Our chances of winning the AFC East? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our chances of winning the AFC East?

I would love to smack back at all the bills fans that rattle about on other teams boards looking to create BS. Unfortunatley I believe it benefits all to let these ridiculous comments roll off your back. They will not get the attention they desperately need and will go to the Jets site and start screaming about how Chad is an uproven terrible qb. Let them go.

Justasportsfan said:
It's a mirror of the finfans saying they were going to the sb last year. Thompson was gonna be great after a breakout year w/ the Cards, RW was gonna lead the NFl in yards. Nails was gonna be back to 2002 form. Fiedler was gonna be back to his form prior to getting injured the year before. 6 probowlers on D. Seau and Griese...... Pot calling the kettle black.

"It really comes down to the patriots. Much like the old NFC dominant years of the 80's and early 90's, the next team had to beat "the" team to advance. The Pats are "the" team."

Way better post.

Hey Justa Thompson was from the skins never played for the cards had to point this fact.....when you pretend to know something leave out who where when and why...

FinFrenzy said:
Hey Justa Thompson was from the skins never played for the cards had to point this fact.....when you pretend to know something leave out who where when and why...
thanks. I realized that but was too lazy to edit it. I knew he wore red. didn't know it was that important to you.My bad.

Justasportsfan said:
It's a mirror of the finfans saying they were going to the sb last year. Thompson was gonna be great after a breakout year w/ the Cards, RW was gonna lead the NFl in yards. Nails was gonna be back to 2002 form. Fiedler was gonna be back to his form prior to getting injured the year before. 6 probowlers on D. Seau and Griese...... Pot calling the kettle black.

Way better post.

except we were an injury plagued 9-7 the year before and improved to 10-6. They Bill were 8-8 and tanked to 6-10.

Fin fans had legitimate reasons to believe that 12-4 would have been achievable if it weren't for the injuries the year before. Any talk of SB is premature from anyone except fans of last year's SB participants, but the Fins have been closer in recent years than the Bills.

I live in Bills country and the fans have overly optimistic in the offseason and overly pessimistic when things don't go well. My only view of Miami fans is this site and I find then more pessimistic overall than Bills fans.

I say 50/50 with the Pats...

Come on, you cant actually expect the Jills or Jests to be any good this year.

c'mon folks...way to early to even be thinking about this yet....When we see the guys on the practice field in July and August, then we can project...let's see the OL come together, let's see Feeley, etc....

DolphinzD said:
Hey, come on now, don't short-change Koy Detmer. He was the holder for the Eagles, that's why he was listed as the #2 QB on the Eagles' depth chart. Did you miss all the posts here debating that issue? :lol:

I guess I must be the oooonly one in the world that says it is total BS that Detmer was the #2 JUST because he can hold! Think about it. If feeley was a better QB, he wouldv'e been the #2. For the rule that everyone likes to quote aboput the 3rd stringer coming in, etc., I simply said that Detmer didn't have to be listed as a QB then. They just carry "two" QBs and carry Detmer as an "extra" DB or som'n. ANYbody can take a snap.

We win it :) I mean....I am a finfan right...? We do have a good team and just barely missed several key wins last year right? Is that too "homerish" for you? This is a Dolphin Fan site....as much as some billsies want to make it otherwise. As for the Bills D at #2 and injuries here and blah blah blah. It's amazing that when I say, 1 kick and we're 11-5 and in the playoffs (several games by a hair put us at 12-4 or 13-3) last season, or the year before with Fiedler out and Lucas in and all us finfans are yelled at for making excuses and the # of pro-bowlers on our D doesn't matter or that we're in the top 5 for D or whatever as in the end we didn't get to the playoffs or advance past round one. Now....I get to hear about how being #2 really MEANS something from a team that was 6-10 and really only had about 5 productive years throughout their whole franchise history, and how so and so had to play injured or couldn't play at all (more 'excuses' us dolphin fans aren't allowed to make or whine about according to the rest of the world).

which is it? As for me....i'm a dolphin fan and I think we'll get the AFCE title. the patsis BARELY had our 'number' last year and I think we'll have their's this year. This is, of course, just my opinion which I'm entitled to.

sorry everybody I just am excited about the Dolphins chances this year

DeDolfan said:
I guess I must be the oooonly one in the world that says it is total BS that Detmer was the #2 JUST because he can hold! Think about it. If feeley was a better QB, he wouldv'e been the #2. For the rule that everyone likes to quote aboput the 3rd stringer coming in, etc., I simply said that Detmer didn't have to be listed as a QB then. They just carry "two" QBs and carry Detmer as an "extra" DB or som'n. ANYbody can take a snap.

Point taken, but wasn't the Eagles coaching staff on record as saying Feeley really was the #2, but Detmer was listed #2 because of holding? I thought I remembered reading that, but if I am mistaken, I apologize. And when you say anybody can take a snap, well, that's true, but think about all the problems the Dolphins (and other teams) have had when the long snapper/holder/kicker trio isn't kept consistent.

According to Vegas.com, 17 to 1.

Pats = 4 to 1
Jets = 20 to 1
Bills = 25 to 1

**ahem, these are super bowl odds 'cause obviously the winner of the AFCEast will be such a badda$$ that the super bowl would be a lock**

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom