Pats D not looking to good | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pats D not looking to good

NE was in the bottom half of the league for sacks last year and middle of the pack for INT's yet they still allowed the least amount of points in the NFL by a long shot.

Being more interested in splash plays than what really matters should be a red flag for knowledge about the more important factors of the game.

Ok you got me. Need an explanation o_O

That's what the NFL is about, why do you think we have Jakeem, Stills, Parker, and Drake on the roster. The fact NE looked so bad against a somewhat talent deficient offense, is an excellent sign for us. Ninkovich was a huge loss, they are going to have trouble getting after the QB all year long...

Rumors here in NE is Nink would come out of retirement if asked. And he just may be asked.

Their LB corps is terrible is Hightower is hurt for awhile.

Their secondary isn't ok. Nothing extraordinary about them.

DL is a weakness.

Not a good defense at all, their O lost their best WR. I'm certain they'd take a step back this season.
They'll get it all fixed. Don't put it past Belichick to make some more trades before the deadline. I don't expect their defense to be as good as last year but I'm sure it will be top 15.

I'm more interested in their offense. If they really are changing to a more vertical offense this could be interesting. Brady has never been a good deep ball passer and his ball placement has never been very good either...guys like Edelman and Welker just made him look good cause they were good at catching passes that were thrown slightly behind them on those crossing routes. Lets see if they keep throwing deep though...40 year old arm throwing deep more than he ever has in his career...we'll see how the arm looks at the end of the season.

The schemes the star in the New England d. Not any player

They seem to lack range and athleticism at lb primarily and could use another edge pass rush piece although that sack production is highly scheme driven too.

They definitely miss Edelman cause there's no longer the go to underneath option despite coverage. Cooks is a vertical player he wore coverage like drapes on stick routes last night and doesn't physically compete at the catch point. Plays small

They will work away from him on 3rd downs soon enough and implement more picks and rubs to try and offset an obvious lacking element in that wr corp.

This might be the year they have to trade for a win option on the boundary

The scheme calls for them taking out the 1st option and they did a good job of taking Kelce out of most plays. They just weren't ready for Hunt who pretty much surprised a lot of people. I really liked that kid especially in the senior bowl but I didn't expect that type of performance.

The scheme calls for them taking out the 1st option and they did a good job of taking Kelce out of most plays. They just weren't ready for Hunt who pretty much surprised a lot of people. I really liked that kid especially in the senior bowl but I didn't expect that type of performance.

It goes even further than that. NE's defensive strategy of making you play "left-handed" deals with taking away every player's strength and forcing them to do what is uncomfortable for them, not just taking away the top playmaker.

It was rare seeing NE spend big money in F/A. They aren't known to do that. The Gilmore signing surprised me, while I felt, he's a good player, I also felt he's slightly overrated. Maybe this was an omen. A sign of desperation on their part. What's laughable, is many media types were talking as if NE was capable of going undefeated. I'm not saying they wont win, but I'm beginning to feel, like there are small cracks in the armour?

Gilmore had a good game yesterday, I thought it was a good pick up for NE.

It goes even further than that. NE's defensive strategy of making you play "left-handed" deals with taking away every player's strength and forcing them to do what is uncomfortable for them, not just taking away the top playmaker.

I'm kind of surprised NE didn't put an emphasis on adding extra defenders in coverage when they weren't getting any pressure rushing 4.

That's what the NFL is about, why do you think we have Jakeem, Stills, Parker, and Drake on the roster. The fact NE looked so bad against a somewhat talent deficient offense, is an excellent sign for us. Ninkovich was a huge loss, they are going to have trouble getting after the QB all year long...

You can't be serious . . .

With that kc team the dump to the back is always there. Hell its the primary half the time even. That kind of space threat exposes lb levels that lack range and athleticism.

If you drop more zone with statue lbs you give away easy dump yards at a 6 to 8 per clip to backs like a hunt or tyreek hill who is as much a threat as a receiver as he is lined up in the backfield. Especially when you know he can handle any contact you throw at him.

And hill creates false steps at the lb level. Add in that kc move oline everyone's an athlete and you got a bad mix with slow non rangy meh athlete lbs period

Last edited:
Gilmore had a good game yesterday, I thought it was a good pick up for NE.
I do think he's a good player, but just not as good as others and not worth that big contract. But NE has a history of finding guys who fit their schemes and felt he was worth it. I thought he played well last night at times. And is my point, at times he's good. But never consistently good.

Back
Top Bottom