``Pat White, no question, is our most improved player. He's a quarterback now.'' | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

``Pat White, no question, is our most improved player. He's a quarterback now.''

No bull****. I never judged you. Blah, blah, blah. Smoking pot dude does not equate to making bad decisions, as you are making it out to be.

I never said smoking pot equated to bad choices. You need to pay attention and sharpen up your skillz. You may have some issues there.

I simply said that RW has consistantly shown what is important to him in life. Pot.

In life you must make choices. Pot wins, or the team wins. Pot wins, or your kids win.

Choices. Black and white, yes and no.

Pot and the lifestyle has very clearly gotten the better of Ricky. That's fine. He made his choices. He's not a sage by virtue of it.

I never said smoking pot equated to bad choices. You need to pay attention and sharpen up your skillz. You may have some issues there.

I simply said that RW has consistantly shown what is important to him in life. Pot.

In life you must make choices. Pot wins, or the team wins. Pot wins, or your kids win.

Pot and the lifestyle has very clearly gotten the better of Ricky. That's fine. He made his choices. He's not a sage by virtue of it.

I read your posts and you never did come out and say it, but you sure have insinuated it. Maybe you need to sharpen YOUR skills and realize not everything is interpreted as you may have intended.

I read your posts and you never did come out and say it, but you sure have insinuated it. Maybe you need to sharpen YOUR skills and realize not everything is interpreted as you may have intended.

Your perception is obviously muddled. Maybe too much pot mixed with a healthy dose of resentment.

Choices in life are choices in life. Ricky could have chose bowling, house remodeling, yardwork, school, or any other number or things over the team and I'd say the same thing.

It's all about what you value in life. He values pot more than the team you root for. It's not an indictment of pot. It's an indictment of Ricky Williams and what he chooses as important.

You can have respect for him. That's fine. I don't.

Your perception is obviously muddled. Maybe too much pot mixed with a healthy dose of resentment.

Choices in life are choices in life. Ricky could have chose bowling, house remodeling, yardwork, school, or any other number or things over the team and I'd say the same thing.

It's all about what you value in life. He values pot more than the team you root for. It's not an indictment of pot. It's an indictment of Ricky Williams and what he chooses as important.

You can have respect for him. That's fine. I don't.

Nope, not muddled.

[video=youtube;WeYsTmIzjkw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeYsTmIzjkw[/video]

By posting this song and video along with some of your comments, you have inferred that smoking pot and making bad decisions go hand in hand. I understand the point you are trying to make, but what you have inferred is different than that point. Sorry. It's true. BTW, there is no such thing as "too much pot" for me.

your first problem in understanding it is your belief in people having free will & actually making choices. also, i never said Ricky was a sage. hardly.

Nope, not muddled.

By posting this song and video along with some of your comments, you have inferred that smoking pot and making bad decisions go hand in hand. I understand the point you are trying to make, but what you have inferred is different than that point. Sorry. It's true. BTW, there is no such thing as "too much pot".

Pssh. A song? Maybe it hit the truth nerve somewhere.

You value pot, and that's ok. It is what it is.

I hope you value the people in your life more than pot. I drink. But I don't value booze more than those in my life. Ricky has shown he is consistantly unable to value the team we both presumably hold dear over pot.

I hope that in your life you have demonstrated that other things in your life are more important than pot.

your first problem in understanding it is your belief in people having free will & actually making choices. also, i never said Ricky was a sage. hardly.

People don't have free will?

People don't make choices?

And clearly Ricky isn't a sage. He's got an opinion which is valid, but not gospel and people are allowed to have dissenting opinions.

Pssh. A song? Maybe it hit the truth nerve somewhere.

You value pot, and that's ok. It is what it is.

I hope you value the people in your life more than pot. I drink. But I don't value booze more than those in my life. Ricky has shown he is consistantly unable to value the team we both presumably hold dear over pot.

I hope that in your life you have demonstrated that other things in your life are more important than pot.

Hey man, don't post it if you aren't thinking it. I don't see how a song is any different than a quote from a book or poem. There was a reason you decided to post it. To infer your opinion on the subject matter. Tell us the truth Goon. Why'd you post it?

And, yes, I value the people in my life and my career more than pot. So does Ricky. He is on the team now and has tested 100% drug free. Therefore, he has learned from his mistakes and made the right choice for himself, his family, AND the Miami Dolphins. He may have made some bad choices in the past, but we all have at some point or another.

You also have to look at things from his perspective. Have you ever been famous and had the kind of pressure on you to succeed the way Ricky had, all while trying to cope with social anxiety? Nope. Have you ever tried to do things your own way despite what the rules are? Probably not, if you can't see this perspective. Ricky was making a stand, basically saying it is bull**** that marijuana is banned by the NFL. It's not performance enhancing and it equates nicely with alcohol as a recreational substance, yet alcohol is not banned. He just hadn't realized it was a battle he could not win.

I never said smoking pot equated to bad choices. You need to pay attention and sharpen up In life you must make choices. Pot wins, or the team wins. Pot wins, or your kids win.

Some people value pot, others yoga, still others being argumentative moral absolutists always on their high horse.

As for the word being black & white, It reminds me of some dialogue from Clear & Present Danger

Ritter: You are *such* a Boy Scout! You see everything in black and white!
Jack Ryan: No, no, no! Not black and white Ritter, *right* and *wrong*!
Ritter: The world is gray, Jack

Funny thing about perception of reality... its very subjective. One might even say its comes in shades of gray.

Some people value pot, others yoga, still others being argumentative moral absolutists always on their high horse.

As for the word being black & white, It reminds me of some dialogue from Clear & Present Danger

Funny thing about perception of reality... its very subjective. One might even say its comes in shades of gray.

Lol. Love the quote, btw. Gonna have to use that one.

Hey man, don't post it if you aren't thinking it. I don't see how a song is any different than a quote from a book or poem. There was a reason you decided to post it. To infer your opinion on the subject matter. Tell us the truth Goon. Why'd you post it?

And, yes, I value the people in my life and my career more than pot. So does Ricky. He is on the team now and has tested 100% drug free. Therefore, he has learned from his mistakes and made the right choice for himself, his family, AND the Miami Dolphins. He may have made some bad choices in the past, but we all have at some point or another.

You also have to look at things from his perspective. Have you ever been famous and had the kind of pressure on you to succeed the way Ricky had, all while trying to cope with social anxiety? Nope. Have you ever tried to do things your own way despite what the rules are? Probably not, if you can't see this perspective. Ricky was making a stand, basically saying it is bull**** that marijuana is banned by the NFL. It's not performance enhancing and it equates nicely with alcohol as a recreational substance, yet alcohol is not banned.
I'm glad you are capable of separating pot and life. That's good for you. I'm capable of separating booze and life. We both have made our choices, and we've chosen well. Ricky has chosen a consistant path of valuing a substance over other things.

I am not famous. I do, though have four people who depend on me to make the right choices in life. Does that count? Does it count that my wife and my children are important to me?

A "Stand" about pot holds no value for me. It obviously holds value for you and Ricky.

Ricky chose to go to work for the NFL. I chose to go to work for the State of Texas. Both organizations say it's not ok to smoke pot and work for them. Ricky Williams asked THEM for a job.

Don't let pot cloud your thinking. We make choices about our lives every day, and we assign value to those choices. Perspective is bull****. One thing is more valueable to you than another. It's the easiest thing ever, really.

So you are right and I'm wrong?

Funny how judgment works when you judge me. What gives you the right to judge me?

I'm not saying you can't, mind you....I'm just saying that you make some mighty big statements there knowing absolutely nothing about me. See what happens when you punch the tarbaby?

There is right and wrong. Things are black and white if you allow them to be.

What's more valueable to you this morning? Is it blazing up a fattie, or is it going to work?

I have this question posed to me daily; What's more important? Having a shot of rum, or going to work sober? I choose going to work sober for the sake of my co workers who depend on me, and my family that depends on me.

It really is black and white man. Once you scrub away the grey. The grey is nonsense.

Back
Top Bottom