Parker Questionable?? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Parker Questionable??

There's no point getting mad. He was a 1st round pick and big hope 3 years ago. Now it's just about whether he makes plays when he's on the field as part of a bigger machine.

For all the people saying get rid of him right now, I get the frustration, but what exactly will a street free agent #5 WR contribute vs what you'll get out of Parker?

I think you're calling him a bust because he hasn't played like a first round pick. Fine, I agree but he's still have some pretty good numbers. If he had been drafted in the 3rd round nobody would be complaining. Now if he was high paid then I could understand but he's still on a cheap rookie contract. Cutting him right now would accomplish exactly what?
Trading him for a 6 or 7 round pick would bring back what?

I think at the end of the season they'll have a decision to make but right now what's the rush to get rid of him? And I mean, do we have a real reason to get rid of him other than "he hasn't played like a first round pick"?
But he wasn't picked in the 3rd rd., he was picked in the 1st. He has never contributed the team anything more than a low 3rd prospect, if that. If he gets a hang nail, he is going to be out again. The guy is unreliable. You don't want to cut him? Then bring Ford up from the PS. It would be nice to have someone who can actually be in there more than 40% of the time.

This may be smokescreen. BB does this **** all the time...and it's Parker. Questionable? Mind games.

I think that’s an overreaction. Parker has played in 44 out of 51 games. That’s 86%. Same percentage as Reshad Jones.
Just because he has been active for 44 games does not mean much. What has done while being active? Reshad Jones has made an impact, become one of our best players and he was a 5th rd. pick. Can you say that about Parker? He has been underwhelming and that assessment is being kind. He is far from the dynamic WR that everyone thought he would be coming out:

Dolphins GM Dennis Hickey said that Parker was “by far our best player available” and he said the choice was easy.

“Add a playmaker in the first round — that was one of our goals,” Hickey said.

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/sport...s-and-scouting-report/ISHEfxvUoogs8kbwSb5VGJ/

This sentiment was not exclusive to our FO. Most people around the league thought the same. He is far from the playmaker people envisioned.

Last edited:
Jones might not be able to play this week. Should we just cut him off the team "right now"?
I hope you’re not comparing Jones to PussyParker. Although he’s oft injured. Jokes is a catalyst, has heart, makes plays. Parker is on the completey opposite side of the spectrum and will be out of the league in 3 years max

Like it even matters if he plays or not. He’ll have 2 catches for 28 yards on his stat line after the game. Just pray his targets don’t end up I. INTs like they usually did last year

I'd love see some pictures of you physical specimens since you can judge an NFL player getting banged up in such a physical game...

Watch him play, ball out and everyone jump back on his nuts

But he wasn't picked in the 3rd rd., he was picked in the 1st. He has never contributed the team anything more than a low 3rd prospect, if that. If he gets a hang nail, he is going to be out again. The guy is unreliable. You don't want to cut him? Then bring Ford up from the PS. It would be nice to have someone who can actually be in there more than 40% of the time.
it doesn't matter where he was picked tho. You say he's played like a 3rd rounder and because of that you want to cut him. Are you saying we should cut every 3rd round pick that plays like a 3rd round pick? I get what people are saying but my question is, what do we have to gain by cutting him at THIS time? He's not making a lot of money and this is no April. All I'm saying is that there's no upside to moving him at this point.

I hope you’re not comparing Jones to PussyParker. Although he’s oft injured. Jokes is a catalyst, has heart, makes plays. Parker is on the completey opposite side of the spectrum and will be out of the league in 3 years max
No I'm not comparing the two players. I just meant that you can't just cut player because they have missed games. Also, Parker is making peanuts compared to Jones. If Parker was to be cut he's dead money is only a little over 3mill. If Jones was to be cut or got hurt to where he can't play anymore his dead money is over 28mill.
Again I ask, what do we have to gain by cutting Parker this week?

I think you are too invested in Parker's draft position. That happened in the past, done deal, sunk cost. Evaluation of that decision and who made it is completely different that fielding the best team on a given Sunday.

If Parker is able to play , he should, IMO, simply because when he is available he is better than Ford. He is just a better option. If he's not able to play, you bring up another resource. During the season that should be our process - field the best team we can every Sunday with the roster we have. All the talk from other posters about cutting him because of his performance compared to draft position during the season makes me think we have a bunch of broke day traders hanging around here.

Back
Top Bottom