Our 2020 QB should be 1 of 3 players | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our 2020 QB should be 1 of 3 players

If he was that good he would of dominated like he had this year in previous years. He’s great could be great in the nfl but still isn’t a generational talent that would warrant such a high bounty.
Burrow was 10-3 last season. In the SEC, that's not all that shabby!!

Trevor Lawrence whenever he comes out -for whatever it takes to get him. End of Story! Till then build the trenches.

If Super Joey is as good as he seems, Why in the world would Cincinnati trade the #1 overall pick to Miami for a package, that includes, of all people Josh Rosen? I know why, cause it ain't happening!!!

As good as murry playing in Arizona they are still losing. Same record as dolphins and last yr. How bad was Rosen is my question or team. Joe going to Cincinnati will not be easy. It take time to win

As good as murry playing in Arizona they are still losing. Same record as dolphins and last yr. How bad was Rosen is my question or team. Joe going to Cincinnati will not be easy. It take time to win
Cinncinati is a bad organization ... so it’s a hell for any talented player...like Arizona was last year....like Miami’s been since Shula in my opinion.

Things have changed here....not in Cinncinati.

If we could get Burrow it would be amazing....the kid is clearly a winner.

If Super Joey is as good as he seems, Why in the world would Cincinnati trade the #1 overall pick to Miami for a package, that includes, of all people Josh Rosen? I know why, cause it ain't happening!!!

Bad organization... they covet a different player and see a chance to load up in the draft... who knows?

I would rate the three QBs who should start next year as...

1. Josh Rosen
2. Andy Dalton
3. Some other vet while Eason, Love, or Fromm sit for a year.

It is always a risk and gamble.
Burrow - An amazing season! Fantastic arm and composure! Could not win the job as OSU = gamble
Tua - Put together a few amazing seasons! Great kid and amazing accuracy. Who knows if he will be healthy enough to play football = gamble
Herbert - Ideal size, smarts, and arm...but makes stupid throws/decisions =gamble
Rosen - has been practicing with the team and learning all year. Accepted the backup/learning offense role. Was a very high level pick/prospect coming out of college = less of a gamble
Bring in a wild card QB in the later rounds to compete with him. Hurts, Love, Costello, Huntley etc, or kick the tires on a given up on young vet QB (If Tanny can find success in Ten, can Mariota/Brissett find success in Mia?).. But for now... Build the lines, get a CB, RB, and get ready for the next draft.

Last edited:
Im happy Ryan is doing well in TEN, but he needs a solid O-Line and great running attack to do well. He does well being a game manager, which is what he is. He doesn’t need to come back here, but I’ll root for him in TEN.

To me, this is still a no-brainer until more information is collected. I would still draft Tua with our first pick. I am hopeful he will fully recover, he just needs time. There is nothing out there that leads me to believe he will not be ready by the 2021 season, but the Fins will know more closer to the draft, and that info could change my mind. But until then...this offseason, draft Tua with the first pick, build the trenches (draft and FA), and bring in more weapons. They do not need to play him next season, they still have Fitz and it gives the Fins more time with Rosen. During the 2020 season, let Tua continue his rehab, learn the system and practice with the team at his own speed. This will allow Tua to continue healing and work with the players. Then unleash him in 2021.

Face it folks, we would have to give up the farm for Burrow this year and there it isnt a chance in hell we have a shot at Trevor next year because will get more wins than this year, not gonna happen, face the facts.

i think we should sign all 3 and play a different one each week.

Tannehill
Matt Moore
Chad Henne

tannehills looking pretty good with a fairly competant team around him, the split was good for both parties in the long run and im happy he got another shot somewhere and is doing well in Tennessee.

with that said, theres no way Tannehill is ever coming back to Miami.

The plan has always been either Tua or Rosen, IMO. If we take Okudah at 4, then the plan is Rosen, barring a Tua sink into the 20's. Okudah does everything Miami wants in a CB. Press man, willing tackler in run support, excellent ball skills. He's got MIA written all over him.

Back
Top Bottom