Pauline: Browns & Fins lining up a deal if Elliot available at pick 8 | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pauline: Browns & Fins lining up a deal if Elliot available at pick 8

I really hope this move goes down and I really hope Billy Corbin does a 30/30 documentary on the fins after Marino. Youve got characters such as Wannstache, Saban, Cam Cameron, Jeff Ireland, Ross, Parcells, Philbin, and now Tannenbaum. I can see Lebatard cackling as he talks about Tannebaum's trades and signings and the fact no team wanted to hire him yet Ross proceeds to give him full control of the fins.

He better be ****ing 2002 Ricky Williams if Miami trades up for him.

Actually...I would expect more sustained greatness than what Ricky gave us if this goes down.

I don't see this happening unless the deal is very friendly to the Dolphins.

The charts says a third rounder is the compensation value for a swap from 13 to 8....which is why I thought Kiko Alonso and Byron Maxwell were worth more than third rounder.

Its popular on here to assume everything Tannenbaum does is stupid...it will be funny if this team gets real good watching everyone who has dumped on him try to explain how this possibly could have happened.

As others have previously said, if they give up a 3rd to move up to 8 and take Jack, Elliot, Bosa or Buckner (or if in some dream Tunsil falls), they would have basically traded a third round pick for Alonso and Maxwell (and stayed at 8). Without considering the salary issue that goes along with taking on Maxwell, and if we are talking solely talent, I can be optimistic and believe that Maxwell and Alonso will be more productive than the third round pick. I think most on here can agree, considering our needs and accomplishing obtaining two day one starters in place of a third round pick rookie who will probably be garbage if the Dolphins draft history is any indication. It's a calculated risk based on the past success and injury concerns of the two players. If they return healthy and work in our schemes they make the defense much better, immediately.

Again, optimistic view. Not sure where I'm building up optimism from. You'd think the years of being a Dolphins fan would've beaten that out of me by now.

Sigh.

Nothing quite as painful as being a Phin fan!

Hope springs eternal (and the beatings continue eternally, concurrently). :crazy:

LD

Elliott is the REAL DEAL, been a Dolfan for over 40 years and seen a lot but this kid has a great work ethic, excellent attitude and played on another level in college , flat out dominated great competition. It's a no brainer , make the move to get him!

that guy will be on board at 13. you can find rb in 3rd - 6 rd in nfl.

Expecting sustained greatness from any RB is an uphill battle.

This is very tired and old argument. The fact is that the RB position has actually become more valuable rather than less and the most consistent teams, the ones that make the playoffs every year have good RBs. Much of this same tripe was being said about Todd Gurley. Go back and check out my posts from last year on him, and he was coming off of major knee reconstruction. I think if you do your research you will see that I'm right. Like Gurley, I'm all in on Elliott. He's the best playmaker in the draft and unlike Gurley he's durable. I think he could be the next beast mode.

Trade out of #8 to then trade back into #8. Yup, TBaum is definitely running this show...

Trading out of the 8, only to give up assets to trade back into the 8 a month later would be so Tannenbaum... And if he actually does this, I would suggest that the maneuver of trading down and then trading back into the same pick you had previously should be formally named a 'Tannenbaum' moving forward, and be recognized and referred to in NFL circles as such.

Btw, off topic but I actually saw this on eBay tonight:
2dd906e2e8201857c55c97757e0f7f47.jpg

I believe it's a very real possibility if it ends up being only a 3rd for trade up.

It could also be a smokescreen for someone else to trade up to that spot to get him IF they actually DON'T want him and want someone else to fall for them. Heh.

This is very tired and old argument. The fact is that the RB position has actually become more valuable rather than less and the most consistent teams, the ones that make the playoffs every year have good RBs. Much of this same tripe was being said about Todd Gurley. Go back and check out my posts from last year on him, and he was coming off of major knee reconstruction. I think if you do your research you will see that I'm right. Like Gurley, I'm all in on Elliott. He's the best playmaker in the draft and unlike Gurley he's durable. I think he could be the next beast mode.

Go look at those playoff teams and see how many of those running backs where drafted in the first round.

Nobody is saying the running back is becoming extinct. What we are trying to say is that now a days teams are running 2-3 backs at one time. Why waste such a high pick on a position that you can find at a cheaper price later in the draft. To be in a committee.

Also why does everyone love using the term can't miss. There is no such thing as a can't miss prospect.

My wish would be to trade down and keep trading down. We need as many picks as possible over the next two years to add some legit talent that isn't ancient.

Grab Artie Burns in the back end if you can trade down. That kid is going to be good. Especially once he gets some real coaching. Wouldn't be shocked to find out 5 years from now him being the best corner taken out of this draft.

Torn here hoping Tannabuam screws the pooch so hopefully we get rid of the guy soon on the other hand I want really good picks so hopefully soon when this clown leaves town we have something left over to build with. I just cannot believe Jones hired this idiot to run our team. I have supported Jones as not the real issue with this team but by picking Tannabaum hes torn the guts out of this team for at least the next 3 years and we were not that good to begin with.

Back
Top Bottom