. At least that's what the Dolphins med team is saying. There's no way a guy who had that injury with the Chargers will be reliable.
saints got all they can out of brees..it win win for both a superbowl and hof player..12 yr

Don't worry according to gase the backup is already on the roster which I think will be fales if I was him I've looked at the waiver wire and see because I'm not sold on him this is going to be gase downfall going with players he's familiar with

So in summary, are there any QB's that might get cut that are better than our backups?

Back
Top Bottom