Per Tony Pauline: Dolphins Targetting Qb Justin Herbert In Draft | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Per Tony Pauline: Dolphins Targetting Qb Justin Herbert In Draft

So, how are we getting a top 3 pick? If not higher?

Dude would be the clear cut #1 QB if he does declare. Maybe if San Fran falls to #1, they would take Bosa over him or get a kings ransom to trade back

Easy peasy. Trade Thill (which so many believe is a legit HOF or slightly under QB) straight up for the #1 pick!

I mean. C'mon! So obvious.

Maybe we throw in some 1988 Sports Illustrated's or Fiedler memorabilia.

Just get it done Mike!

:)

Well Adam professed is love of Baker Mayfield BEFORE anyone had him as QB1 and Baker is impressing me. So there’s that.

Baker's arm talent is crazy he threw a skinny post that made me smh,that ball exploded after his 5 step. Deep comebacks and Deep outs are in play in 12 and 13 personnel, none of that new wave spread u out to throw to rb's stuff.

I haven’t watched enough of Herbert to form an opinion but I believe that if a team is convinced that a QB is a franchise QB you do whatever it takes to get him.

2 questions
How many top 5 picks are projected as 'franchise' QB?
How many are?
Trading up is FAR too expensive

Then stay out of this thread then unless you have something to say on the draft class then. This isn't a protect your boy thread, you've got plenty of other places to do that.
Pretty sure talking about drafting Herbert in the 1st round(or not) qualifies

He wont even enter the draft this year so it's a moot point.

He's shopping for an agent so in all likelihood he's declaring. Going back just gives teams/scouts more film to scrutinize & possibly damage his draft stock.

That's just wishful thinking, no one knows how the 2020 draft will turn out.

Agreed....just as no one knows how the 2019 draft will turn out....but there will be more POTENTIAL pro caliber QB prospects available in the 2020 draft than in the 2019 draft.....not only that but because there will be more than one or two it means we would have a better chance of landing one without having to give a lot to move up (or missing out due to a mid round draft spot - so if we're our typical 7-9, 8-8, etc, there might be a decent prospect around where we pick).

Yes, it's all presumptive at this point (as are injuries, trades, contract issues, arrests, etc) but all in all, 2020 is looking much better as far as QB prospects vs 2019 class.

If the team picking 1st in the draft needs a QB (high probability) what makes anyone think we could even possibly ‘trade up’.?
I am usually advocating for trading up for the "QB of the future" but 2019 is the wrong year. Too many teams in need of a young QB and not enough QBs available. Supply and demand would drive the cost trading up too high.

Back
Top Bottom