Our chances of winning the AFC East? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our chances of winning the AFC East?

Its way to early to know, and in fact we won't know until week 4. When we play the Pats then, theres a chance that we might be defending our team's history because if the Pats win the first 4, they take the most consecutive victories from our famed undefeated Fins team. Not to mention an early lead against the division winners. I seriously believe that if we won that game at home last year vs. the Pats, the season would have ended seriously different. Not just us making the playoffs. More. Anyways,only after week 4 will we begin to get a grasp of the mental toughness that has eluded this team for so long... No excuses this year: Fiedler was supposed to be an achille's heal, we found an expensive (but unproven) replacement in feely in giving up a 2nd rder. We have the favorable schedule. The Pats have the whole NFL gunning for them as they are defending champs. The Jets are on a defense-rebuilding mode. Bledsoe is on his last legs. The time is now. An Afc East division title is a start, but we should in no means be happy with just this....

50% Pats
50% Dolphins
0% Bills
0% Jets

Its between Miami and the Pats just like its been the past couple years.
Buffalo and the Jets were 6-10 last season...i dont see either team having more than 8 wins, maybe 9 but no more than that. Miami is guarenteed another 10 id say..since we went 10-6 with last seasons team and we are much better in my opinion this season than last, not to meantion last season could have very easily been 12-4 with the houston and pats in miami game. If the pats stayed the same then id defiantely say miami will win the divison but they have dillon and a ton of good guys out of college. I think it will be close, i hope its miami!!!!!!!

There are no guarantees in the NFL. I hope we do get 10 (or preferably more) wins this season, but a team being 6-10 is no reason that they can't get it done the way things work today.

I think its obvious that Patriots will win the division..... The rest is the hard part to predict in the AFC East.

Everyone talks about Buffalos offensive line but they dont know that we have the best offensive line coach in the league, some people dont even know who he is(Jim McNally). It seems to me that people dont realize how important a good coach is to have coaching your line.

A great example is the Patriots, they have 2 undrafted FA's starting on their line AND they gave up NO sacks in the playoffs...... thats because of great coaching.

I really expect McNally to develop our line into a descent one.

maybe all bills fans are ready to concede the division to the pats in April, but thats cuz ur team has no shot this year... Your opinion is your opinion , and I respect that. But I also respectfully F<cKin disagree!!!! GO FINS... can't wait till JT puts a season-ending hit on Brady and gets up, "draws" the little heart in the air and stabs it with his metaphorical arrow... that has to be the most originial taunt after a sack that I've seen in years... props to JT... GO FINS!!!!

:shark: If Feely is an upgrade over FiFi than i think our chances are good. if not it will be another struggle.

Justasportsfan said:
It's a mirror of the finfans saying they were going to the sb last year. Thompson was gonna be great after a breakout year w/ the Cards, RW was gonna lead the NFl in yards. Nails was gonna be back to 2002 form. Fiedler was gonna be back to his form prior to getting injured the year before. 6 probowlers on D. Seau and Griese......

C'mon Justa....I never said that. Well at least not the part about Fiedler.

But for 2004, DD predicts:

Boston is gonna have a career year after a year w/ the Chargers, RW is gonna lead the NFl in yards. Nails is coming back to RG and is gonna be back to 2002 form. Feely is gonna be lead the league in passing, and the Dolphins are going undefeated with a SB Trophy brought back to Maimi......

Is That better??

Ask me again in week 12, there is no way of telling, look at 2 years ago, the Jets sucked most of the season and came back to win the div, last year the Pats start out crappy and then go on a terror. There just is no way of telling in the NFL anymore.

I really think the East is up for grabs, of course you have to give the Pats the edge going into the season, but as good as they may be they did have quite a bit of breaks last year also. That seldom happens 2 years in a row.

The Bills have added a good WR and will probably have McGhee.

The Jets will have Pennington for a full season(maybe).

And the Fins have upgraded their O with Boston. AJ is still a ?.

Fins do finally get a break not having to play a division game on the road in Dec for the first time in years, this can only help.

I say

Fins 25%
Bills 25%
Pats 25%
Jets 25 %

Compared to a Jets fans perspective

Jet's 50%
Fins 25%
Bills 25%
Pats 25%

:lol:

Justasportsfan said:
I don't how to respond to this... wait
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

As much as I agree Justa don't make me go over to BZ and bring up the posts after the 2nd game last year, that board was flodded with undefeated talk along with the Bills having the best D ever.

Barring a serious injury to Tom Brady, New England has to be considered the favorite to win the AFC East. We've upgraded enough to lock up a wild card spot and to win the division if New England stumbles. The Jets will hover around .500 for most of the year before getting their heads handed to them in December. Buffalo will be in a fetal position twitching by Week 14.

I just don't get this talk of NE being the favorite. They won the Super Bowl. Does anybody remember what happened to them the last time that happened?

I agree that they have a hell of a team, but they're also under a hell of a lot of pressure that no other team is under. I won't be shocked if they do win it, but I really think it comes down to:

Bills/Jets: share a 1/3 chance
Dolphins: 1/3 chance
Patriots: 1/3 chance

It looks a whole lot like 2002 to me...

True every team has a chance. I still like the way things look for maimi and our schedule.dolfanreal69

1 in 4. seems to me the wild card here is wanny. doesn't matter how much talent RS brings in, if wanny can't improve his coaching then it's gonna be another long season.

as for the bills; they may be improved in the coaching department but it usually takes a few games for teams to gel with new systems and responsiblities. the O-line returns, but that could go either way. they certainly were an open door to the backfield when the fins played them. if their new coach can't get them to perform the basics right away, then the begining of the season could determine the end.

it's a crap shoot. no one knows what is gonna happen...thats why they PLAY the games. but it sure is fun to speculate and debate...

Back
Top Bottom