Pauline: Browns & Fins lining up a deal if Elliot available at pick 8 | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pauline: Browns & Fins lining up a deal if Elliot available at pick 8

This is very tired and old argument. The fact is that the RB position has actually become more valuable rather than less and the most consistent teams, the ones that make the playoffs every year have good RBs. Much of this same tripe was being said about Todd Gurley. Go back and check out my posts from last year on him, and he was coming off of major knee reconstruction. I think if you do your research you will see that I'm right. Like Gurley, I'm all in on Elliott. He's the best playmaker in the draft and unlike Gurley he's durable. I think he could be the next beast mode.

Good teams diversify their risks and don't rely only on one RB. They know you need multiple backs and that you have the rest of a roster to fill. RB's are as valuable as ever, but they wear down very quickly, and they take more consistent punishment than any other position. It's rare to find a RB that stays healthy. I would only spend a top-15 pick on a RB in Gurley's neighborhood. Zeke's a few blocks down.

I really hope this move goes down and I really hope Billy Corbin does a 30/30 documentary on the fins after Marino. Youve got characters such as Wannstache, Saban, Cam Cameron, Jeff Ireland, Ross, Parcells, Philbin, and now Tannenbaum. I can see Lebatard cackling as he talks about Tannebaum's trades and signings and the fact no team wanted to hire him yet Ross proceeds to give him full control of the fins.

I nearly became physically ill seeing all those names all together (btw - you forgot Tony "3 Pt. Fist Pump" Sparano)... a real bag of useless & clueless douchebags if there ever was one....really cements the fact that we've been a joke for a long time and who knows if it'll ever end......makes me think the Shula curse is a real thing.

We should dump all picks round 4-7 and try to get more 3rd or even a late 2ND round pick.There's a bunch of garbage after round 3

We should dump all picks round 4-7 and try to get more 3rd or even a late 2ND round pick.There's a bunch of garbage after round 3

98CzGpmZnuKx.jpg

If ezekial elliot is who you want, then get him, the problem is that everybody on this board are thinking inside the box, the phins need to fix what ails them, RB is one of them, how can you guys get pissed when they don't pick who you want, but really picks what the team need.

If ezekial elliot is who you want, then get him, the problem is that everybody on this board are thinking inside the box, the phins need to fix what ails them, RB is one of them, how can you guys get pissed when they don't pick who you want, but really picks what the team need.

Talk about thinking inside the box. Sorry, I'm not going to view the drafting of Elliot in a vacuum. It's only a "need" because they completely botched their handling of the position multiple times over the offseason. Now, instead of using the 1st pick addressing a position we needed to address heading into the offseason, we now may use it to address a recently (and needlessly) created one. Awesome.

Talk about thinking inside the box. Sorry, I'm not going to view the drafting of Elliot in a vacuum. It's only a "need" because they completely botched their handling of the position multiple times over the offseason. Now, instead of using the 1st pick addressing a position we needed to address heading into the offseason, we now may use it to address a recently (and needlessly) created one. Awesome.
I struggle with "botched." Miami signed CJ to a contract no one thought Elway was stupid enough to match. I remember NO analyst thinking Elway would match it. He did. I don't blame Miami for that.

They should have tied him up last year, if Gase was here it probably would have been done.

if he drops to 13 take him, if not, take a cb or jack depending on medical.

simple.

Talk about thinking inside the box. Sorry, I'm not going to view the drafting of Elliot in a vacuum. It's only a "need" because they completely botched their handling of the position multiple times over the offseason. Now, instead of using the 1st pick addressing a position we needed to address heading into the offseason, we no may use it to address a recently (and needlessly) created one. Awesome.

Cant wait to see your posts when Elliott is the pick tongiht :lol:

Stay away from the bottle

I struggle with "botched." Miami signed CJ to a contract no one thought Elway was stupid enough to match. I remember NO analyst thinking Elway would match it. He did. I don't blame Miami for that.
If they made the assumption they were going to sign a RFA and let their own talent leave and let their team become vulnerable over that assumption then they were fools.

Not sure how this slipped under the radar but does anyone really thing Cleveland is gonna let the hometown star (Elliot) slip past them?

If they made the assumption they were going to sign a RFA and let their own talent leave and let their team become vulnerable over that assumption then they were fools.
I have two problems. 1) I'm not certain Miami "let" Miller leave. 2) Every decision is an assumption - in this case EVERYONE agreed with the assumption of CJ's contract. At what point does a high probability of success become a foolish decision?

Back
Top Bottom