``Pat White, no question, is our most improved player. He's a quarterback now.'' | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

``Pat White, no question, is our most improved player. He's a quarterback now.''

BTW, the pressure to care for a family of 4 is not anywhere near the pressure an NFL franchise player has on him to succeed. He had millions of people to make happy. You have 4. See the difference?

For a football player, all thats really at stake is happiness. There's a lot more at stake than just a superficial happiness from a sporting event in parenting. Besides, if a player fumbles it's not like his fans aren't going to be able to eat because of it. Also, parenting is a 24-hour a day, always on call job that never ends. Football is time consuming, but it still operates on schedule.

I'm not a parent, but I have enough respect for it to know that there is a heck of a lot more at stake than entertainment in parenting.

For a football player, all thats really at stake is happiness. There's a lot more at stake than just a superficial happiness from a sporting event in parenting. Besides, if a player fumbles it's not like his fans aren't going to be able to eat because of it. Also, parenting is a 24-hour a day, always on call job that never ends. Football is time consuming, but it still operates on schedule.

I'm not a parent, but I have enough respect for it to know that there is a heck of a lot more at stake than entertainment in parenting.

Thank you.

We have lost perspective when being a parent is devalued in favor of valuing entertainment.

BTW, the pressure to care for a family of 4 is not anywhere near the pressure an NFL franchise player has on him to succeed. He had millions of people to make happy. You have 4. See the difference?

Really?

He can walk away from it any time. A parent can't.

See the difference?

You must not be a parent. Your value is on drugs and not on having a family, I assume. I could be wrong, but if you can with a straight face say that a player in the NFL has more pressure on him to provide entertainment than a parent has to provide food and shelter for a child, then you have some serious, serious misperceptions about life.

So the better choice is to hit the ID based feeder bar than to live up to your responsibilities?

We're simply rats in a cage? I don't think so. I think we're capable of assigning values on things and executing actions based on those values, and that gives a pretty good indication of what your values are. Booze drinking...Pot smoking....ensuring your family has food and shelter....You know, those types of things.
the question regards a metaphysical state, not a psychological framework. eg. i could say you have no choice but to believe we aren't simply rats in a cage. you have no choice but to have the values that you have. you may think you choose. but that doesn't prove the reality of choice.

the question regards a metaphysical state, not a psychological framework. eg. i could say you have no choice but to believe we aren't simply rats in a cage. you have no choice but to have the values that you have. you may think you choose. but that doesn't prove the reality of choice.

Well, I tend to go off the assumption we are not a part of someone else's dream. I think we're perfectly capable of discerning what right and wrong is....It's just that we don't want to see what right and wrong is when it doesn't jive with your ID.

i appreciate being a pragmatist is efficient for you personally & in keeping society's machine running smoothly. my point is that doesn't make your values the ultimate truth about the human condition or reveal the entire truth about 'values' in themselves. in fact i find the herd mentality rather useless for such matters.

Really?

He can walk away from it any time. A parent can't.

See the difference?

You must not be a parent. Your value is on drugs and not on having a family, I assume. I could be wrong, but if you can with a straight face say that a player in the NFL has more pressure on him to provide entertainment than a parent has to provide food and shelter for a child, then you have some serious, serious misperceptions about life.

Guess you just don't get the quote about the world being gray, as are all decisions in life. What is right for you may be wrong for someone else. But, I'm glad you've broken your life down into simple rules that are black and white. You know what they say about a simple plan? It yields simple results.

Unfortunately, that's not how the world works. It is complicated and full of variables. And for you to assume what I'm all about because I don't think being a parent is that difficult shows how wrong you are. You know nothing about me besides what I tell you. Everything else is just an assumption on your part, something I'm sure you used to doing to people. Even the picture in you avatar is of a guy sizing someone up and judging them without knowing them. I'm never moving to Texas.

And what changed about your life when you had children? Did you live outside and not eat? Did you not have a job? Please, it just means life is more expensive and you have to teach a small human how to live by example. You're acting like it takes talent to be a parent. ANYONE with a functioning reproductive system can be a parent.

i appreciate being a pragmatist is efficient for you personally & in keeping society's machine running smoothly. my point is that doesn't make your values the ultimate truth about the human condition or reveal the entire truth about 'values' in themselves. in fact i find the herd mentality rather useless for such matters.

I appreciate that you think I'm wrong and you think you're right. I think your metaphysical approach is complete hogwash and the worst sort of witchdoctorism.

Ricky chose to value pot more than his job.

We as fans had to pay the price for that, as did the people that depended on him to do his job.

He let his fans, his team and his family down because he wanted to tour with Lennie Kravitz and smoke pot. That's fine, and he can do that...I just don't have to drop to my knees at his feet and worship his every step, nor do I have to believe he holds some mystical secret to life.

At some point in life, we have to be able to control our ID.

I appreciate that you think I'm wrong and you think you're right. I think your metaphysical approach is complete hogwash and the worst sort of witchdoctorism.

Ricky chose to value pot more than his job.

We as fans had to pay the price for that, as did the people that depended on him to do his job.

He let his fans, his team and his family down because he wanted to tour with Lennie Kravitz and smoke pot. That's fine, and he can do that...I just don't have to drop to my knees at his feet and worship his every step, nor do I have to believe he holds some mystical secret to life.

At some point in life, we have to be able to control our ID.

You say that the pressure on Ricky or any superstar athlete is minimal compared to being a parent, yet you say he let down tons of people when he quit. People all over the internet and throughout the media judged him and persecuted him. When was the last time that happened to you when you made a bad decision as a parent? No one cares, but your wife and your kids. Whatever perceived pressure you feel is only from 4 people, whereas whatever pressure Ricky felt at the time was from the entire Miami Dolphins organization and fan base. You can try to quantify it how ever you want (I'm quantifying based on number of people), but without being in each position personally, you cannot really make the comparison. So please don't act like what you say is the truth. It is opinion only.

Guess you just don't get the quote about the world being gray, as are all decisions in life. What is right for you may be wrong for someone else. But, I'm glad you've broken your life down into simple rules that are black and white. You know what they say about a simple plan? It yields simple results.

Unfortunately, that's not how the world works. It is complicated and full of variables. And for you to assume what I'm all about because I don't think being a parent is that difficult shows how wrong you are. You know nothing about me besides what I tell you. Everything else is just an assumption on your part, something I'm sure you used to doing to people. Even the picture in you avatar is of a guy sizing someone up and judging them without knowing them. I'm never moving to Texas.

And what changed about your life when you had children? Did you live outside and not eat? Did you not have a job? Please, it just means life is more expensive and you have to teach a small human how to live by example. You're acting like it takes talent to be a parent. ANYONE with a functioning reproductive system can be a parent.

I think I speak for all Texans when I say; Stay the **** where you are. We're full. We don't need people of your ilk around here. We like our state the way it is.

What changed about my life when I had children? The realization that my life was no longer just about me. The realization that my life will send ripples down the pool of life for as long as my bloodline runs. A part of me will be in every action, or inaction my children do. The realization that if *I* don't eat, it's not a problem....My children have to eat. They need heat in the winter. They need lights. They need love.

The very fact that you cannot differentiate between reproduction, and being a parent is frightfully indicative of where you are in life. I don't understand how you can't understand that if you make the choice to bring a life into this world, you are responsible for that life.

Oh, and you're right. I do make quick judgments about people. My life sort of depends on it, and I've been right most of the time.

You say that the pressure on Ricky or any superstar athlete is minimal compared to being a parent, yet you say he let down tons of people when he quit. People all over the internet and throughout the media judged him and persecuted him. When was the last time that happened to you when you made a bad decision as a parent? No one cares, but your wife and your kids. Whatever perceived pressure you feel is only from 4 people, whereas whatever pressure Ricky felt at the time was from the entire Miami Dolphins organization and fan base. You can try to quantify it how ever you want (I'm quantifying based on number of people), but without being in each position personally, you cannot really make the comparison. So please don't act like what you say is the truth. It is opinion only.

The fact that you don't care about how parents treat their children is indicative of your character. I hope you never are responsible for children or a wife. Just sit in your basement and smoke pot.

Of course what I say is my opinion and what you say is your opinion. I think I'm right and you're wrong. You think you're right and I'm wrong. Drrrrp drrp.

you must have a superman tattoo

Don't get me started on ink. After working in a prison, I want to vomit whenever I see someone rocking ink.

I don't think there's a single prisoner in TDCJ that doesn't have ink. Not all tatted up folks are criminals, but all criminals are tatted up. It's a truism.

Back
Top Bottom