Our 2020 QB should be 1 of 3 players | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our 2020 QB should be 1 of 3 players

Trevor Lawrence whenever he comes out -for whatever it takes to get him. End of Story! Till then build the trenches.

It’s impossible to target a player in the draft like this a year or 2 out. Too many variables involved. Looks like Dolphins tried for Tua this year and look how that turned out. They played themselves out of position if he were healthy and then he went and had a major injury make it all futile anyway.

Whoever has the #1 pick next year will draft Lawrence if he’s healthy. There will not be a way to trade up. And I doubt the Dolphins will be bad enough for #1 pick if they weren’t even bad enough this year.

The plan has always been either Tua or Rosen, IMO. If we take Okudah at 4, then the plan is Rosen, barring a Tua sink into the 20's. Okudah does everything Miami wants in a CB. Press man, willing tackler in run support, excellent ball skills. He's got MIA written all over him.
If the plan is Rosen, why in the world would you take a corner? In fact, irrespective of who the QB is, the OL, and edge are both priorities over corner, IMO.

At this point. I thin maybe the team should sign Bridgewater and take a chance on Hurts or Love in the 2nd.

Bridgewater would be a great fit for this offense and already has good chemistry with Parker. He impressed me with the Saints.

Bridgewater was offered a contract to be the starter last offseason which he declined.

Bridgewater was offered a contract to be the starter last offseason which he declined.
There is a huge difference between the team right now and when he turned us down. Teddy didn't want to do what fitz is doing right now.
Miami will be a destination moving forward.

Joe Burrow. Fins need to trade Cincy a 1st, 2nd, Rosen and even a 2nd next year to get the first pick.

How stupid can we be? Hear me out. Fins are missing a QB more than anything. We win games, we wont get an elite QB.

Burrow destroyed a great defense last night. He needs to be a Dolphin next year.

Give Cincy our 1a, then use the other two on a LT and Center.

We cant afford to miss out. Rosen might learn, but he is not a "leader".

We screwed up our chance at that when we decided to start Fitzpatrick this season. Only way Bengals pass on him is if he plays TERRIBLE or gets injured badly in his final games.

IF using our capital to move up is even a consideration, the ONLY player I CHASE … YOUNG

I'm not in the camp of trading up … we can survive with a promising QB that will be available with one of our 5 picks in the first 2 rounds and unless he is NFL ready he can wait behind Fitz or Rosen … maybe even pick up Bridgewater IF that's a possibility …. however … IF we score in free agency that could change my outlook … the capital we should use is $$$ not picks

But to spend draft capital on one guy (unless his potential is off the charts) is like pi$$ing in the wind IMO … BUILD THE TEAM THE QB WILL FOLLOW is my mantra … we go nowhere fast without OL, DE (or 2)a lockdown CB and a dangerous threat out of the backfield … these pieces, in tandem with a proven QB will take us to the next level … my opinion of course

The problem is that Cincy might not be as stupid as peeps on this forum are giving them credit for. They may snatch Chase, because he is just that damn good! Then worry about QB next season.

There is a huge difference between the team right now and when he turned us down. Teddy didn't want to do what fitz is doing right now.
Miami will be a destination moving forward.

Valid point(s) however offering pushback Bridgewater may not truly want to be a vital part of a rebuild. Depending on what happens up in Mass with Brady and I hate to say this but Bridgewater strikes me as a player who wants to be on a winning team considering how much at risk his career was to being over while in Minny.

I get that. But now he has more information on the coaching staff and could look at Miami differently.

I think it's a good option. Not perfect, but the quarterback draft possibilities have changed as well.

The problem is that Cincy might not be as stupid as peeps on this forum are giving them credit for. They may snatch Chase, because he is just that damn good! Then worry about QB next season.
Their moves at the QB position would indicate Dalton's days are numbered there, so I really can't see them passing on Burrow, short of someone giving them multiple firsts and seconds for the pick.

As to how "smart" they are, well what can I say.

For what it's worth Georgia is not a "great defense". They're good and admittedly were missing two of their better players but their defensive ranking is inflated due to the offenses they've played against. I believe they've played 5-6 true freshman Qb's.

Some of the teams they played:

Vandy
Murray state
Arkansas state
Tennessee
Kentucky- Who had so many injured QB's their starting WR played QB for the entire game!
Missouri

Im happy Ryan is doing well in TEN, but he needs a solid O-Line and great running attack to do well. He does well being a game manager, which is what he is. He doesn’t need to come back here, but I’ll root for him in TEN.
This isn’t a tannehill thread but he hasn’t been a game manager. Since he took over he’s near the top of the league in ypa, touchdowns, yards, qb rating. He’s been playing like a legit MVP candidate, if he had a full season and could sustain his pace.

This isn’t a tannehill thread but he hasn’t been a game manager. Since he took over he’s near the top of the league in ypa, touchdowns, yards, qb rating. He’s been playing like a legit MVP candidate, if he had a full season and could sustain his pace.

One interjection on Ryan. He's been great BUT these next 3 are very important to him IMO. He needs to go 2-1 and needs to play well in all 3. If they go 0-3 and he is average I think he drops down a peg. Many here love to point out how our team crumbled with the playoffs on the line when he was here. His fault or not he now has the chance and the team around him to put that criticism to bed. It's same old Tannehill if he doesn't fair or unfair. To be clear I'm rooting for him to do it. I'll be all over the Titans bandwagon if he leads them to the playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom