PB Post: Boston Signs His Deal | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PB Post: Boston Signs His Deal

Justasportsfan said:
You guys go through a hissy fit when I was taking a shot at Ron Mexico?

To answer your question, no one has to cover Boston. If he even trips over that white line on the field that reads, "50" I'm almost sure he'll break his ankle again.

Like I told that DominopIzza kid, last year it was no different from this years signing of Boston. As a matter of fact, he was healthier when he signed last year having played for the chargers the year beofre. This time , he's had a year off and I doubt he can do the same thing he did when he caught 1500+ yards without roiding up. His ankles are too small for his frame.

Boston doesn't scare me. He didn't then and he doesn't now. He's a time bomb waiting to explode. Don't believe me? Ask the other 30 teams that didn't want to sign him.
He was in great shape last year. He was dedicated to his weight plan. We asked him to lose 20 lbs and he did. He reported to camp lighter and in better shape than before. I dont expect him to put up 1500+ yards.... heck I would be delighted with 700 yards. He is coming in as a #4 WR and needs to earn the #3 spot. I dont think he is going to touch Booker. Boston at 85% production than his 1500 yard season is still better than a 100% Thompson.

His contract is an all win situation. He he gets hurt, we lose the vet min. Big deal. However if he stays healthy and performs then our WR combo can be very effective.

Justasportsfan said:
He was roiding then. Did you notice how good the Chargers became once they got rid of Boston?

i guess the emergence of gates, breeze, and their young D have nothing do do with it. :shakeno:

Justasportsfan said:
He was roiding then. Did you notice how good the Chargers became once they got rid of Boston?

:rolleyes: Antonio Gates and Drew Brees had NOTHING to do with it.

Saying that the release of Boston instantly made the Chargers into a playoff team is sooooo stupid.

Marino Forever said:
His ankles seemed to do okay when he had over 1000 yards in back to back years with the cards.

He was putting up most of his production when he was on the juice though. Honestly, if he makes it through the first two weeks of camp without blowing out his knee or tearing his patellar tendon again I think we got our money's worth. I'm not expecting much.

Justasportsfan said:
:shakeno:

I know you are not that dumb to truly believe that statement. You are just trying to start crap and downplay the signing. The signing of Boston for us was an excellent sign. We took a gamble for the vet min. Your attempt to downplay it is pathetic. :lol:

Dphins said:
Your looking at tis just the way any pessimisic Buffallo fan would look at it. Most of the people on this board are looking at is optimistically. Granted it does not give us the best recieving core in the league. It does give us a reciever who has the physicall skills comparable to TO and that is exciting. Wether or not he will mature enough to fulfill his potetial is the big question.
I didn't say anything negative about the signing til now did I? That's because it's a luxury move. The fins can afford such a move because you have the cap. I agree that the reward outweigh the risk. I said this last year and I still feel the same way. I don't however see it as a signing that is needed to take the team to the playoffs. I'll take Chambers , McMike or Booker over Boston anyday. With that line-up I doubt Boston will even make no. 3 wr on your team.

Boston Will Be A Terror For The Bills And Every Other Team In Our Division And The Whole Nfl Who Do You Double Cover Answer Me That. :yell: :fire: :evil:

FiN.in.RI said:
:rolleyes: Antonio Gates and Drew Brees had NOTHING to do with it.

Saying that the release of Boston instantly made the Chargers into a playoff team is sooooo stupid.
Exactly. They get rid of Boston and replace him w/ Gates and????

You canot deny the fact that they got better without Boston no? Shottenheimer can be an idiot but he's not completely clueless either. If Boston was so great why did he get rid of Boston for a 6th rd. draft and not hold out for at least a 2nd or 3rd pick? Why didn't Boston get any other offers from the other 30 teams?

. With that line-up I doubt Boston will even make no. 3 wr on your team

keep em coming. your responses are becoming comedic

Philter25 said:
:shakeno:

I know you are not that dumb to truly believe that statement. You are just trying to start crap and downplay the signing. The signing of Boston for us was an excellent sign. We took a gamble for the vet min. Your attempt to downplay it is pathetic. :lol:
Read Firewrong's post. He seems to agree with me. As far as your vet min. read my next post after the one you quoted me on.

TRUDOLFAN54 said:
Boston Will Be A Terror For The Bills And Every Other Team In Our Division And The Whole Nfl Who Do You Double Cover Answer Me That. :yell: :fire: :evil:
That's like asking me, who's gonna cover Moulds, Evans, Parrish and Reed or the same thing as who's gonna cover the Pats' wr's :rolleyes:

He could be a terror for Saban too once he starts b!tching that he doesn't get any catches. Remember, he's sharing catches w/ Chambers, Booker , McMike (who's another whiner) and Brown.

MelbournePhin said:
. keep em coming. your responses are becoming comedic
Coming from someone who's world is colored teal and orange. :cooldude: Whatever.

at least people "who's world is colored teal and orange" have some lombardi trophies

refresh my memory if people in a world full of red and blue have any.

Great news! Feeley should have a good supporting cast. The offense can only get better after last season. Let's pray it does!

Back
Top Bottom