Parsons versus Sewell | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Parsons versus Sewell

Let’s see what he runs at the combine. We are talking Rondale Moore.

The more interesting question is Penei Sewell vs. Devonta Smith.
If Miami could trade back a few spots and get their receiver that would seem like the best choice. Keep stockpiling draft picks.

Every year the Patriots seem to end up with 10 or more picks, usually a couple of comps. Seems like a good model to follow.

But if there aren't any trade down options would you take Smith over Sewell?

If this draft goes like the past few, WRs are gonna drop. Those that are dying to take a specific WR at #3 are making the same mistake that the 'we have to trade up for Tua' people made last year. They are getting overly involved with one player and then panicking.

I'll say this AGAIN... play poker, let the draft come to you.
Plus, there's a lot of talent at wide receiver in this draft.

I would love for Miami to get Smith and I don't doubt he's top 10. But if the Dolphins trade down a few spots, add a #1 pick for 2022 and end up with Chase, would any fan be disappointed?

If Miami could trade back a few spots and get their receiver that would seem like the best choice. Keep stockpiling draft picks.

Every year the Patriots seem to end up with 10 or more picks, usually a couple of comps. Seems like a good model to follow.

But if there aren't any trade down options would you take Smith over Sewell?

To me, the only situation that would fit the idea you trade back and still take Devonta Smith would be if you legit scared the Bengals into thinking you're taking Penei Sewell, and so they come calling to trade up to the #3 pick, and so you end up slipping back to #5.

But that's getting pretty cute.

You'd need the Jets to take Sewell. Then see what offers come in from the Eagles, Panthers or Broncos and take your chances.
If Jets take Wilson, won't teams be willing to trade up for Fields? Seems like Miami is in a great spot if they end up wit #3 overall.

If Jets take Wilson, won't teams be willing to trade up for Fields? Seems like Miami is in a great spot if they end up wit #3 overall.
It only takes one team to fall in love...

Not many teams had Daniel Jones or Dwayne Haskins as highly rated as where each of them were drafted. So, it's best to let this play out and see who comes calling... and how desperate they sound.

Grier took O'Brien to the cleaners, so we know he has the ability when he sees a mark; let's hope one calls.

To me, the only situation that would fit the idea you trade back and still take Devonta Smith would be if you legit scared the Bengals into thinking you're taking Penei Sewell, and so they come calling to trade up to the #3 pick, and so you end up slipping back to #5.

I actually think that is a great idea. We seem to be doing a lot better with smokescreens as evidenced by our last draft and the whole OT BS. I mean we don't even have to ask for a lot (Mike Brown won't give it) and still come out smelling like a rose. Hell give me Smith/Chase and their 2nd and I am ecstatic. It is not far fetched.

Let’s see what he runs at the combine. We are talking Rondale Moore.
If for some reason we do have to sit at 3 and pick Sewell then a guy like Moore would be a nice get at 1B OR 2A. He is strong, fast, explosive. He could be Waddle at a better price.

Last year, there were a BUNCH of people on this board who advocated for us to trade all three of our first round picks in order to move up for Tua... HE WAS THAT GOOD!!!!

I counseled them to go change their panties, and to play poker, and it worked. Grier and Flores stared the other teams down and didn't have to give up a thing.

This year, there are at least 4, and probably more like 6 WRs in that top tier, (just like last year) and to wet oneself clamoring for one specific guy is well... kind of loopy.
Agreed, where would we be if we traded all of those assets? Certainly not ascending at the rate we are. You are also right in that this is a deep class of Wide Receivers. It is much easier to get a Sewell or Parsons then get a Marshall, Bateman or Moore later in the draft. The gap is that big on their positions.

This is also a huge possibility. After losing Burrow, I have no doubt that if Sewell is somehow still there at 3 - I still believe that the Jets will take him at 2, then the Bengals will definately offer there 1st and 2nd, or maybe 2022's 1st rounder in order to snag him.

That is something I would 100% look long and hard at.

I have Chase and Smith as the top tier of WRs with Waddle a little below those two. I don't have the other WR prospects on the same tier as those top 3.

Back
Top Bottom