Parsons versus Sewell | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Parsons versus Sewell

The more interesting question is Penei Sewell vs. Devonta Smith.

Trade down AND take Smith. Then use the ransom received to draft more weapons.

Sewell would be a guy i would struggle to pass on. I have said from Day 1 i felt Hunt was a guard. This would allow him to kick inside and improve 2 positions with 1 pick.

Sewell would be a guy i would struggle to pass on. I have said from Day 1 i felt Hunt was a guard. This would allow him to kick inside and improve 2 positions with 1 pick.
In what world would you get a ransom for Sewell, yet still be able to take Smith?

How are you so sure Devonta Smith can be gotten in a trade down? Mel Kiper has him ranked #4 in the draft, he just collected one "best player in college football" award and he very well may collect the Heisman too.

In what world would you get a ransom for Sewell, yet still be able to take Smith?

It's a figure of speech.

Ransom: a sum of money or other payment demanded or paid for the release of a prisoner.

Meaning we want Smith but will threaten to take Sewell bc he's the BPA on the board unless someone pays our price. Moving 2 spots for Cincy could easily be a 2nd rounder.

How are you so sure Devonta Smith can be gotten in a trade down? Mel Kiper has him ranked #4 in the draft, he just collected one "best player in college football" award and he very well may collect the Heisman too.

Oh not certain at all. Just a purely optimistic view for the fun of it.

A WR hasn't gone Top5 since Amari did back in 2015. One hasn't gone Top10 the last 3 drafts.

I think a lot depends on how many QBs get pushed up and which teams are picking where.....then you can get an idea where the WR run might start.

I didn't have a daughter until my daughter was born. But I still saw it coming in advance. I don't buy this "WR hasn't been drafted X since Y" stuff.

I think it has merit - some teams/GMs value certain positions more. QBs always get pushed up, so it depends how many are in that draft and who's picking early that needs one. Top OTs/Rush guys go early.....who needs those?

Same thing with RBs and TEs the opposite way. It doesn't happen every year but you see trends.

I've said all along Smith is the guy i wanted, so my value chart has him super high. But you know as well as i that others might have Chase.....just like the Raiders picking Ruggs as WR1. Crazy things happen (like Dion Jordan over Lane Johnson).

Was gonna ask why take a RT at 3, but then realised Tua is a lefty, so yeah, at 3, Sewell. I think thats a no brainer. But I wouldnt be shocked if the Jets take him at 2, as Lawrence will be gone.

If that was the case, I'd be happy to trade up to 7 or 8 get one the the three WR - preferably Smith, if we can.

If this draft goes like the past few, WRs are gonna drop. Those that are dying to take a specific WR at #3 are making the same mistake that the 'we have to trade up for Tua' people made last year. They are getting overly involved with one player and then panicking.

I'll say this AGAIN... play poker, let the draft come to you.

If this draft goes like the past few, WRs are gonna drop. Those that are dying to take a specific WR at #3 are making the same mistake that the 'we have to trade up for Tua' people made last year. They are getting overly involved with one player and then panicking.

I'll say this AGAIN... play poker, let the draft come to you.

Better yet. Let's have high standards and stick to high standards.

Back
Top Bottom