Other Teams Qbs That Might Get Cut? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Other Teams Qbs That Might Get Cut?

It’s comical to read these posts of people saying backup QB doesn’t even matter. RT goes down and season is over. Doesn’t matter who the backup is etc. Seriously??!!

Miami may as well not even carry a backup and save the roster position for a depth position. Just roll with RT.

... and who runs the second team during practice?

The time to get the backup was in the off-season and it should’ve been done in the draft. This franchise refuses to develop QBs.
Nobody will ever know why. But someday a regime will come in that actually does it. Likely soon.

We didn't pick up a developmental QB because we, unfortunately, have a developmental team. Picking up a player who might be good enough to start means giving up a too much relative to the rest of the holes on this team. Late round QBs are a lottery ticket -- either an unbelievable reward or nothing -- that it's a luxury for us, and so many other teams.

decent backup for Brees. Should give Teddy at least a couple more years to rehab that knee
Pretty sure that he signed only a one-year prove-it deal. Seems like a foolish move by the Saints. Trading a 3rd rounder for a one-year rental. Would only make sense if 1) they're thinking Super Bowl this year or 2) they intend to extend Bridgewater. But didn't they just re-sign Brees to a contract extension?

If Dobbs gets released I'd be all over it.

Well he'd be the perfect replacement for Brock Osweiler. Apparently this forum loves the idea of quarterbacks who can't hit the broad side of a barn until we actually sign them. At which point, we wonder why we signed a guy who can't hit the broad side of a barn.

Pretty sure that he signed only a one-year prove-it deal. Seems like a foolish move by the Saints. Trading a 3rd rounder for a one-year rental. Would only make sense if 1) they're thinking Super Bowl this year or 2) they intend to extend Bridgewater. But didn't they just re-sign Brees to a contract extension?

I don't see Bridgewater staying with the Saints after this season unless Brees retires. He is going to try and find a team where he has a good chance to be the starter in 2019.

It’s comical to read these posts of people saying backup QB doesn’t even matter. RT goes down and season is over. Doesn’t matter who the backup is etc. Seriously??!!

Miami may as well not even carry a backup and save the roster position for a depth position. Just roll with RT.

The time to get the backup was in the off-season and it should’ve been done in the draft. This franchise refuses to develop QBs.
Nobody will ever know why. But someday a regime will come in that actually does it. Likely soon.

I can see both sides of the argument. I agree with the premise if RT goes down the season is over. But if the team is 5-5 or 6-4 going into the bye week and RT is out for say 3-4 weeks, it will be very important to have a competent backup come in and beat the Colts and Jills to set the team up for wildcard run.

I don't see Bridgewater staying with the Saints after this season unless Brees retires. He is going to try and find a team where he has a good chance to be the starter in 2019.

I don't understand this trade from the Saints perspective. They just signed Brees to a 2 year extension and are primed to push for another SB run during '18 and '19. Their 3rd round pick next year could prove extremely valuable.

Unless they think Teddy has completely healed and will be Brees heir apparent. Then it will be a good deal for a 3rd round pick. The real winner here is a Jets,grabbing a 3rd round pick for a song.

Off the top of my head ...Earl Morral, Jeff hostetler, and Nick Foles is all I’m thinking of.

@TomPelissero: Crazy scene: #Jets players were on the bus when they stopped, told Teddy Bridgewater he’d been traded, he waved goodbye, then they drove off, source said. Bridgewater headed to the #Saints. Wild.

pretty cold

Seems like some details are missing. It sounds like they just stopped and kicked him off the bus in the middle of the highway or at a random intersection.

I don't know man...I'm hearing reports that Brees shoulder may be done. At least that's what the Dolphins med team is saying. There's no way a guy who had that injury with the Chargers will be reliable.

Unless they think Teddy has completely healed and will be Brees heir apparent. Then it will be a good deal for a 3rd round pick. The real winner here is a Jets,grabbing a 3rd round pick for a song.

The problem is Teddy is a free agent after this season and probably won't stay if Brees plays in 2019. That means he won't be there long enough to be the heir apparent.

I don't understand this trade from the Saints perspective. They just signed Brees to a 2 year extension and are primed to push for another SB run during '18 and '19. Their 3rd round pick next year could prove extremely valuable.

And don't forget they gave up their 1st rounder in 2019 to move up to take that pass rusher in the 1st round. That was a questionable move as well.

I’m curious to see what they gave up for Teddy. But I believe that he will be Brees’ heir for sure

Back
Top Bottom