Parsons versus Sewell | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Parsons versus Sewell

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
Now that Miami has a shot at the #3 overall pick, the team could have many choices. Trade down, take Sewell, take Parsons or maybe Smith/Chase.

Sewell is widely considered the best tackle prospect in many years. Parsons looks like a game changer at linebacker.

Wide receiver certainly could be in play, but for the sake of this discussion who would you take between Sewell or Parsons?

Parsons would fill a larger need in Miami but OT is a more important position than LB.

I would also be more comfortable paying Sewell a big extension than doing that with a LB.

I would guess most evaluators would have Sewell ahead of Parsons.

IF I am forced to choose between the two and not trade down(which i would probably do instead)I am taking Sewell.

He plays a more important position and is the best OT prospect in maybe a decade.And I think it is more important to have a strong Ol than it is to have a strong LB corps.

Parsons would fill a larger need in Miami but OT is a more important position than LB.

I would also be more comfortable paying Sewell a big extension than doing that with a LB.

I would guess most evaluators would have Sewell ahead of Parsons.

IF I am forced to choose between the two and not trade down(which i would probably do instead)I am taking Sewell.

He plays a more important position and is the best OT prospect in maybe a decade.And I think it is more important to have a strong Ol than it is to have a strong LB corps.
I just spent a little time watching highlights of both Parsons and Sewell this morning. They both should be elite players in the NFL.

Parsons pass rushing ability is very exciting and, in that sense, he could really solidify Miami's defense. He could be the best pass rusher in the draft, depending on how you utilize him.

But, Sewell is an absolute monster and dreaming on him plowing down defensive players in leading the running game is pretty exciting.

Miami has the opportunity to surround Tua with talent and that's really what this offseason should be about.

I do think a great argument could be made for either, though.

There is more talent at tackle than linebacker in the draft, as an example.

I just spent a little time watching highlights of both Parsons and Sewell this morning. They both should be elite players in the NFL.

Parsons pass rushing ability is very exciting and, in that sense, he could really solidify Miami's defense. He could be the best pass rusher in the draft, depending on how you utilize him.

But, Sewell is an absolute monster and dreaming on him plowing down defensive players in leading the running game is pretty exciting.

Miami has the opportunity to surround Tua with talent and that's really what this offseason should be about.

I do think a great argument could be made for either, though.

There is more talent at tackle than linebacker in the draft, as an example.
You make a good point about the OT talent but I would not even want one if we don't take Sewell, whereas I know we desperately need another LB. Osmi from Texas and the kid from Northwestern are 1st round values. We could possibly target Leatherwood with our 2A pick.

LB wise the kid from ND and the kid from Tulsa might look good at 1B if we secure a Smith/Chase at WR.

You make a good point about the OT talent but I would not even want one if we don't take Sewell, whereas I know we desperately need another LB. Osmi from Texas and the kid from Northwestern are 1st round values. We could possibly target Leatherwood with our 2A pick.

LB wise the kid from ND and the kid from Tulsa might look good at 1B if we secure a Smith/Chase at WR.
I really like Collins for that 1b but, if Miami takes Sewell, I feel they almost need to go wide receiver at 1b.

Tough enough to miss out on Chase, Smith and Waddle. I'd definitely want one of Marshall, Bateman, Moore, St. Brown or Toney.

I really like Collins for that 1b but, if Miami takes Sewell, I feel they almost need to go wide receiver at 1b.

Tough enough to miss out on Chase, Smith and Waddle. I'd definitely want one of Marshall, Bateman, Moore, St. Brown or Toney.
Also Tylan Wallace. Tough WR...catches great on contested throws.

Personally, that's what I would do. Can you imagine that right side?

Get a power runner and own those short-yardage plays.
It sounds enticing. Assuming Hunt and Sewell are willing to move positions and are able to play effectively there, they would both be moving to positions that are paid less than the positions they currently play. I can see our FO being willing to pay our RT as LTs are paid elsewhere, thanks to our QB throwing lefty, but at second-contract time that's a big difference for Hunt. He'd have to be made to see the move to guard as the best thing for him long-term.

Back
Top Bottom