Per Tony Pauline: Dolphins Targetting Qb Justin Herbert In Draft | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Per Tony Pauline: Dolphins Targetting Qb Justin Herbert In Draft

Keep Brock in the rest of the season... which means we go 5-11, get the best defensive players you can with your top 2 picks(preferably a lb, and a cb or de). Let Brock start again next year meaning we have a terrible record and grab Tua in 2020. Boom! I kid, I kid obviously... I cant stomach a whole season of Brock, but this scenerio actually would set this franchise up for success moving forward.

The question is whether he would be worth the price to trade up, which will be significant with Bosa and Oliver at the top of the draft.

It will be all about what team gives Gruden the best package. Unless he takes him and keeps him.

2 questions
How many top 5 picks are projected as 'franchise' QB?
How many are?
Trading up is FAR too expensive

You're the one trying to prove a point. Answer your own question and report back.

So far it looks like it's paying off for Philly, Los Angeles, and Chicago.

Additionally, trading up with 2 Firsts for a franchise QB is also working for Kansas City and Houston.

Listen we may bitch quite a bit about the 2019 quarterbacks class, but that doesn't mean there can't be any guy in it worth a damn.

I know I personally bitch about the 2019 class on the assumption that Herbert is not going to come out.

This isn't Drew Lock. I think Herbert is a legit prospect. Is he a home run? Are any of them, ever? You could find people that hated Baker Mayfield. You could find people that hated Sam Darnold. You could find people that hated Josh Rosen and of course you couldn't throw a rock without hitting four people who hated Josh Allen. Carson Wentz had detractors. Legitimate ones. As did Jared Goff.

There was NO SHORTAGE of detractors for Patrick Mahomes, although oddly (funny how this happens) virtually everyone I hear from nowadays evidently adored Mahomes and wanted to give up everything to draft him.

The only fairly recent guy I can think of that absolutely nobody said anything critical of has had a pretty ho-hum, injury burdened career. And the guy who went just behind him in that draft, who had very, very few detractors (I know, because I felt awful lonesome), has had a pretty disastrous career too.

You weren't totally alone on Robert Griffin. I wrote a couple of long very negative appraisals of him prior to the draft, mostly focused on his personality. I doubt any prospect would be as poorly evaluated entering the draft in terms of personality, if I lived to 300. Robert Griffin was always a me-first whiner, from the Connecticut game his freshman year to bowl game against Illinois his third season to Oklahoma State his final year. I will never understand how the NFL or the draft process ignored it. WVDolphan used to call him Bob Griffin and cite my posts as the only one who nailed the personality problem ahead of time. Jason Whitlock waited until NFL season 2 or 3 to start calling him RG-Me.

Patrick Mahomes was another matter. Those pinball Big 12 offenses are so sickening and insulting to watch I seldom do it. I don't even remember what I thought or wrote about Mahomes but I had lots of conerns and it certainly couldn't be anything close to what he has turned out to be. I did see high praise from djphinfan, who I always respect.

I don’t know enough about Herbert to say if he’s worth drafting but I don’t understand those who say we have too many needs to move up and get him. This team is so poor at recognizing talent the only savior is risking it all to get an elite qb. Who are you afraid we are going to miss out on? The next Charles Harris.

Doesn’t take a genius to say the number one consensus pick will be a top pick and the guy you like. The trick is finding the future franchise further down. Only one team gets first dibs. I don’t think we will be picking better than eleven or so. We have zero shot at a top two pick.

most Dolphin fans: “tannehill ain’t it”

News breaks dolphins are interested in 2019s top QB

most dolphin fans: “f***ing idiots”

most Dolphin fans: “tannehill ain’t it”

News breaks dolphins are interested in 2019s top QB

most dolphin fans: “f***ing idiots”

Tammehill is ****. However, I wouldn’t be picking a QB next year. This whole thread is a total waste. We would have to sell our future to move up and draft this guy. Not worth it at all when 2020 is stacked with QBs.

Tammehill is ****. However, I wouldn’t be picking a QB next year. This whole thread is a total waste. We would have to sell our future to move up and draft this guy. Not worth it at all when 2020 is stacked with QBs.

2020 is one guy. Not stacked with quarterbacks..

That Oregon offense is crap. I just watched 3 full games, just Herbert drop backs/runs, and some high light stuff, and this kid has arm talent galore. Big big big arm. Threw a couple questionable jump balls his WRs won for him which he won't get here. Had near immaculate protection which he won't get here.

I saw some trouble coming off onto second and third reads, seems like he over throws when he had to readjust and throw from the pocket. Tremendous ability to throw on the run and off platform though. Most of his offensive reads where half field stuff which is concerning.

Kid has wheels too.

If he fell to us, I wouldn't be against it but I wouldn't want to see a huge ransom paid to draft him being that he's not NFL system ready.

Andrew Luck is the only qb I've seen that would have been worth trading up for. I was against what the skins did for RG3. I was okay drafting RT17 because he was there, I thought him to be a better than RG3 talent wise and honestly, he looks similar to Herbert but running a different college system that was simplistic but show cased more NFL style play progression and throws.

I don’t know enough about Herbert to say if he’s worth drafting but I don’t understand those who say we have too many needs to move up and get him. This team is so poor at recognizing talent the only savior is risking it all to get an elite qb. Who are you afraid we are going to miss out on? The next Charles Harris.

The elite QB, because they are so easy to spot.

Aaron Rodger was passed on by 20+ for teams. Brady was a 6th rounder. Dan Marino was picked 20 something. Everyone here talks as if there is a big sign over the head of these college QB's flashing Elite -- and those signs never, ever lie. Going all in has tons of risk. You might not actually get a good QB (Johny football anyone) or he might end up middle of the pack (like so many playing now). With going all in and if you miss, you hurt your team for 1 to 3 years being down on draft picks, so you are behind in other positions too.

Bottom line: If you are going to shoot for the moon, you better hit it or you are killing your team for years and years.

Back
Top Bottom